Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

Thor will break it. He needs to top last year by 25-ish lbs.

Eddie won’t come back. He will just say he is the only man to break 500kg on an on spec deadlift bar, even though he has claimed the elephant bar is more difficult in the past and Thor won’t get to use figure 8 straps which are a big advantage.

He has already said he doesn’t care if someone breaks his record by a few kgs, if it was a jump to 550kg then that might pique his interest. He has a pretty good gig with Giants Live and flogging crap to idiots, I don’t see him coming back. I also don’t see anyone getting near 550kg anytime soon.

Didn’t Thor hit 472kg at the last Arnold to break the record?? There is a big gap between that and 500

1 Like

Yeah, he hit 1041lbs, I had 1074lbs in my head for some reason.

Still within reach IMO, the 500kg deadlift was an almost 40kg jump on the previous record. You’ll probably see one of the big deadlifters come in just for that lift and put token efforts in for the other events.

Eddie’s record wouldn’t be broken since the elephant bar hast it’s own record.
I think 500 kg is doable. Most likely for Thor, but JF Caron and Terry Pritchett are also contenders.

Eddie won’t come back anytime soon. He markets himself well and is able to reap the benefits of the hype that was created around his persona. He also lost a ton of bodyweight and doesn’t seem to be training all that heavy. I think those niggling injuries he mentions from time to time are more severe than he likes to admit - but that is just a theory of my own.
You have to think about the little time span in which he achieved what he die and the amount of weight he put on to do it. That is extreme, even for strongman

1 Like

Thor will have it
My money is on Thor having the 500kg dead in his powerlifting meet next month but if it’s not next month, it’s going to be at the Arnold’s

Eddie won’t come back for that, he has already stated he is done with strongman and the fact that he has obviously done so well in his weight loss and is obviously so much healthier now, he has no need to.

I find that very unlikely. It is a full power meet without straps.

I see what you mean, however unless it’s just to peak interest, Thor and his coach have made it very clear that he wants to truly own the title of the world’s strongest man, and according to his coach it’s going to be in his sights for the meet.
Doubtful maybe, but you can only go off what they say

1 Like

Hope you’re right but I still can’t see it. I’ll be watching either way

Neural charge workout
The guidelines say 4-8 rounds. Did 4 since it was my first time, it worked well in priming my cns.

Circuit of the following
Explosive plyo push-ups (Clap pushup)
3 reps
Explosive prowler throws
4 reps
Medicine ball throws over bar
3 reps
Broad jump
4 reps

Upper-lower-upper-lower.

Notes: started to feel decreased performance so capped the sets. Also made sure not to turn it into a conditioning session. @danteism does this look right to you?

4 Likes

Looks pretty good, although more suited for a 1B

Personally I’ve liked to do;

A Bench against pins for 3x4-6s
B Band pull-apart 3x8-10 reps
A Front squat against pins
3x4-6s
B Band tricep pushdown 3x8-10 reps
A Band Good morning 2-3x8-10 reps
B Band curls 2-3x8-10 reps

Resting for 60-90 or so seconds between sets and performing the banded exercises in accelerating manner, not necessarily explosively. On the lifts against pins creating a lot of tension is of utmost importance.

You don’t want to create fatigue with neural charge sessions, so capping your sets was a good call.

Play around with different setups and see what works best for you; circuits, pairings or standalone exercises? Isometrics, explosive lifts or band stuff? You get the idea

I honestly don’t follow the sport enough to know who has a chance, but Eddie is never coming back, haha.

3 Likes

Eddie is too skinny now and I bet the health benefits of being lean will make him not want to put on the weight to do it again.

My money is on Thor. He is very high above the other competition and has a pretty low training age.

Ohh. Yeah i couldn’t find any articles for specific neurotype apart from one that just said neural charge session. I admit it was pretty fun, i enjoyed throwing, jumping and the like.

I’ll have a try with your method and see how that goes next time. Lots of stuff to play around with here, i think maybe a mix would be nice. I can’t handle much explosive stuff so maybe 1 or 2 exercises could be explosive. They felt really good.

1 Like

I agree. Happy cake day btw!

Thats a valid point. Unless it’s the last event which by then they will be tired anyway

I didn’t know the Arnolds was an Elephant bar, I got an email from StartingStrongman, saying about the 500kg dead+. Btw Thors static strength has really gotten insane

I’m kind of disappointed in eddie, theres been speculation of photoshop use in some of his pictures. (Clear distortion). Plus he keeps pushing all this supplement shit constantly. I suppose he has to make money somehow

He’s still strong as shit though. Have seen videos on occasion where he lifts heavy but not like he used to obviously.

For sure

Hmmm… i really hope so. I believe it’s just a lot of hype “WSM does a powerlifting comp.” If anything it’ll be good to hopefully draw alot of attention to powerlifting.

Eh. I thought maybe because he clearly has more potential in him for deadlidt that if his record was broken ( not by like 1kg though who cares) he might make a pure deadlift return. That’s probably abwaste of time, and i don’t think after him saying he’s retired that his wife or other people will be happy. He’s not one to go back on his word either.

Very good point. Eddie seems to be really thriving

Crazy to see thors development so far

todays training
Daily deadlifts fail already
Warmed up for deadlifts and form was fucking horrible. Hips were way too low and then kept squatting down on the eccentric. deadlifts can lick pauline hansons hairy ballsack. If it werent for my strongman aspirations I’d fuck them off. Quit because this made me super angry and didnt want to use up all my energy.

Log press
Bunch of singles with 60kg log. Second time log pressing. Clean was way better than i thought it’d be. Needs alot of work though

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqE0jpGF4d3/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14daz8vk72ggr

Rest pause strict axle press
50kg. 3sets of 2 reps, rack then after 15 seconds press again. On last set third rep was hard af and took me ten seconds because it got stuck at my sticking point lol. Also Pr by default since i havent strict pressed this weight before (last year got 50kg for a single) Rest pause was good @danteism

lat pull downs
Ascending weight each set and different grips. 4×8

3×15 facepulls. Good sesh apart from deadlifts

5 Likes

Get your elbows higher when you’ve racked the log and get the middle of the log over the middle of your foot, this will feel like dogshit for a while but you should be able to add some kgs just by fixing form. Well done, 60kg is pretty good for your second go, if 50kg was a PR on the axle.

Do you mean elbows higher once ive gotten it onto my knees, before the hips drive? Or elbows higher once on my upper chest?

can you explain this further? Is it like in a deadlift bar over mid foot

My pr is 65kg ×4 on an axle. Hopefully log press goes up quick once form improves. Thanks!

See here:
images%20(19)

Here the log should also be mid foot as well otherwise it is too far infront for a good press, you lose a bunch of power.

Yeah could feel the power leakage draining the energy out of me. Excited to see where my log press goes.