T Nation

RIP Diego Corrales

I just heard yesterday that one of my favorite fighter, Diego Corrales, died recently in a motorcycle accident. In a strange coincidence, I had just mentioned him the day before in the DLH-Mayweather thread.

This guy was a true warrior and his fight with Castillo will go down as one of the most exciting fights ever. He will surely be missed by boxing fans everywhere and my thoughts go out to his friends and family.

For those of you who never saw his first fight with Castillo I’m linking a youtube video, I hope the link works.

Yeah, he was quite a fighter. Did quite a number on his pregnant wife, too.

Let’s not lionize a wifebeater, ok?

[quote]TJN713 wrote:
Yeah, he was quite a fighter. Did quite a number on his pregnant wife, too.

Let’s not lionize a wifebeater, ok?[/quote]

I was not aware that he was a wife beater. All I was saying was that he was an exiciting fighter and boxing fans will miss him.

A damn shame. Fantastic fighter, I’ll never forget his first fight with Castillo. Pure magic in the ring that night.

He had his moments in the ring. I’m not going to say he was a great fighter, but he had talent, that’s for sure. The fight against Castillo was great, though.

I hate to sound callous, but what happened to him he brought upon himself and i’m glad he didn’t take anyone else with him when he went.