Ringing In My Ears...

Get it checked. It’s also an early warning sign for an acoustic nueroma which is tumor that presses on your auditory nerve.

It probably isn’t, but if it is you are better off catching it early.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
horny yoda wrote:
ZEB wrote:
harris447 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
You had to know at some point that pounding a drum would not be good for your ears. My suggestion is to stop playing the drums and avoid loud music.

You probably won’t do that huh?

Fucktard.

Now you probably wouldn’t say that to my face would you? No, anonymous Internet cowards usually won’t.

you don’t think you were being a “fucktard”?

i kind of thought you were being a fucktard.

to then reply with “say it to my face!” makes you even more “fucktardish”.

i thought that was a pretty stupid response…heck…as far back as 3rd grade.

“say it to my face!” “you’re a coward!” “don’t call me fucktard, 'cause, it matters to me!”

That means you missed the point entirely. That does happen on occasion. Point being that people are far more likely to use terms like “fucktard” when they have the Internet to hide behind. If we had a disagreement in a personal conversation it would probably not be stated like that. That is if the person was over 19 or 20 years old.

People are also far less likely to say fucktardish things. Such as telling a drummer to stop playing the drums.

Res Ipsa Loquitor: the fucktard speaks for itself.

[/quote]

Yes, Res Ipsa loquitur “The facts speak for themselves”. Next time you might want to spell it correctly my little friend! Thanks for the chuckle…

Also, it seems that the correct use of the quote function has also escaped you.

I also do a lot of djing and hence my ears suffer - i wear custom made earplugs from audiology (on harliegh street in central london so if anyone needs the number…)

werent cheap at 120 odd quid. i dont usually wear em when I’m actaully djing, but i do wehenver im out in a club / loud environment etc. might start to wear em when I’m playing as well, need to give that a try really.

unfortunately i have damaged hearin in my right ear due to a car accident, and have permanent tinnitus in that ear, fucking shit. its worth gettin involved wit teh earplugs for real…

Get a set of earplugs

Try this:

http://www.earinc.com/p2-specialty-musician.php

They are custom molded and acoustically neutral - that means music sounds exactly the same with them as without - just quieter.

I play guitar with them and they’re great. They’re also, incidentally, good for listening to your MP3 player on a plane.

RB