RIP Steve McNair

Surprised there aren’t more posts on this thread. This is more newsworthy to me than Jacko.

Steve was drafted by the Oilers in the 90s and was a hell of a player for all three teams he played for coming inches short of winning of a Super Bowl.

He was very charitable and played through all sorts of injuries. At times he couldn’t even practice during the week but laced them up for battle on Sunday.

We do know he was married and has 4 boys. That is sad in itself.

Apparently he has been seeing this girl/woman for sometime. She has pictures on her myspace of a vacation, the own a Escalade together, and Steve went to her family’s house to meet her parents.

The night before the murder she was arrested for a DUI driving his (registered to her/him) Escalade and he was in the passenger seat. It was the same cop that arrested McNair for DUI in 2003 but McNair was let go in a cab for not breaking any laws. Sounds like he should have ended it with his wife. Their house was/is on the market.

As you may know he was shot 4 times, in the chest and head twice. She had a single gunshot wound to the head and a pistol was found under her body. Who knows if he was trying to break it off or possibly if the anygry ex boyfriend showed up (I am doubting this).

That seems like a murder suicide to the T to me.

Anyways, he was a great football player and a tough tough guy. Not to mention very charitable. He did have his run-ins with the law but nothing more than DUI and he had a pistol in the car once. This happens all the time.

I hope his boys can recover for this. I also think this lights a new flame under VY’s ass.

I figure she would have been better looking. This also got me to thinking, how many 20 year old girls have pistols?

EDIT: just following up on my posts. He has a license to carry a gun in Nashville. So he proably had it when he got the DUI that got reduced in 03. I don’t think any of the charges actually stuck. That would suck if she killed him with his gun.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
BSC819 wrote:
Therizza wrote:
RIP Steve

Not trying to preach but if you mess around like that it does catch up to you, most of the time not like this though. Regardless I am still a McNair fan forever and am praying for his family right now.

My sentiments exactly…still a fan regardless. The girl that was shot with him worked at a restaurant that him and his family frequented…correct me if I’m wrong.
[/quote]

Fucking around doesn’t deserve death. I believe if you get married you should be faithful…thus why I do not plan on marriage any time soon. However, some of these women are just flat out crazy. Just like others saw him out with other women, it should have been no surprise to anyone involved in that relationship either.

I personally don’t understand why anyone married to someone famous expects their marriage to work.

[quote]nomorewar wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
why do famous people keep dying this week/year

I been getting a weird vibe that mike tyson will be next. I hope I’m wrong and that he lives 100 years but… damn…idk… just his lifestyle and attitude on life. [/quote]

DUDE??? Werent you the one who doomed MJ in the other thread…
Now you are calling out Mike Tyson?!?! Why do you do this?

RIP McNair…

I always liked “Air McNair” he was an exciting player to watch and a class act player. I don’t blame Plaxico for carrying because celebrities are targets. I can’t believe he was shot 6 times, that’s somebody making it personal.

Not that I want to start a gun control debate, but the thing I hate about guns is that you really don’t have much of a chance. At least with knives you have a chance of defending yourself or at least living, provided your assailant doesn’t hit any vital organs.

Peace be with Steve’s family…

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
BSC819 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
BSC819 wrote:
Therizza wrote:
RIP Steve

Not trying to preach but if you mess around like that it does catch up to you, most of the time not like this though. Regardless I am still a McNair fan forever and am praying for his family right now.

My sentiments exactly…still a fan regardless. The girl that was shot with him worked at a restaurant that him and his family frequented…correct me if I’m wrong.

No, actually he had been dating her for several months. he had told her that he was getting a divorce yet no papers were ever filed. Something is really shady about this whole deal. The concensus around Nashville is that her ex boyfriend had something to do with it. And also on his myspace page he had RIP to that girl on there before the police were called about the murder. They are going to give a press confrence this afternoon after the autopsys. Still very sad indeed…

Fishy,indeed. I was reading more about the story and authorities said that the woman indeed worked at Dave & Busters that McNair and his family frequented…it was confirmed by former co-workers and friends.

Authorities are also playing with the idea of murder suicide…a “fatal attraction” situation…considering that he was promising her a divorce,etc. [/quote]

I have a sneaking suspicion that both of them were murdered, she has a really thuggish ex boyfriend that she dated for 4 years that was supposedly wanting to get back together with her.

And everybody that she knows said that she was a really laid back girl that would never hurt anyone. Plus women usually never commit murder suicides, that is typical of a man to do but not a woman. I think in due time it will come out as a double murder and not a murder suicide.

I have a few new thoughts.

How in the world is this chick able to fire 4 shots and hit someone twice in the head and twice in the chest. If she didn’t miss with any shots then she must have used 5 shots.

Which leads me to think that if she did it, she shot him when he was passed out or asleep. The condo was in a bar district and he may have passed out first. Otherwise I don’t see how she shoots with such accuracey. That is also how she got here hands on the gun (if he was pasted out).

There is almost no way she could fire four shots; double tap to the head and chest without him being past out and point blank range. If she was 5 feet away she would not hit that accurate.

The good side of Steve Mac:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/john_lopez/07/05/steve.mcnair/index.html

EDIT: NEW THERORY
So as I listen to the radio I keep hearing new facts, opinions, ideas.

One of my posts said that the girl got a DUI in the Escalade he bought her 2 days ago. They let Steve go in a cab and --the ex-boyfriend of the girl was called to pick up car so it wouldn’t be impounded-- this gave the ex bf access to the keys which included the keys to the condo where they were killed. The house was locked when the police got there so it was either locked from the inside or by key.

I am having a hard time understanding that she fired those shots as I said above unless she did it while he was passed out.

Other thoughts that I don’t by into are his wife hired someone to do it. Also, regarding their marital status…they could have been separated. He may have not been cheating at all even if a divorce was not filed.

[quote]BSC819 wrote:
Plus women usually never commit murder suicides, that is typical of a man to do but not a woman.[/quote]

Wow. That may have been true 50 years ago, but where have you been over the last 2 decades? Hell, in bodybuilding alone we have Ray and Sally McNeil (Sally shot Ray dead and spent years in jail right when he was at his peak in his career).

women are fucking batshit insane, don’t put it past them

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BSC819 wrote:
Plus women usually never commit murder suicides, that is typical of a man to do but not a woman.

Wow. That may have been true 50 years ago, but where have you been over the last 2 decades? Hell, in bodybuilding alone we have Ray and Sally McNeil (Sally shot Ray dead and spent years in jail right when he was at his peak in his career).[/quote]

Anything is possible with the human psyche…power,money,“love”…drugs!..make people act in ways that are unbecoming of them…people should know this by now.

Remember Phil Hartman from Saturday Night Live?? His wife shot and killed him in his sleep…then later committed suicide. He threatened to leave her because of her drug problems.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BSC819 wrote:
Plus women usually never commit murder suicides, that is typical of a man to do but not a woman.

Wow. That may have been true 50 years ago, but where have you been over the last 2 decades? Hell, in bodybuilding alone we have Ray and Sally McNeil (Sally shot Ray dead and spent years in jail right when he was at his peak in his career).[/quote]

Exactly women usually dont commit murder/suicide, just murder typically. Women dont typically commit suicide at all, this is according to the news report from the police on this case. And the shitty part is they get away with it more times than not.

And the story just broke that she bought the gun a few days ago in Nashville. From what some friends said that they saw him with her at a bar in Nashville called Losers and they appeared to be getting along fine the night she got the DUI. This shit is weird as hell, but it is looking more and more like she did do it.

I want to appreciate all the non-crazy ladies in the world, thank you for not being f’d up in the head…please stay that way. All five of you.

[quote]BSC819 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
BSC819 wrote:

Wow. That may have been true 50 years ago, but where have you been over the last 2 decades? Hell, in bodybuilding alone we have Ray and Sally McNeil (Sally shot Ray dead and spent years in jail right when he was at his peak in his career).

Exactly women usually dont commit murder/suicide, just murder typically. Women dont typically commit suicide at all, this is according to the news report from the police on this case. And the shitty part is they get away with it more times than not.[/quote]

Lorena Bobbit should have been locked up for life. If a man cut off his wife’s vag, no jury is going to cut him any slack no matter how many times she kicked him in the head.

[quote]adamhum wrote:
I always liked “Air McNair” he was an exciting player to watch and a class act player. I don’t blame Plaxico for carrying because celebrities are targets. I can’t believe he was shot 6 times, that’s somebody making it personal.

Not that I want to start a gun control debate, but the thing I hate about guns is that you really don’t have much of a chance. At least with knives you have a chance of defending yourself or at least living, provided your assailant doesn’t hit any vital organs.

Peace be with Steve’s family…[/quote]

If everyone had MUSKETS, it would totally be fair. Reloading is a bitch, no one would train for it, and you might as well use a knife (but if you get too close it might be a bit hazardous).

[quote]SSC wrote:
This was very unfortunate. In a league full of Ocho Cinco’s, McNair was a classy player who always took the high groung on an issue. More players would be keen to accept his kind of on-field presence.[/quote]

That nice guy shit sure didn’t pay off when the Titans were trying to show him how much they didn’t want him. Keeping him from working out, and treating him like shit. If I was ocho cinco I don’t know if I would be to motivated to change either.

Again, not that I want to get into a gun control debate, but even with a regular rifle you have a chance.

You really can’t be tough when you have a gun pointed at you. You can say “you point that gun at me, you better be ready to use it” and the other person says “ok”…

It’s like that comedy skit where Eddie Murphy was doing Mike Tyson:

Mike Tyson says: “I am gonna F you in the A$$”…All you can say is “Ok, I am giving you five hours then my a$$ is mine”…

• Adam

[quote]TheBigV wrote:
adamhum wrote:

Peace be with Steve’s family…

If everyone had MUSKETS, it would totally be fair. Reloading is a bitch, no one would train for it, and you might as well use a knife (but if you get too close it might be a bit hazardous).[/quote]

This just sucks.

Ok, I was thinking that it was the thuggish ex bf, but now that crazy bitch did it. I am convinced, she illegally bought the gun after the DUI the night before he was murdered. He must have told her the truth about him not really getting divorced, she flipped the fuck out and shot him and then herself. Its a damn shame because Air McNair is a god to us here in Nashville and will definately be missed. Even if he was cheating, he didnt deserve this. He has done alot of charity for the city of Nashville and we are still honored to say that he was one of us…

And a side note, I hope that girl rots in hell for killing a sleeping man.

Sad. Just never know about people. To think all the hurdles that man overcame to become an NFL quarterback
and then have his life stolen from him. Here’s the latest.