Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

unnamed

Then they will think im trying to disguise the suicide vest :scream:

Jk

In America, they wouldn’t call the cops. You’d go down in a hail of gunfire produced by stay at home moms with their personalized/bedazzled AR-15s. Gotta keep the children safe, so must pack the heat at all times

3 Likes

Good thing this is australia. Instead of women with guns Kangaroo enforcers jump around boxing criminals to death.

3 Likes

Roos really look like people in a costume. I’ve only ever seen videos, but them shits is freaky man

1 Like

On my dumb things to do list next to slapping a bull its fighting a kangaroo. They are scary for sure.

2 Likes

Food

Bowl of cereal
2 bananas
1 apple
2 Ham, cheese, salad rolls
2 large steak, ham, cheese rolls
×1 plate of rice and beef stirffy
No milk felt kinda sick after dinner. I woulda had more but i got sixk when eating it. The regular cook was away and some replacement was in and i nearly died from that food lolol.

Have you ever seen a sprinter?? Or Herschel Walker? He claims he only did bodyweight stuff at one point in his career and he was jacked. He had great genetics but it’s worth researching.

Sprint drills are high intensity and the duration can be similar to high rep sets of squats. I think you can grow by only sprinting.

Well sprinters are pretty jacked, i kinda mean like if sprinting was so good at building leg mass why would any bodybuilder do squats and whatnot? They’d do sprints instead. It is effective for building muscle- but compared to weight training idk yet. I can only speculate from what i’ve read and viewed etc. If i get huge legs from sprinting then i will know lol.

Im thinking sprinting will sorta give my legs that "athletic look"i don’t know how to describe it.

1 Like

Training
1hr of learning about plyometrics and stuff like that. Some hurdle drills and vertical jump stuff and yeh also trying out razor curls which everyone failed at in my class. They’re hard af

Food

4 Toast with scrambled eggs
Bowl of cereal and banana

3 ham, salad, cheese rolls

Banana, apple

3 pancakes

Some roast chicken i bought from the shops.

Grilled chicken, veggies,mash potatoes
×1 plate

Some more roast chicken

4 Likes

I call those Nordic hams. They’re brutal.

In regards to the sprinting, I think bodybuilders avoid them for two reasons.

1. They usually want to bulk or cut. Sprinting might hinder the bulking process (in their minds) and might be a bit much during the cutting phase.

2. Sprinting is freaking hard, and quite possibly not enjoyable.

I would use them during both. If I sprint and burn more calories then I’ll just eat more. The muscle building potential of sprints along with the fat burning qualities are too good to pass up (when I’m healthy). It’s also a good thing to be athletic. The last thing I need is to blow a hammy chasing some dumbass down the street or playing outfield in a beer league softball game (the latter is more likely).

1 Like

Thought there was a different name for them! When i got to the bottom position there was no way i was getting back up lol.

Weirdly enough my hamstrings/glutes werent setting me back, my calves did. I almost tore both at once when doing the nordic curls thats how weak they are.

also ab strength was limiting too.

Theres some jacked af sprinters that could almost pass for a physique competitor at Mr Olympia.

Its a shame more people dont do sprints by the sounds of it. When i start my sprint session i despise it but then really enjoy it after some warming up. Also I found an article on T-Nation and there was some interesting stuff about the impacts on sprinting vs bulking. " sprint workouts during mass phases can greatly reduce bodyfat accumulation and also increase insulin sensitivity so you get even leaner in the process."

Sprinting only vs in conjunction with weights, i think the weights and sprinting combined would probably result in more hypertrophy. If i recall correctly, I remember you posting before that you maintained your leg mass and strength without lifting weights for a while? That’s pretty cool.

2 Likes

Omg are those razor curls even physically possible??? Wow!!

You are correct. I had my wife write me a program designed to improve my 200 meter sprint time. I trained three days per week. My legs stayed the same size but I did lose some strength. It was mostly noticeable in my vertical. I had to start lifting again to get my vertical back but it only took a few weeks to regain what I’d lost.

That’s how I view all conditioning. Conditioning is necessary regardless of your training goals. During my current slow bulk phase I’m still doing mindless cardio because I can. I could be wrong, but I think I can build muscle by training and providing my body with carbs and protein. But I can also burn through some reserves with cardio at the end of my lifting sessions. I might end up just burning off glycogen and replenishing it when I eat but there’s a chance I could burn some stored fat. Regardless of the body comp effects it’s still good for my health.

2 Likes

I’m interested to see how the cardio goes

DIY a pullup/dip station in ur room and come back when you can do 30 reps with 50kg strapped to ur ballsack.

3 Likes

Dude you must have the firmest sack in the world. I bet a two wet towel lift is nothing for your shit

1 Like

1 Like

I should just remove my bed as well and put a barbell there. What they gonna do lol. Il sleep on a swag.

*in/on a swag/s