Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

Confession: I f*cking hate beer, but I’m quickly developing a love for whiskey and dark rum

1 Like

Wednesday
8 Hill sprints
@60% intensity all under 12 seconds
Best time 10.16.

2 minutes 30 minutes

Plan is to reduce rest time eventually to 0 and make all runs under 10 seconds. (Training for ADF beep test, Going to add in some normal runs but want 10.1+ a.k.a elite score

3 Likes

Todays training
Axle push press
60kg×6 PR couple reps in tank
60kg overhead hold till failure
Discovered I like a looser belt for overhead so used my pioneer 10mm

Farmers holds
105kg per hand ×15 secs
Comp weight. Not too heavy. Awesome in my 13mm Cerberus Infinity Lever

Plank
2 minute pr
1 minute 10kg
1 minute 10 secs 10kg

2 Likes

did u clock?

1 Like

About 40 seconds, I’m a big fan of holds and paused reps etc

1 Like

Have you tried barbell waiter’s carries? Moving while holding overhead is a pretty awesome core workout.

1 Like

I’ve done them with a kettlebell a few times for some light activation, Next push press session I have Holds Programmed again (Next friday, I have 2 press sessions next week) Il try them then.

If you can do a nice long hold at 60 Kg, I’d start with the bar for a warm-up set, then jump to 40 Kg, then 60 depending how 40 feels. Of course, I’m old, so I need a lot more warm-up than you youngsters. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It depends on how i feel really, Some days if I feel utter garbage Il do lots of warmup sets and that helps and others just a couple

You’re not from Australia. You’re a typical Texan.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s alot harder to hold once you’re moving with it.

Texas is basically American Australia

2 Likes

Australia is Oceanic Texas.

2 Likes

Australia and Texas are really just spicy, dry Germany

1 Like

They are both frontier lands so can see why they are similar. Our crocs are bigger though !!

Todays training
Front squat
3×1 paused 70kg
3×1 paused 80kg
80kg Amrap
10 pr
+2 from last week and what I had planned for today. 3-4 reps in the tank!!

Lunges 3×10
30kg

Good sesh.

GAME OF THRONES TONIGHT!!!

2 Likes

My buddy hitting 161kg for a double on axle clean and press. Can’t wait to see the wr get broken comp day !!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwRd5zhlMiv/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=19ifvk21ld763

2 Likes

You reckon for the clean and press event if lifters can jerk it instead of press that they will perform better? I mean weightlifters get the most weight locked out overhead no?

Definitely. Then again you don’t see guys like Big z Split jerking the world record or even the Axle wr and I think that’s due to their size and mobility issues. But then that argument is contradicted by Rob Kearney lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv7OUMHAgxQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=17mglld7lxvm5

I is confusion. But yeah i definitely think the jerk adds alot of kg

Rob Kearney started split jerking right away when he started strongman and has been doing so for a decade. He knew that was his best path and its worked out great for him. Most of the other guys would get weaker trying to split jerk