RIP Charles Poliquin

https://m.facebook.com/strengthsensei/posts/2174369819444395

One of the best strength coaches around, imo. Condolences to his family. It’s a sad day for the strength community

4 Likes

Whoah! :frowning:

S

1 Like

WHAT? RIP… :frowning_face:

Damn

That’s crazy.

Unbelievable.

He is, was, and will remain a legend in the field. Nevermind the fact that he was with T Nation from the beginning back in '98.

7 Likes

I actually stumbled upon T-mag in 1998 when I searched his name on one of the old search engines. I think it was dogpile.com.

Damn.

What the fuck? Gone too soon.

Damn

Holy fuck!

Holy shit!

Unbelievable and shocking alright. I learned so much from him. Meat and nuts breakfast forever.

1 Like

Giant of the industry for sure. He may have said some… interesting things, but if he was the only person you took advice from you’d be in good hands.

He may be one of the most influential in the industry, period.

4 Likes

Can you think of anyone more so?

He’s a real loss to the world.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that Charles Poliquin has died aged 57. I’ve read most of his work through the years and just only watched a recent interview… He had some off the wall information like the avocado thing in the Dominican Republic etc. But it’s guys like him that push the envelope and are the most interesting! Anyway its sad to hear the man has died at such an early age. Such an innovator and popular contributor to this site was back in the day… He’ll be missed in the strength and fitness world…

1 Like

Every time I think of rep cadence or TUT I think of Charles. Every time I see fish oil capsules or ripe avocados he pops into my head lol. I hear young fellas talking about German Volume Training and little do they know who popularised the method. The list goes on… He was truly ahead of his time! Sad day!

2 Likes

One of my original mentors. I was lucky enough to attend biosig and a few other seminars with him throughout my career. A valuable mind hasn’t been lost today. Let’s all remember to pay homage to the people who paved the way for us.

2 Likes

T Nation just put up a tribute written by TC:

1 Like

Fred Hatfield, maybe.

(Sorry, just realized that was probably rhetorical. When Dr. Squat passed away last year, it seemed to go very much less noticed. But it’s not a competition, obviously.)