http://www.panackove.cz/data/_subpct/handicap.mpg

Lame.

Was that translated from German?

german ssatire at its best!?

[quote]hspder wrote:
Biggest laugh I’ve had in a long time:

http://www.panackove.cz/data/_subpct/handicap.mpg

[/quote]

If that’s the biggest laugh you’ve had in a long time, then I really feel sorry for you. That video was just plain stupid. Perhaps we should make a video similar to this one that shows how hard life can be for people who can’t tell the difference between funny and stupid.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Was that translated from German?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]hspder wrote:
BostonBarrister wrote:
Was that translated from German?

Yes. [/quote]

Yes, its from Germany…
But do not underestimate the humor of german satire because of that spot :wink:

[quote]bigrondog wrote:
If that’s the biggest laugh you’ve had in a long time, then I really feel sorry for you. That video was just plain stupid. Perhaps we should make a video similar to this one that shows how hard life can be for people who can’t tell the difference between funny and stupid.[/quote]

How about one that shows how hard life can be for people that are simply ignorant?

"
What Satire is

Satire is a literary technique of writing or art which principally ridicules its subject (individuals, organizations, states) often as an intended means of provoking or preventing change. In Celtic societies, it was thought a bard’s satire could have physical effects, similar to a curse. A satirist is one who satirizes.

Satire is not exclusive to any viewpoint. Parody is a form of humor that imitates another work of art in an exaggerated fashion for comic effect, usually deriding the subject of the parody in the process. Although the techniques of satire and parody often overlap, they are not synonymous. Satires need not be humorous - indeed, they are often tragic - while parodies are almost inevitably humorous. Parodies are imitative by definition, while satires need not be. Humorous satires often base the humor on the juxtaposition between the satire and reality. The main intent of satire is political, social, or moral and not comic. The humor of such a satire tends to be subtle, using irony and deadpan humor liberally.
"

you guys are silly. that was funny.

It had its moments – I just wanted to know if it was translated (which I would have known had I watched all the way to the end…).

I actually thought the guy’s arm falling off in the elevator was pretty funny.

Funny.

JMB

Pretty good. Here’s another one put out before the election that still really cracks me up.

http://www.liegirls.com/

By the way, if you enjoy (and can take and understand, without taking offence) Satire and Parody, this site is a source of non-stop entertainment:

Satire is more funny when it is unpredictable.

This stuff is pretty hackneyed and unoriginal. So many pretenders to the Onion’s throne.

Hspder,

I want the tax money that pays for your salary and Internet access back. I’ll PM you my address for the check.

Thank you.

[quote]Cream wrote:
I want the tax money that pays for your salary and Internet access back. I’ll PM you my address for the check.[/quote]

I’m sorry to inform you that I work for a private university (Stanford), hence no tax money pays for my salary or Internet access… :frowning:

There’s still hope, though. Apply for a Stanford MBA, get in, and I promise that if you don’t like my courses I’ll personally refund you every cent of tuition you pay to attend them… :slight_smile:

[quote]hspder wrote:
Cream wrote:
I want the tax money that pays for your salary and Internet access back. I’ll PM you my address for the check.

I’m sorry to inform you that I work for a private university (Stanford), hence no tax money pays for my salary or Internet access… :frowning:

There’s still hope, though. Apply for a Stanford MBA, get in, and I promise that if you don’t like my courses I’ll personally refund you every cent of tuition you pay to attend them… :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Well. That’s a relief.

However, I own two successful businesses. I would not be a good fit for an MBA, either as a student or particularly as a professor.