RIP Sergio

Sad news - The Myth has passed due to kidney failure.

One of the all time greats - would post up victory pose but am on phone.

Just found out few minutes ago… a tear crosed my eyes. Rip to the Myth.

Aw man,… truly, without a doubt one of the greatest physiques ever. Sadly, he really got screwed over back in his Weider/Rise of Arnold days, but left a lasting mark on the sport forever.

For those who don’t follow the competitive side of bodybuilding, his son has been competing and doing pretty well the last few years. Doesn’t have his father’s structure or genetic shape, but still kinda cool.

R.I.P. Myth.

S

Damn. We’re losing some of the good ones.

RIP Sergio!

I was genuinely bummed out when I heard. The guy was a legend and would’ve dominated longer if he didn’t get banned from the IFBB just as Arnold was coming up. No coincidence, but whatever.

He had a phenomenal physique and always seemed to have a huge, happy smile on him in his later days.

Just classic.

Ha.

Shame.

Very sad to read. In my opinion, he had one of the best (if not the best) pre-Arnold physiques.

Sergio Oliva passed away on November 12th, 2012 from apparent liver failure. [5] Oliva’s health problems in later life may have stemmed from use of decca and dianabol.

From wikipedia… witch hunt?

One of the greatest physiques of all time.
RIP Sergio.

An interview with Sergio Oliva Jr.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
I was genuinely bummed out when I heard. The guy was a legend and would’ve dominated longer if he didn’t get banned from the IFBB just as Arnold was coming up. No coincidence, but whatever.

He had a phenomenal physique and always seemed to have a huge, happy smile on him in his later days.[/quote]

Wow; sad to hear about his passing. That was one of my favorite pics of his too, he just looks so frikken cool in that pose for some reason.

Wow! He was the first real freak in bodybuilding. It still doesn’t make sense that Arnold beat him. RIP Sergio…

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Sergio Oliva passed away on November 12th, 2012 from apparent liver failure. [5] Oliva’s health problems in later life may have stemmed from use of decca and dianabol.

From wikipedia… witch hunt?[/quote]

I would call it “blatant stupidity”. He was 71. Most men who don’t use deca or dianabol are dead by then or within that 10 year range.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
Wow! He was the first real freak in bodybuilding. It still doesn’t make sense that Arnold beat him. RIP Sergio…[/quote]

I agree with this. I see Sergio as the foreshadowing of what bodybuilding would become today. He was the first to really have that X-factor. He lacked nothing as far as size goes.

I loved Arnold, he was a fantastic specimen, and he inspired me for years, but he didn’t have those full muscle bellies and freakiness that Sergio had. If Sergio had been as tall as Arnold while maintaining the proportional size, he would have been unbeatable, IMHO.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

From wikipedia… witch hunt?[/quote]

I would call it “blatant stupidity”. He was 71. Most men who don’t use deca or dianabol are dead by then or within that 10 year range.
[/quote]

Yeah, but you know for the layman…