RIP Arturo Gatti

when i found out i wanted to vomit… Growing up in Atlantic city i was fortunate to see gatti fight on more than one occation and even got to meet him and talk to him for a short time. What an awesome guy. The definition of a warrior. He didnt deserve to go like this!

Gatti may not have been an elite boxer, but he was one hell of a fighter.

dude had heart

lool brock lesnar gets 2 threads with 200+ and 120+ posts each, while this thread is still on the first page. Sad, just goes to show boxing is dying. 90% of people on this site probably don’t even know who gatti is.

[quote]O Doyle_Rulez wrote:
lool brock lesnar gets 2 threads with 200+ and 120+ posts each, while this thread is still on the first page. Sad, just goes to show boxing is dying. 90% of people on this site probably don’t even know who gatti is.[/quote]

Boxing isn’t dying. It’s just a gimmick believe me. The UFC won’t make it to 200 and if it does very few will be watching.

[quote]O Doyle_Rulez wrote:
lool brock lesnar gets 2 threads with 200+ and 120+ posts each, while this thread is still on the first page. Sad, just goes to show boxing is dying. 90% of people on this site probably don’t even know who gatti is.[/quote]

Boxing is far from dying. People have been saying that since the 1930s, and it’s still around. It needs a big, charismatic American heavyweight, and you’ll see it right back to where it should be.

And eventually, minorities will take over the UFC as well and the white folks will stop watching in droves. Then UFC and boxing will be equaled out again.

BULLSHIT IS WHAT I SMELL! BULLFUCKING SHIT! I’m pissed. Brazil is a LAWLESS COUNTRY.
Gatti’s family I’m sure will look into this to find out what is the real deal.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535623,00.html

[quote]fightnews10 wrote:
O Doyle_Rulez wrote:
lool brock lesnar gets 2 threads with 200+ and 120+ posts each, while this thread is still on the first page. Sad, just goes to show boxing is dying. 90% of people on this site probably don’t even know who gatti is.

Boxing isn’t dying. It’s just a gimmick believe me. The UFC won’t make it to 200 and if it does very few will be watching.[/quote]

Are you kidding me!? Whatever.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
WOW, my family is in complete shock over this! While in training for many of his fights Arturo & his trainer Teddy lived accross the street from us in Vero Bch, Fl. Awesome guys, we would go over to where they trained and what a sight that was to see! Such a nice guy and cannot believe this, just terrible. Looks like his wife ( they’ve had their probs ) is the #1 suspect so far. Crazy…and I’m been dating a brazilian for 2 yrs now and was married to a south american before her, Bogota, Columbia hotty…and from what I’ve been around and seen is they have the most God aweful tempers. This must be a sign from above for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a fav pic of mine. Left to right, manager, forget his name, my dad, Arturo and myself. Around 2003 I believe.

Sad sad news. RIP Arturo, you are a champions champion and will be missed.

His fist and forearm looks insane next to yours.

[/quote]

I think it’s the angle, but yah, he has some meaty forearms near the elbow.

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
BULLSHIT IS WHAT I SMELL! BULLFUCKING SHIT! I’m pissed. Brazil is a LAWLESS COUNTRY.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535623,00.html[/quote]

I absolutely agree. Someone has been paid off.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535623,00.html

I absolutely agree. Someone has been paid off. [/quote]

The truth will come out on this!

pretty shitty…I wonder how this one went down

My dad will hopefully see Buddy McGirt this Sat. or maybe today if he has time. I’ll report with any info, things he says about Gatti, Forrest.

This is what i don’t get. First they find his body. They aren’t sure how he died.
Then they said he was really drunk and the wife choked him to death with a purse strap.

Now it is,
““The victim … committed suicide by hanging,” Lima’s ruling read, referring to the findings of a police investigation.”
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2009/07/30/gatti-death-suicide.html

How can you confuse the two?
Something is really off.

Yeah I heard this on the news last night as well. Something definately stinks…

If it looks like $hit, and it smells like $hit, it’s probably $hit…

He’s definately not the type to hang himself, so I highly doubt that…

He’s also not the type of person to be man-handled by a 110lbs woman, so I don’t buy that one either…

Personally, I think the wife was involved in some way/shape/form in this (perhaps as a lure), but I think more than one guy had to do the dirty work…

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
This is what i don’t get. First they find his body. They aren’t sure how he died.
Then they said he was really drunk and the wife choked him to death with a purse strap.

Now it is,
““The victim … committed suicide by hanging,” Lima’s ruling read, referring to the findings of a police investigation.”
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2009/07/30/gatti-death-suicide.html

How can you confuse the two?
Something is really off.[/quote]

Right! And what about the hole in the back of his head, also when this first came out there was also a knife found next to his body. Cover, buyout, something. INSANE!

[quote]Smallfry69 wrote:

He’s also not the type of person to be man-handled by a 110lbs woman, so I don’t buy that one either…

Personally, I think the wife was involved in some way/shape/form in this (perhaps as a lure), but I think more than one guy had to do the dirty work…[/quote]

He was not a big guy by any means. Arturo was very drunk, she could have drugged him and do whatever she wanted to him.

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
Smallfry69 wrote:

Personally, I think the wife was involved in some way/shape/form in this (perhaps as a lure), but I think more than one guy had to do the dirty work…

He was not a big guy by any means. Arturo was very drunk, she could have drugged him and do whatever she wanted to him.

[/quote]

At this point, I wouldn’t put anything past this. But I do think that it was the wife.

When you’re drunk, it don’t take much to KO you… even if you’re Arturo.

God this sucks.

maybe his wife will fall down an elevator shaft or something, you know? onto some bullets or something.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
maybe his wife will fall down an elevator shaft or something, you know? onto some bullets or something.[/quote]

LOL