Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

Check out twojarslave’s log if you haven’t already, he’s been into the BJJ for a bit now and does good write ups

1 Like

Thanks @Despade, i follow his log. As you can see his writeups are a lot better than mine!

Something i can work on i suppose. I have to remember all the names of everything first lol.

A whole chocolate cake? For pete’s sake! I am so jealous!!!

1 Like

I got it from the bakery! It was delicious.

Agreed. When I was doing JJJ throws were by far my favorite part. Striking is cool, but a throw followed by some sort of mount/submission technique is a lot more fun + there’s less potential to hurt yourself. Punch someone in the wrong spot and you can simultaneously break your hand and make them very, very angry. At least that’s what I’ve heard. I’ve never punched someone in the face before on purpose. Lol

Plus it requires more skill and i think it’s more interesting to learn than learning a punch combo.

A week ago i knocked my mate out, he was out for like two minutes lol. It was literally accidental though :joy:

1 Like

Sprinting/ jumps

Warmup jogging, butt kicks, high knees, leg and arm swings, stretches

@Frank_C’s “accelerations”

Accelerating to 10 metres, stopping then going back to the start line and accelerating to 20 m and so on.

10m ×1 20m×1 30m×1 40m×1
Repeated 2 times

Long jump:

5×1 run up and jumping as far as possible into the sand pit.

Puked a few minutes after when i was cooling down lol. Wasn’t feeling the best anyway.

And wtf only in this town this would happen😂. As i was about to leave the oval these two dudes about my age, walked past and one was carrying a big ass bag of weed. Like seriously, at least conceal it? They’re going to get mobbed if they keep that up.

4 Likes

sounds right up my ally

1 Like

I new you weren’t really a painter :joy:

1 Like

yesterdays food

3 vegemite & butter toast
3 weetbix with milk
2 bananas
1 apple
Chinese container of fried rice and thai green chicken curry
2 handfuls of walnuts
Plate of lemon butter fish, taco pasta, beans and corn on cob. Lots of cheese on the pasta.

todays training CoC/ core

2×10 closing as much as possible and using other hand to assist

1×10 Coc closes with other hand assisting gripper upside down.

1×20 sec iso hold

3×12 hand bands with the level 2 bands, hand extensors getting stronger.

50 ab wheel rollouts

1 minute plank

1 Like

WTF

so i was sitting in my room and i got really angry over something, put some heavy metal on and grabbed my CoC gripper and got 5 reps with my left hand (weaker arm), pr with my right is 2. Weird because my grip/forearms are fried asf from before. Anyways a pr is a pr lol

CoC gripper is like a stress ball for gym dudes :joy:

3 Likes

Food

3 vegemite buttered toast
2 bananas
3 ham cheese tomato toasties
Plate of fried rice and beef kebabs
1l milk
Couple Handful of walnuts throughout the day

I.need.to.lift.some.fucking.weights.lol

Btw checking out a gym i just found out about in town tomorrow, i’l post some photos:

FB_IMG_1521364846379

FB_IMG_1521364828501

FB_IMG_1521364721736

Looks pretty cool compared to stupid commercial gyms and stuff.

Cant rely on the College gym because of the dumb rules so yeah. The college takes you to sports and stuff, so i said why can’t gym count? and they agreed on it.

I’ll still be sprinting and doing mma though.

8 Likes

Hey Fat Kid that’s good news.
Looks like a cool place you found there.

1 Like

Thanks mort! Yeah i really like the look of it. Looks like an older style gym without all the annoying stuff of a commercial gym.

Maybe guinea pigs have bad eye sight but where are all the barbells?

Idk lol i saw a couple in other photos. They like blend in. Spot the barbell if you can

Well theres a squat rack and a bench press. There might be a BB somewhere. And lots of plates

Well, you’d certainly hope theres a barbell at a gym with squat racks and benches.

Otherwise it’s imaginary bench presses and squats on the menu.

1 Like