RIP Robin Williams

Man, this is sad…

Holy shit…

A legend. Far too many say he was nothing but a lonely misanthrope. Be it as it may, he still left an incredible mark on this world.

A fucking legend.

Holy shit x2

Apparent suicide.

That’s tragic.

RIP

I know he was bipolar and was in a constant battle with it. Truly sad, loved his work.

Holy Shit x 3 !

The fisher king is one of my favorite movies of all time. RIP

damn.

I swear, Good Morning Vietnam still cracks me up to this day.

RIP man

7th grade when Mork & Mindy came out. I remember it well.

Did not expect that, wow. It seems like there are more than a couple guys in his line of work who make us laugh and seem so high energy and extroverted, but privately struggle with depression.

I’m going to go listen to Rock DJ now and cry.

WOw,… just wow. So many celebrity deaths, and you read about 'em, say “that’s sad”, and go on with your day. This one really hit me. I remember seeing Awakenings in theaters, and just being floored, that as a young kid, I had never had such emotions stirred by a movie before. Fisher King, Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, Alladin, Popeye… I used to watch Mork and Mindy with my parents when I was really young. He was just one of those constants throughout my life, whether I realized it or not.

Really sad to consider how many demons he may have been fighting in his personal life, all while brining such entertainment and happiness to countless others.

S

[quote]on edge wrote:
7th grade when Mork & Mindy came out. I remember it well.[/quote]

Me too. In fact, he began Mork as an alien character on “Happy Days.” He was so wildly popular, he got his own show.

Fisher King is my fave film of Williams, though his performance in Good Will Hunting was stellar.

Truly incredible loss. Probably 1st celebrity death that has truly taken me back. I’ve watched his movies since I was a little kid. This is terrible news.

R.I.P. to a Legend

Lots of people have been referencing this:

[quote]A man goes to see a doctor. Doctor asks what seems to be the trouble. The man says, “Doc, I’m depressed. Simply, I can’t sleep sometimes, I can’t eat, I feel down and irritable most days. I just can’t feel ‘happy.’”

The Doctor says, “I’ve got the perfect fix for you. In town tonight is the great clown Pagliacci. He’s hysterically funny and will make you laugh til you cry. You will experience a joy unprecedented.”

The man bursts into tears. The doctor, confused asks why. “Doc, I am Pagliacci.”[/quote]

That opera is like 122 years old at this point, but it’s as true as ever. A lot of times the people who laugh the loudest and smile the biggest are just trying to make sure no one else feels as lonely or sad as they do.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Lots of people have been referencing this:

[quote]A man goes to see a doctor. Doctor asks what seems to be the trouble. The man says, “Doc, I’m depressed. Simply, I can’t sleep sometimes, I can’t eat, I feel down and irritable most days. I just can’t feel ‘happy.’”

The Doctor says, “I’ve got the perfect fix for you. In town tonight is the great clown Pagliacci. He’s hysterically funny and will make you laugh til you cry. You will experience a joy unprecedented.”

The man bursts into tears. The doctor, confused asks why. “Doc, I am Pagliacci.”[/quote]

That opera is like 122 years old at this point, but it’s as true as ever. A lot of times the people who laugh the loudest and smile the biggest are just trying to make sure no one else feels as lonely or sad as they do.[/quote]

Good post.