T Nation

RIP Ray Bradbury

I loved his work as a kid and still do.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/06/06/reports-ray-bradbury-dead-at-91/

The martian chronicles are awesome.

RIP

That sucks. Don’t remember if it was a short story or a book, but what was the name of the story where they were on a planet where the sun only came out every like 60 years and the kid gets locked in the closet and misses it? RIP Mr. Bradbury.

Wow. “Fahrenheit 451” was the first book I ever read in its entirety… That was in 10th grade. I went on to get a BA in English because this man opened me up to the world of literature - Truly one of the most influential people in my life. You will be dearly missed Mr. Bradbury.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
That sucks. Don’t remember if it was a short story or a book, but what was the name of the story where they were on a planet where the sun only came out every like 60 years and the kid gets locked in the closet and misses it? RIP Mr. Bradbury.[/quote]

All Summer in a Day

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
That sucks. Don’t remember if it was a short story or a book, but what was the name of the story where they were on a planet where the sun only came out every like 60 years and the kid gets locked in the closet and misses it? RIP Mr. Bradbury.[/quote]

All Summer in a Day[/quote]

Thanks.

I never read Ray Bradbury’s work…I guess I should.

I still rememebr when the Grand Master, Robert A. Heinlein died. Then Asimov…then Clarke. It seems like the greatest science fiction authors are all gone.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I never read Ray Bradbury’s work…I guess I should.

I still rememebr when the Grand Master, Robert A. Heinlein died. Then Asimov…then Clarke. It seems like the greatest science fiction authors are all gone.[/quote]

Although considered a ‘science fiction’ writer by many, Bradbury really shouldn’t be typecast into that category. He’s always been a wildly imaginative fiction writer, and perhaps that imagination is what separated him from his middle-of-the-road fiction contemporaries.

RIP