Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

For me heavy presses dont seem to build delts that much. Lots of lateral raises and evil burning in the delts is what grew mine.

Makes sense. Also some people are more genetically gifted forearm/grip wise like calves.

Yeah, train hard and eat like a madman.

1 Like

Absolutely, build some muscles, do conditioning.
Eat at maintenance, when you’ve dialed that in, you’ll start losing weight with the same amount of food that was your maintenance, up the calories a bit, keep it until you start losing weight again.
The hard part is counting day in and day out 7 days a week.

I’ve always found it easier to move around more instead of eating less, not eating just plain sucks.

1 Like

Heavy presses grow my front delts quite well, but they are already ahead of the other heads. I’ve noted the same as you with the volume and burning, especially the side delts seem to like it.

That’s true. I wish my calves were like my grip too, man they are horrible. My gastrocnemius muscleslooks mutilated - the inner heads attach super low, right at the ankle and the outer heads attach a bit under halfway up. (And the outer head is grossly overdeveloped in comparison to inner head) That combined with my externally rotated feet makes for quite the freakshow. The feet are a big problem, because I have really hard time with activating my inner heads.

Exactly

Oh well.

Sorry for hijacking your thread by the way

Yeah front delts seem to grow alot easier than side delts, it’s really annoying.

Just wear pants constantly, no one will notice :grinning:

Hijack it all you want man, doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

Now starring in Infinity War

5 Likes

Yeah I thought I saw a new avatar :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to see it tomorrow, cant wait!

1 Like

No MMA on this week, college banned me for this week and maybe next week. Wagged school for a few hours earlier in the week to hang out with girlfriend lol

2 Likes

Just go around bashing kids. When they ask why you did it, tell them you need a physical outlet haha

I could so ruin it :joy:

Haha i’ve seen all the spoiler memes on facebook i know what happens :joy::joy::joy:

Duke, no joke, you are your own worst enemy for your success here.

Yeah pretty much. I knew they’d dish out punishment but didn’t think that would happen.

Haha i know Its a joke but if i did then i’d get kicked out of MMA and BJJ- No fighting outside of the club unless its self defence. That would suck haha.

I really do need a physical outlet though, helps with alot of shit plus i enjoy training. Can’t wait to lift again.

2hrs indoor volleyball

Captain of crush work
1 min total hold with the #1 took two 3 sec breaks in between

2×10 overcrushes// assisted closes

1×30 overcrushes with trainer

Lots of hand bands expansions, can now do the level 3 band for 15.

It’s not just the punishment though. You gotta look long term and big picture here. Look at how you’re communicating

This very passive communication. “College banned me” vs “I got banned from college”. “They’d dish out punishment” vs “I would get punished”. You’re attempting to absolve yourself of responsibility here and make yourself the victim. You are in charge of your own destiny here man, and it’s based off the choices and actions you make. The school isn’t acting; it’s REACTING to the actions you take. And, in turn, you’re attempting to live a reactionary lifestyle and be a victim of circumstances here, when this is all within your control.

The real punishment was on yourself for skipping school. This is your chance to carve out a future for yourself, get set straight, and make the most of a very VERY limited educational opportunity. You will spend a very short period of your life getting formally educated, and after that you’re on your own.

The girls will always be there. But this opportunity won’t.

7 Likes

The residential college is seperate from the school, school doesnt really care/ they dont do anything about kids wagging. They’ll ask where you were but thats about it.

i just dont care about wagging unless i was failing school then i would. Im doing the best i’ve ever done at school and passing all subjects because i’m actually trying ( if i dont pass il have to either repeat year 11 or drop out, both options i cant do so stay in school it is) Its not a good habit to have though because in the future in the workforce, you cant just skip work. That = Fired.

Anyways I’m going to try not to wag again because my pop is giving me a car as long as i keep up doing good at school and dont wag anymore. Also dont really want to miss out on MMA etc either.

Yeah i wasted year 2 to 10 because i fucked around/didnt do anything. Everyone said you’ll regret it when you’re older and they were right.

I believe I failed to communicate my point.

Duke, I am hopeful that one day it is not the punishment that compels you to act a certain way.

1 Like

Me too man, its how i’ve always learn things. And thankyou for these posts and what you are trying to get across, i look back on lots of posts from everyone here and it clicks eventually.