Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

Now that’s what I call high risk equipment :smiley:

But really, nice that you have a sandbag now!

Got to find myself a log and try it out sometime

Alternating log carry and sandbag sprint could make for some nasty sessions

Think:
30s log carry
Sprint to sandbag
30s sandbag carry
Sprint to log
repeat
Time could be substituted for distance of course, actually it could work even better that way

1 Like

Probably should have emptied it and just used all sand instead. I took a shower straight after :grinning::joy:

I can make multiple! My mum likes sheep poo to use in her gardens so i haveblots of bags i can use and fill them up to various weight. I also put a couple of 5kg plates i have lying around in my sandbag. Don’t know why this didn’t occur to me before. Got the idea from @I_Luc orginally except go to the store and tape a bag of sand i bought from there. This sandbag is free!

In the bush or forrest somewhere lol.

i should try that!

2 Likes

I didn’t realise you were a fellow west Australian.

tweet

1 Like

Didn’t know you were either. Glad to know i’m not the only one here anymore!

Everyone else is over east.

I thought everyone was from the USA. :joy:

So you’re in Perth?

tweet

Hey Young Duke thumbs up.
That is really awesome stuff there.
Those other strongmen hanging around here have to be carefull.
Next up is a smaller log to carry overhead.
How about some rocks in various shapes and weight to play around with.

1 Like

My sarcasm detector is off the charts! you know what i mean :joy:

Theres @MarkKO @anon96032531 @guineapig @khangles @kleinhound @j4gga2 @simo74 @I_Luc @Irishman92 @painter27

Theres more too but those are the ones that post frequently/ or have a log.

Yeah not too far from perth. Was there for 6 months last year in Rockingham. What about you?

2 Likes

Thanks alot man! I was thinking of drilling some handles into the log so i could do other stuff with it as well. Like log farmers walks :joy:

Also i was eyeing off some rocks i saw too!

Btw just wanted to say keep up the good work i see in your log. You’ve been making some really awesome progress mort!

2 Likes

Go to your local forest, I know WA has a few and grab a couple of logs

2 Likes

Thanks @I_Luc thats pretty cool! DIY log farmers carry.

Also is it just a coincidence that the guys name is Duke? :joy:

1 Like

Haha, that must be it, now you have to do it, get the chainsaw ready

1 Like

In my comp, the last event for the Press medley was a natural stone @ 190lbs. Only one person was able to press it and it was one of the most impressive things I have ever seen. Point of the story, definitely play with some rocks outside.

Rise of the Slaya - Sheep Shit Edition

Few things are more satisfying than a good workout in the middle of a nice vacation. Awesome Duke :slight_smile:

Damn thats strong!!

Lol. Thanks man!

1 Like

Oh and my new gripper came today. Pretty excited to see if i can close it or not.

Grips sore from that conditioning session so i’m waiting till tomorrow to try it.

1 Like

Interesting read! “So simple and so concrete.” I think that’s one of the things I’m enjoying about powerlifting. Most of my athletic focus in on BJJ, which can get ridiculously intricate and, quite honestly, stressful. By contrast, I love the change of pace I get spending a full 45-60 minute session just working on a single lift or two.

Pullups
Did 50 total pullups
30 normal and 20 negatives.

I took minimal time between sets to work conditioning. I got 8 on my first set!! I’ve always been shit at pullups and the most i ever got is ten. A few months ago i struggled to get 4, I’ve done zero pullups since then and i’m the heaviest i’ve ever been so i think it’s The improved grip strength from my CoC gripper. Cool

After pullups messed around with sandbag loading onto back of my ute.

7 Likes

Nice work man!

That’s quite correct. Increased grip strength usually means increased strength overall.

1 Like

Thanks man!

Its weird to think that just one little tool (CoC gripper) improves your grip so rapidly. I mean the website does say “The fastest route to a stronger grip.”

Definitely worth the small amount of money i pay for them. Not to be a CoC saleman or anything but i’d highly recommend it to anyone.

2 Likes

Your killing me with all these CoC references ::joy::

1 Like