RIP Rocky Johnson

Graced WWF(WWE) rings in the early 80s and was part of the first black tag team to hold the tag team championship.

Probably best known as Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s father

3 Likes

God I feel old … I saw several of his matches as a kid. If I recalled he tagged with Tony Atlas didnt he?

1 Like

Wanted to add. Allot of guys want to be built like Dwayne. In his prime Rocky had the way better physique if you put them on stage.

4 Likes

That’s true for Rock’s physique in his prime wrestling years. But when he returned in 2012-2013, he had a body to kill for

I won’t disagree but look up some pics of Rocky

1 Like

I’m gonna go ahead and agree with @bulldog9899 on this. I was surprised too, but this is the Rock in Baywatch, when he was more geared towards having a body to kill for than ever before

And 30-40 years earlier, without any of the airbrushing, lighting, photoshopping, and billion other cosmetic effects of modern film, here’s his dad:

The rock’s traps look bigger, but his dad’s shoulders, chest, midsection, in terms of shape, size, and thickness, all win. This is subjective, of course, but especially given a straight-on photo from the 80s vs a modern day Baywatch scene, I’m giving this to Rocky. I’d kill for either physique, of course, haha.

2 Likes

rj

1 Like