Rise of the Slaya 2020

Try to use a KB if you can. The more unstable, the better

Damn Duke, good luck at the hospital, take a magazine.

I started out with a CoC Trainer and a #1. The trainer is easy, like a warm up. Itā€™s almost disappointing to pay twenty five bucks for it, but squeezing tougher grippers with cold hands sucks so itā€™s good to have an easy one.

The number one is OK to start doing ā€œwork setsā€ on. Once you mess with that for awhile you can decide if you want to jump up to a #1.5 or #2.

For training, do something simple and tough. Squeeze for reps, hold them shut for time, close with for singles going back and forth, one hand then the other until you canā€™t. When itā€™s too easy, move up.

There is also an adjustable gripper (Ivanko Super Gripper) that you can buy once and keep using as you get stronger, instead of needing a bunch of separate ones.

Also maybe think about a plate loaded machine that sits on the floor for your gym.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s pretty much what I am debatingā€¦ Wether or not to get a trainer. The CoC are decently expensive over here. I do need to improve my grip badly though and I am super lazy in actually training it. Thatā€™s why a gripper seems like a good tool

It is a good tool, and will improve your grip crazy fast but no need to buy them when theres other options. I only bought mine originally during early 2018 when i couldnt go to the gym. That said theres lots of options without the gym like rice/sand squeezes, pull up bar hangs, Wringing out a towel etc. I would recommend them though because theyā€™re fun lol

1 Like

You could probably get by squeezing a tennis ball or racquetball or something instead of the trainer if you got creative.

There are other companies besides Ironmind, maybe Heavy Grips or some other brand is more widely available or less expensive in Europe?

Duke is right about there being lots of ways to train your hands with dumb stuff in the gym.

1 Like

Umm so ive figured out that stress causee excessive muscle tightness as well. i just had a breakdown and then 1 hour later all my muscles are super fucking tight especially the problematic areas but everywhere is tight as heck

Psychological+Emotional stress will smash u as good as any heavy deadlift sesh or worse.

1 Like

Not to mention leaving you with no will or energy, i was on thr way home and had to lay down on the ground for an hr before i could get up lol

Thanks for the tips guys! @FlatsFarmer @duketheslaya

1 Like

Whatā€™s up Duke? Are you doing alright?

Hey man! I totally forgot to post. Anyways doing great and plugging along, i can almost afford regular physio so il be starting that soon and going to My coaches physio and seeing exactly whats wrong and how to address it.

1 Like

Muay thai
1hr. Friend is coaching me, i hate group classes, dont learn shit so its a waste of money. i learn best with 1 on 1 so my mate will be training me a couple days a week from now on.

Iā€™m glad to hear it, I was worried you got sepsis or some other terrible infection.

Ohh! Also the abscess which was actually a cervaceous cyst got removed. Face is all stitched up lol. Soon can resume regular training when stitches are removed and il be allowed to sweat. Currently i just do bicep curls and apparently high frequency is the key, ive gone from 10kg for 10 reps to 17kg for 10 on curls. I just build to a topset everyday and aim to beat it, Then do maybe a set or 2 of lighter higher reps or slow controlled squeeze reps. Then when my biceps need rest il rest a day then repeat etc. Im milking the bicep gains lol. #Arms everyday. With strongman i didnt do curls often because i thoughtstrongman stimulated them enough or something. Everyones different though so i should have just tried high frequency sooner.

5 Likes

Iā€™m late but along for the ride buddy. Letā€™s get to it!

1 Like

Todays training 10th feb monday
Left leg extensions and leg curls
Right leg glute leg press
Left lat pushdown
Right trap shrugs
Pull aparts

Curls later in in the day lol. Can afford regular physio soon bois, started my own gardening business

7 Likes

Annnnnnnd heā€™s back. Hope you are well duke.

Good luck with the business man!

Welcome back Duke! hope life has been treating you well.