Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

I’m chill now lol. Im just very bad tempered. I think better choice would be switch the presses around so im doing those before log. It wasn’t the worst session at all. Thats just me overreacting as usual

1 Like

Some interesting data @guineapig . I decided to tap test a few hours post training at 7pm and it was quite lower than usual. Straight afyer training and about an hour after i tested it too and it was normal. Usually fatigue from training hits a few hrs from training depending on the day.

Now its 9pm and i feel normal. My tap test score returned to baseline =Cns recovered

2 Likes

Tbh I don’t even know what cns recovery is

Training causes fatigue (Stress) lots of factors effect cns like life stresses, sleep, training etc.

I’m more confused now. I get the concept of fatigue in training but cns fatigue sounds like a different concept if it recovers to baseline in a few hours

Probably. Idk i aint no exercise scientist guy lol

Pretty important principles man lol

I’m totally a stereotypical meathead

You should actually take a deload week man, you shouldnt be setting PRs or failing anything during a “deload” week

I deloaded last week

Your CNS controls everything. When you contract a muscle the CNS sends the signal. For things that are easy you don’t use as many muscle fibers. For max effort stuff you use more (hopefully all).

When you’re new to training your CNS is inefficient. The muscle fibers aren’t recruited in the best order or at the right times so your performance is worse than it could be. The initial gains in strength come from improved CNS efficiency. Your body just learns to use the muscle fibers in a better way.

If your CNS is tired then efficiency will go down. That means decreased performance. That’s why that app might be useful.

I think it’s similar to the grip test used in that study CT wrote about regarding the best time of day to train. The result was 3 and 11 hours after waking up naturally (no alarm). CT’s personal peaks in grip strength were 2 and 10 hours after waking.

2 Likes

But it consisted of failing a max stone load and setting an axle press PR, plus some intense grip work. It wasn’t an actual deload week.

1 Like

The axle press pr was actually this weeks working weights to be fair. Plus it was super easy. Also I’ve failed that stone for 4 weeks in a row now.

That was the only session where i trained grip? I did one exercise? I wouldn’t call that intense. Also on thursday and friday i did stuff all. On thursday i did some muck around db presses and axle press, friday all i did was attempt the atlas stone and then leave. I also had a day where i did 3 back exercises and one grip. 2 of those were machines. Tuesday was all machine work too for legs. My dude failing an atlas stone 4 weeks in a row is probably silly but I’ll keep doing it until i load the damn thing.
Ive only broken it off the floor once and that was last week.

1 Like

Might be good to just go without the belt.

I see the form degrading as a feature rather than a bug, haha. I find a lot of value in training under fatigue.

2 Likes

I think thats a good idea.

Today was the first time i actually completed all the sets (regardless of failing the emom) so thats improvement i guess. I just have to figure out racking the log properly.

Besides that i don’t really care about form breakdown alot. It’s just at this point i can’t rack it properly so ingraining poor technique over and over is silly. The log emom setup is a great conditioning tool as well as how much it wrecks you lol. Ive moved it to doing presses before the cleans so im not gassed come presses. I find log clean wipes out my whole back, legs and core (in a good way)

1 Like

Hey young duke
You want to much to fast my friend.

Emom Log clean would be very very good for you.
Lower the weight significantly, do the reps good and strong.
Use a weight that’s easy to do, when you get to the last emom set it’s a bit harder but still you should be able to do it with good form or only a little form breakdown.
Later you can peak and add weight to the log. training with bad form will have you perform with even worse form at the event.
Training with good form makes the event a little bad form but that’s okay.

1 Like

Sorry, I did misread and mix some things up so thats my bad. But still, be careful, I know it sucks to take a break but it is also necessary.

The log weighs 60kg. I cant strip down the weight. Plus its pretty light tbh (I feel like chucking on 20kg but I’m not, technique sucks) My problem is i am not performing the movement properly and not racking it properly so i need to learn that. With emom, Form breaks down more and more as the set goes on (log wears you out, its a big awkward objwct so it really thrashes the body+ Not the best conditioning)

I know what you’re saying man (You gotta give the body a rest). Taking a break is very hard for psychologically. I only do it because i have to/need one after a few weeks of hard training. (I guess thats why everyone does it, if deloads werent necessary no one would do it lol)

Ahh I see okay then do singles 15 emom, really focus on doing the damn thing right.
When form strikes and it will then do doubles for 12 minutes and when they are all good move to triples.

1 Like