RIP Mr. Spock

Leonard Nimoy died today, at the age of 83 from COPD. Sad to see this guy go, but it looked like he was sick for awhile.

This guy made nerdism cool.

RIP.

I last saw him on Fringe.

Animated here:

Very, very sad. My brother got to meet him a few years ago at comic con and I was hoping I’d get to someday as well

RIP X 100000!!!

:cry:

RIP Spac. :frowning:

He was also a musician.

RIP Spock!

How big are that dude’s hands?

[quote]twojarslave wrote:
He was also a musician.

RIP Spock![/quote]

Well…He is no Shatner.

[quote]MaazerSmiit wrote:
How big are that dude’s hands?[/quote]

That is a pretty small girl… so his might be average for his size

Nimoy was one of the first celebrities I spotted when I was attending NYU in the 90’s. I was around mid-town, going to pick up some developed camera film (part of my work study gig), and I had to go down some pretty empty side street that no one else was on. Leonard had just opened his new play that he was directing, and I guess had ducked out the side entrance of the theater. We were the only two people on the street, and he kept peering back over his shoulder like he thought I was following him. After quite a few weird stares, and a noticeably picked up walking pace, he hailed a cab as soon as he hit a main street and with one last creepy glance in my direction vanished down Broadway.

His play closed a couple of days later after horrible reviews.

I’ll always love him for being Spock though. He and his wonderful, light hearted self-mocking cameos on various TV shows will be missed.

S

It was sad to hear this news.

I’ve been a Star Trek fan since 1986, but was watching the show before then, so it’s been with me most of my life.

I think why we can feel sad when a celebrity like this dies (at a ripe old age too) is how whenever we thought of the character while watching an old rerun of the show you could at least think that that actor was sitting at home in California, having lunch or something, still enjoying his life. There was a connection between the past and now. Now that connection is kind of broken.
But he’s not really dead, so long as we remember him.

He lived long, and he prospered.

I can’t think of a more fitting epitaph.

Farewell, Leonard.

He gave in to the Vulcan Death Grip.

RIP indeed. My friend Iron Dwarf made this fitting tribute

Imgur

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

http://imgur.com/2BESHHu[/quote]

AKA Bilbo Baggins

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

http://imgur.com/2BESHHu[/quote]

Wonderful illustration. Just captures everything so well.

S

A true icon of pop-culture. He possessed the most expressive eyebrow in show business and a voice that defied Michael Bay’s direction.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
I last saw him on Fringe.

Animated here:
Fringe 3x19 Leonard Nimoy is back - YouTube [/quote]

It looks like the animation and the ‘soul magnets’ sub-plot were due to his ailing health.