T Nation

RIP: Shelby Walker

RIP Shelbygirl…

yes RIP, but as far as i know she didnt post here… did she?

It’s very sad. My thought are with her family and Dennis Kang. Dennis has some very hard choices to make, and I support whatever he decides to do.

I dont want to argue about these details when someone died.

Spoke to a friend of mine this morning who is friends with and trains with Dennis Kang and was friends with Shelby Walker. Very sad and came as a surprise to everyone.

My friend told me that Dennis is in doing okay given the circumstances and still plans on fighting in the finals of the 183 lb. tournament.

I was rooting for Kang before, but now I am REALLY rooting for him.

RIP Shelby.

[quote]cirque wrote:
sjfou wrote:
RIP Shelbygirl…

Seriously, why would you bring that up on this forum?

Like another poster mentioned, I dont even think that she posted here. And if she did it couldnt have been more than 10 times.

[/quote]

Your ignorance amuses me. i assume you have no idea who she is?

BTW, if the mods have a prob with this thread they can remove it.

I don’t think anyone is a loser because they aren’t aware of the existance of this woman. Personally I don’t have a whole lot of sympathy for her, you may think that’s crass, but she means nothing to me. I doubt very much this was a “big surprise” to anyone around her. If she was wrestling with personal demons I doubt no-one knew.

I know a few people that have gone down that road and it didn’t come as big surprise to anyone. It’s a selfish cop-out. Let’s make her a martyr. There are plenty of people, some listed on this site as inspirational role modles that have things damn hard and they persevered. 20yrs ago here in Toronto they stopped printing a story everytime someone jumped in front of a subway car. The suicide rate by that means dropped practically overnight.

[quote]Checkmate wrote:

[/quote]

Amen to that.

I find it amusing that people have to shit all over these threads, just like the Steve Irwin one. I’m hope they enjoy how hardass they are for not giving a shit when someone dies that other people had a great deal of respect for.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Checkmate wrote:

Amen to that.

I find it amusing that people have to shit all over these threads, just like the Steve Irwin one. I’m hope they enjoy how hardass they are for not giving a shit when someone dies that other people had a great deal of respect for.[/quote]

Well she didn’t give a shit about dying because she took her own life, now didn’t she? So what respect did she have for herself or those that cared about her? I don’t find any part of this amusing.

Steve Irwin didn’t take his own life. Not even close to the same thing. Sure he may have had a dnagerous occupation but he loved life from what I can see.

Post a link; some of us here have no idea who this is. Thanks!

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=8368&more=1

She was very well known in the fight industry, and was engaged to Pride fighter Dennis Kang.

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
Post a link; some of us here have no idea who this is. Thanks![/quote]

http://www.shelbywalker.com/

I didn’t know her personally, but my friend was friends with her and her fiance, Dennis Kang. The lack of respect shown to Shelby by some on this thread is truly disturbing.

How about if you have no interest or care for the subject of this thread you simply ignore it instead of acting like a-holes.

[quote]Checkmate wrote:
I didn’t know her personally, but my friend was friends with her and her fiance, Dennis Kang. The lack of respect shown to Shelby by some on this thread is truly disturbing.

How about if you have no interest or care for the subject of this thread you simply ignore it instead of acting like a-holes.[/quote]

Impossible for some to do.