RIP, Dr Skeptix

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
He diagnosed himself on the 4th of July.
[/quote]

Can’t get a more badass eulogy than that.

Doc flowers

His garden

[quote]pushharder wrote:
He was my best friend.[/quote]

Sorry brother. RIP

Heard this song today, thought of you guys.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

I am so sorry.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

My condolences to you Push. It truly does suck to lose a close friend, especially around the Holidays. I can relate.

I’ve been lurking since the days when Rainjack threw rocks at Vroom while he was sitting under the “Thinking Tree”; but this is one of the few times that i think my comments would add to the conversation. Doc is one that will truly be missed, and my condolences go out to his friends.

I’m crushed. Man, I will deeply miss his contributions to this site. He was one of the smartest posters and I always dug his insight. R.I.P. Miss ya, Doc.

Oh man. I don’t know what to say, except that I am floored. And very very sad. Doc was a good man, despite–or perhaps because of–not ever acknowledging it when I placed the label on him. From taking patients costs upon himself to conversations in our politics corner here. It comes across in pretty much every interaction he partakes in, and especially in an environment and mode of communication that engenders very, very impolite conversation (the internet has done more to eliminate polite discourse than almost anything I can think, but not to Doc).

He’s the rare kind of person that oozes knowledge–the kind of person whose intelligence one can see permeate anything he says, because of HOW he says it. Varq has said almost everything I can think of saying, I’m really shocked at this bitter news and I sadly can’t put my thoughts together very well. He was a man from whom I learned something very nearly every time he opened his mouth, not to mention he always spoke with aplomb on courtesy.

I will miss him sorely. Godspeed and God bless you sir.

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho’ from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crost the bar.

Aldfred, Lord Tennyson

Good post, Aragorn.

Sorry to hear this, and for all your losses.
Always thought he was unusually sharp as observed in both the broadness and depth of his knowledge that he shared in his posts.

RIP Doc,

As SM stated whenever i saw his post i would read it, he would educated me, enlighten me and entertain me.

Regards to Doc, family and friends.

Sad news. He was definitely one of the smartest people here.

RIP doc. Alav Hashalom

My condolences. Many mourners indicate a life well spent.

Dr Skeptix, Lebwohl.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

True friends and people who are genuine and kind are very rare these days, Push.

I am sorry for your loss…and for that of Docs family, friends…and all the peoples Lives he seems to have touched…

Mufasa

I am sorry to hear about the passing of the good doctor. I must admit I did not interact with him on here, but it is clear from the mans posts that he was a very smart and civil person.