Good id rather that then school
Basically school is a living hell for kids with ASD, I also Have ADHD as well which again Kids with ADHD have a terrible experience with school. So i have double.
1 i cant handle being around hundreds of people) also being forced to be around many people and i have ASD so this Gives me bad anxiety. If i trust someone and they are a close friend i like to socialise but otherwise that I dont want to be around that many people. I prefer to be by myself. It stresses me out severely to be around lots of people. I do not understand people at all so its hard for me to be friends with many people, I feel like a Robot sometimes too.
Stress. I hate school and have always hated It, I dread it everyday. It’s boring as fuck and all I want to do is leave, It’s hard for me to focus on anything because i am only good at fixating on certain things and the rest is extremely difficult to focus and do anything. (Autism again) so i am bored all day because In most classes i sit there doing nothing and can not focus. The only relief is talking to my mates and time passes by quicker.
This ties in with 1 but i hate when people are loud, This too stresses me out severely and is apart of my asd. I have to hear loud people all day. I also do not like yelling and conflict. One of the reasons I was getting so crazy with those stupid dicks is because i hate conflict.
4.At school I am incredibly drained, Whilst at school I feel super tired and lethargic and weak etc. As soon as i get home I feel way better. School exhausts me simply because of the mental strain of it. I do not sleep much during the week because i have school. But yeah at school I feel physically and mentally miserable.
5: I can not handle sitting down for long periods of time, I need to fiddle or move around or occupy myself. It drives me insane.
It’s hard for me to learn, My brain fires at a million thoughts per second (ADHD) so its hard as hell to absorb information. This mixes badly with autism because the autism makes it hard enough to focus on things that I am not interested in. which is most things at school.
ADHD symptoms which affect school:
|Finds it hard to concentrate
Makes careless mistakes
Does not seem to listen
Avoids difficult tasks
Does not follow through on instructions
Has difficulty finishing work
Frequently loses things
Has difficulty planning and being on time Tends to fidget or squirm
Gets up during class when not supposed to
- Often interrupts others (im alot better then i used to be but every now and then yes)
Often ‘on the go’ or acts as if ‘driven by a motor’
- Blurts out answers before questions have been finished (used to do this)
Acts without thinking things through
finds it hard to deal with boredom and frustration
Impulsive as you know I’m impulsive
Here are some snippets of information i could find that I relate to:
Lack the complex social skills that are intuitive to others. They may struggle to establish and maintain friendships or they may experience bullying. (Bullying all my life)
Experience sensory difficulties which can make it difficult to tolerate some aspects of the school environment such as [noise, smells, lighting]
Struggle with anxiety and find it hard to be apart from family, or away from the familiar [routines of home]
Here are more symptoms of ADHD and ASS
- Disorganization and problems prioritizing
- Poor time management skills
- Problems focusing on a task
- Trouble multitasking
- Excessive activity or restlessness
- Poor planning
- Low frustration tolerance
- Frequent mood swings
- Problems following through and completing tasks
- Hot temper
- Trouble coping with stress
- Difficulty interpreting what others are thinking or feeling
- Trouble interpreting facial expressions, body language, or social cues
- Difficulty regulating emotion
- Trouble keeping up a conversation
- Inflection that does not reflect feelings
- Difficulty maintaining the natural give-and-take of a conversation; prone to monologues on a favorite subject
- Tendency to engage in repetitive or routine behaviors
- Only participates in a restricted range of activities
- Strict consistency to daily routines; outbursts when changes occur
- Deep knowledge of one particular topic, such as a certain branch of science or industry
As you can see, All these things mixed together make school very very horrible.
There is alot more but hands down school is a living nightmare, All my life It has been fucked up. It’s just fucked up. I can’t wait for it to be over