Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

Thankyou.

1 Like

No problem. Thanks for providing me the opportunity to ramble.

@Irishman92 I appreciate that man. It’s why I try to tell people lifting weights really isn’t that complicated. If you think that’s hard, try self-actualization, haha. I’m still figuring out what I believe.

1 Like

I agree with all of that. Thanks lava

1 Like

Its mothers day today in straya, i don’t know if it’s international but anyway.

Happy mothers day to all you lovely ladies out there or to the single dads out there that are the mum and dad.

3 Likes

Captain of Crush session

Today is a lighter volume day, this has been week 1 doing three sessions. ( im talking about all of this week, it’s sunday) One’s going to be Overcrushes, the next one PR sets and high reps with the trainer or whatever else i feel like, and lastly a session with timed holds and overcrushes.

The last couple of weeks i’ve been adjusting to two a weeks and i wanted to try 3. ( never rush in and just go crazy with grippers without adjusting your hands/forearms first, same with everything)

I’ll be slowly adding volume till my forearms get too fatigued/ or my elbows get cranky then i’ll deload and change programming. ( you shouldn’t always do the same gripper sessions anyway, it will get stale and halt progress). More frequency+ managing volume should come with some nice strength gains. My wrist roller and fat gripz should be here next week so i can at least start using the wrist roller too.

So i feel like writing up some stuff i’ve observed from my small experience so far or what i’ve read:

1. Warmup

2. Dont go batshit crazy, slowly adjust to the grippers and adjust volume/frequency accordingly.

3. Find techniques/ Methods that work for you, when you start off with light grippers pretty much anything will allow you to progress, but further up its harder. Same with lifting weights, you get awesome noob gains for a while then it really slows down and you have to be smarter with your training. And what i mean with find what methods work for you is everyone responds differently, some people respond awesomely to heavy deadlifts and get huge forearms from doing that whilst some people might need a mixture of heavy farmers walks and lots of wrist curls to grow. Same with grippers, you might be the guy that responds best to doing heavy negatives every day or other day. (15 year old Gyu min lee got certified on the #3 on May 1st this year after using that method for 1.5 years).

I’ve read of other people who got certified that only trained 1-2 times a week with grippers. Different genetics.

1. Dont overtrain, take care of your hand and arm health and Recover properly.

2. Dont use the same gripper program forever just because you read somewhere that it’s the best method or because you are stubborn. If it stops working change it up.

Also if you get stuck on your own methods and nothing you try works, maybe try out a proven program from the many programs out there. Chances are it will help.

6.treat grippers how you would treat lifting/whatever training.

Thats all for now.

Todays workout:

Its Very important you warm up your hands/ wrist/ forearms etc because you dont want to strain yourself, plus it makes your gripper sets feel alot better, just like warming up when lifting weights or whatever.

I like to warmup with some wrist/hand stretches and light squeeze work with a lighter gripper or another object you can squeeze. E.g a plastic water bottle full of water. ( thats what i did when i was starting off on the trainer)

2 sets of 30 overcrushes with the no.1. every week i’m just going to be adding reps first, then more sets. Overcrushes are really good for progressing with gripers because you can do most of the rep with one hand then finish off with the other. So it builds strength in both hands and allows you to overload your forearms once you cant get any more normal reps.

3 sets of hand bands with the yellow level 3 bands.

4 Likes

the crazy thing about Punny is he really is this deep without getting high!

We should give him some acid and record it for the most mind-blowingly profound podcast ever made.

9 Likes

Me :joy:

images

4 Likes

You are crazy :joy: that’s a good thing though!!

1 Like

Being normal is boring 0_o :joy:

1 Like

This band is seriously awesome.

1 Like
1 Like

1hr touch rugby at school
Also would have had a game of footy yesterday but i was sick so umpired instead.

1 Like

Captain of crush grippers
Trainer warmup 1×10

No.1
×10 PR
×12 PR
×10
×8

Trainer ×25 PR fatigued but also would be a PR when non fatigued.

Hand bands few sets of 12 on those

5 Likes

BJJ 1:30 hrs
Glad i was allowed to go today. BJJ was good and i really needed the physical outlet. Had a shitty day honestly but proud of myself for what i achieved and i’ll type that up.

So first shit event was breaking up with my girlfriend in the morning, sucks but it’s life and i’m young and i’ve learnt not to be affected by it to much.

Second was this dickhead at school, wouldn’t leave me alone. i was in class and he was being a bully and i kept telling him to piss off, and i was getting really angry at this point, and then he said “want to take this outside and have a fight.” ( he’s a tall big framed dude that picks on everyone thats smaller then him), i’ve observed him for a while now and every person he bullies never stands up for themselves whereas i will, i dont give a shit how big someone is. It’s funny because he didn’t like it when someone actually stood up for themself.

By this point i was going to punch them in the face and take them up on there fight offer, probably for the first time ever instead of engaging in conflict i just walked off and went and had a chat with my year coordinator and just did jobs and stuff for the rest of the day. I’m proud because i was able to suppress my anger and rage and not give in to violent temptations.

Now if he keeps going and tries to fight me, i’m allowed to respond in self defence if he attacks. I’m happy to kick his ass if it comes to that.

4 Likes

My only advice for this is find a spot where there’s cameras and let him throw the first punch. Also set up like you’re going to fight like a boxer and then use some leg sweep variation on him. Bulletproof.

Duke, this is why he wouldn’t leave you alone. All he wants is a reaction. ANY reaction. Giving him one is giving him what he wants.

Piss him off by ignoring him. Love and hate are almost the same emotion. You have to care DEEPLY about someone to feel one way or the other. To truly express disdain for another human, you act as though they don’t exist.

If he’s truly not on your level, don’t treat him as such. Treat him like a sub-human and give him no reply.

3 Likes

This I like a lot young Duke.
Keep it at this. Ignore the dude, do not respond to his bulliness.
Keep calm and walk away. It’s not very manly, but getting into a fight, could get you into trouble, even if throws first and theres camera and stuff.
Better let it go, get your head down and do your own stuff. Do not take it down to his level.

I’m not suggesting doing this but if there ever comes a situation where you get into a fight remember that you must stop immediately when the dude that attacked you is no longer a threat. So if you throw someone on the floor stop right there. If you continue to hurt him when he’s no more an immediate threat it’s not self defense anymore and you’ll get in a lot of trouble.

Also, if you tell that you stopped right when the threat was eliminated they can’t really punish you, especially if you have proof.

2 Likes

not always the case?

It is until he attacks again, any time you hit a dude that’s floored it’s on you (only thing would be if he had a weapon and you did it to disarm him)