T Nation

Right Wing Nabbed W/ Bombs

This “Christian” student from Falwell’s school planned to use home made bombs against protestors at Jerry Falwell’s funeral (detergent and petroleum, that is the recipe for napalm, correct?)

How come the Liberal Media isn’t calling this guy a terrorist… he actually had bombs with him and was planning to use them. Compare him to the dorks in New Jersey who couldn’t even successfully get a DVD burned, and who seems more dangerous?

And this idiot provides the perfect final context for Jerry Falwell, someone who used the pulpit to advocate hatred, racism and bigotry.

Just a few weeks ago a Right Winger was busted for placing a bomb outside an abortion clinic. You’d think if the media was so darn Liberal, they would correctly call these violent fanatics “terrorists”. You’d think the Liberal Media would be all over these stories like white on rice. But because they are right wingers, they seem to get a pass. For example I bet hardly anybody here has even seen this story until now:

[quote]A 27-year-old Austin man was arrested on Friday and charged with placing an unexploded bomb containing some 2,000 nails outside an abortion clinic in the state’s capital.

More than 40 abortion clinic bombings have occurred since 1977, with the last reported in 2001.[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070428/us_nm/texas_abortion_bomb_dc_1

I’m confused. Did the media in any way justify his actions? What exactly are you upset with them about?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I’m confused. Did the media in any way justify his actions? What exactly are you upset with them about?[/quote]

Because only Muslim terrorism is news. Muslim plots that are nothing more than wishful thinking get blown out of proportion and make news for weeks – if not outright fabricated.

Just more proof of a specific agenda…

The terrorist you’ve never heard of
On Nov. 28 – six days before the Times ran its photos of Padilla – Demetrius “Van” Crocker was sentenced to 30 years in prison. David Kustoff, the United States Attorney for the Western District of Tennessee, where Crocker was prosecuted, tells Salon that “It was one of the preeminent anti-terrorism cases of 2006 nationwide.”
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2006/12/18/tennessee_terrorist/print.html

When this happened I was dumbfounded – never a SINGLE mention on TV.

Two missing after Eta bomb hits Madrid airport car park
31 December 2006
A powerful car bomb planted by Eta Basque separatists yesterday devastated a five-storey car park at Madrid’s Barajas airport, leaving at least 26 people wounded and two missing.
http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2114491.ece

Terror’s Trivial When It’s Not Muslims
Madrid Airport bombing receives scant attention
http://prisonplanet.com/articles/january2007/040107terrortrivial.htm

That was no little bomb.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I’m confused. Did the media in any way justify his actions? What exactly are you upset with them about?[/quote]

He is upset because they may have actually reported this story accurately.

He made some incendiary devices that would burn but not detonate.

Brad wants the media to portray this guy as a someone that was trying to murder people when apparently he was not.

Meanwhile in Iraq terrorists are murdering people in marketplaces and JustThefacts is fine with it because those terrorists also happen to hate Israel.

Very strange.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I’m confused. Did the media in any way justify his actions? What exactly are you upset with them about?

He is upset because they may have actually reported this story accurately.

He made some incendiary devices that would burn but not detonate.

Brad wants the media to portray this guy as a someone that was trying to murder people when apparently he was not.

Meanwhile in Iraq terrorists are murdering people in marketplaces and JustThefacts is fine with it because those terrorists also happen to hate Israel.

Very strange.[/quote]

A very quick way to admit “Hey, I’m an idiot!” is to use strawman fallacies in your arguments.

A strawman is when you say something YOU KNOW IS UNTRUE about someone else (or their argument) so you can defeat this false accusation, all the while ignoring the actual content of their argument.

“This person is OK with people getting murdered in marketplaces”

Look, Zap, just stop being dumb ok? Throwing an accusation like “You’re ok with murder!” is a poor attempt at stalling any ACTUAL debate.

I’ll spell it out for you real simple: No. He does not think its ok for people to murder other people.

Duh.

Hello, bradley.

Quick question: What is a Right Winger?

Does Christian = Right Winger?

Are there democratic Christians?

Do all democrats support abortion?

Just curious as you seem to be stating these people were evil, Republican terrorists.

Thanks in advance,

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Hello, bradley.

Quick question: What is a Right Winger?
[/quote]

Hard to tell. Compared to the rest of the world, everyone in the US’ political spectrum is a right winger. That is, one who’s more conservatist than progressist.

There’s no real definition for Left or Right. It’s a ductile term that’s used to give a “feel” and is in no way binding.

What’s certain is that religion and savage capitalism are always associated with the extreme Right while the extrem Left gets the Marxist label.

[quote]lixy wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Hello, bradley.

Quick question: What is a Right Winger?

Hard to tell. Compared to the rest of the world, everyone in the US’ political spectrum is a right winger. That is, one who’s more conservatist than progressist.[/quote]

Progressist? Compare and contrast “progressist” from “savage capitalist,” please. Or, am I mixing up your post with terms you didn’t mean to link? Because I thought they linked quite well - talking of right wings and extreme right, that is.

By the way, nice way to color your slant with adjectives meant to sway the reader. Do you do public speaking engagements? I’ve heard some other brilliant orators use hyperbole to get their mobs to killing frenzy.

[quote]There’s no real definition for Left or Right. It’s a ductile term that’s used to give a “feel” and is in no way binding.

What’s certain is that religion and savage capitalism are always associated with the extreme Right while the extrem Left gets the Marxist label.[/quote]

[quote]lixy wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Hello, bradley.

Quick question: What is a Right Winger?

Hard to tell. Compared to the rest of the world, everyone in the US’ political spectrum is a right winger. That is, one who’s more conservatist than progressist.

There’s no real definition for Left or Right. It’s a ductile term that’s used to give a “feel” and is in no way binding.

What’s certain is that religion and savage capitalism are always associated with the extreme Right while the extrem Left gets the Marxist label.[/quote]

Pretty fair post.

Those are certainly widely held perceptions.

JeffR

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I’m confused. Did the media in any way justify his actions? What exactly are you upset with them about?

He is upset because they may have actually reported this story accurately.

He made some incendiary devices that would burn but not detonate.

Brad wants the media to portray this guy as a someone that was trying to murder people when apparently he was not.

Meanwhile in Iraq terrorists are murdering people in marketplaces and JustThefacts is fine with it because those terrorists also happen to hate Israel.

Very strange.

A very quick way to admit “Hey, I’m an idiot!” is to use strawman fallacies in your arguments.

A strawman is when you say something YOU KNOW IS UNTRUE about someone else (or their argument) so you can defeat this false accusation, all the while ignoring the actual content of their argument.

“This person is OK with people getting murdered in marketplaces”

Look, Zap, just stop being dumb ok? Throwing an accusation like “You’re ok with murder!” is a poor attempt at stalling any ACTUAL debate.

I’ll spell it out for you real simple: No. He does not think its ok for people to murder other people.

Duh.

[/quote]

If you want to ally yourself our resident hater and neo-nazi go right ahead. It makes you look more foolish than usual.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I’m confused. Did the media in any way justify his actions? What exactly are you upset with them about?

He is upset because they may have actually reported this story accurately.

He made some incendiary devices that would burn but not detonate.

Brad wants the media to portray this guy as a someone that was trying to murder people when apparently he was not.

Meanwhile in Iraq terrorists are murdering people in marketplaces and JustThefacts is fine with it because those terrorists also happen to hate Israel.

Very strange.

A very quick way to admit “Hey, I’m an idiot!” is to use strawman fallacies in your arguments.

A strawman is when you say something YOU KNOW IS UNTRUE about someone else (or their argument) so you can defeat this false accusation, all the while ignoring the actual content of their argument.

“This person is OK with people getting murdered in marketplaces”

Look, Zap, just stop being dumb ok? Throwing an accusation like “You’re ok with murder!” is a poor attempt at stalling any ACTUAL debate.

I’ll spell it out for you real simple: No. He does not think its ok for people to murder other people.

Duh.
[/quote]

A “Strawman” is when somebody attacks a less defensible position than the one being put forth. It is not saying something that is knowingly untrue about somebody else.

In this case his comments on JTF happen to be true, according to JTF, americans are terrorists and it’s ok for the insurgency in Iraq to kill them. He repeats the sentiment quite often as well as his utter disdain for all things Jewish.
The proof is in his posts, just go look though them for a while.

He is a conspiracy theory nut. I don’t think he knows what the truth is anymore, really. Garbage in garbage out.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
In this case his comments on JTF happen to be true, according to JTF, americans are terrorists and it’s ok for the insurgency in Iraq to kill them. He repeats the sentiment quite often as well as his utter disdain for all things Jewish.
The proof is in his posts, just go look though them for a while.

He is a conspiracy theory nut. I don’t think he knows what the truth is anymore, really. Garbage in garbage out.
[/quote]

And yet I don’t stoop to your level with personal attacks.

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:
pat36 wrote:
In this case his comments on JTF happen to be true, according to JTF, americans are terrorists and it’s ok for the insurgency in Iraq to kill them. He repeats the sentiment quite often as well as his utter disdain for all things Jewish.
The proof is in his posts, just go look though them for a while.

He is a conspiracy theory nut. I don’t think he knows what the truth is anymore, really. Garbage in garbage out.

And yet I don’t stoop to your level with personal attacks.[/quote]

No, you are much lower. In the holocaust thread you are trying to deny it and blame the jews for it in the same post. Quite remarkable.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I’m confused. Did the media in any way justify his actions? What exactly are you upset with them about?

He is upset because they may have actually reported this story accurately.

He made some incendiary devices that would burn but not detonate.

Brad wants the media to portray this guy as a someone that was trying to murder people when apparently he was not.

Meanwhile in Iraq terrorists are murdering people in marketplaces and JustThefacts is fine with it because those terrorists also happen to hate Israel.

Very strange.

A very quick way to admit “Hey, I’m an idiot!” is to use strawman fallacies in your arguments.

A strawman is when you say something YOU KNOW IS UNTRUE about someone else (or their argument) so you can defeat this false accusation, all the while ignoring the actual content of their argument.

“This person is OK with people getting murdered in marketplaces”

Look, Zap, just stop being dumb ok? Throwing an accusation like “You’re ok with murder!” is a poor attempt at stalling any ACTUAL debate.

I’ll spell it out for you real simple: No. He does not think its ok for people to murder other people.

Duh.

A “Strawman” is when somebody attacks a less defensible position than the one being put forth. It is not saying something that is knowingly untrue about somebody else.

In this case his comments on JTF happen to be true, according to JTF, americans are terrorists and it’s ok for the insurgency in Iraq to kill them. He repeats the sentiment quite often as well as his utter disdain for all things Jewish.
The proof is in his posts, just go look though them for a while.

He is a conspiracy theory nut. I don’t think he knows what the truth is anymore, really. Garbage in garbage out.

[/quote]

If China, Russia, Korea, Brazil, Africa, and Iran joined forces and invaded America, would you kill soldiers of the invading forces?

Please, just a simple yes or no.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

If China, Russia, Korea, Brazil, Africa, and Iran joined forces and invaded America, would you kill soldiers of the invading forces?

Please, just a simple yes or no.[/quote]

If it was to overthrow a murderous dictator that used WMD on the American people, my first instinct would be to cooperate with them, especially if they were helping to set up a democratically elected government.

Would you start murdering their soldiers just because they are foreign and blow up civilians just to make a point?

Don’t you realize how racist and xenophobic you appear by trying this argument?

Here’s this loser’s Myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=52589827

“Soldier Of Christ” as he puts it.

If he was a Muslim this would be front page news. Instead we have douchebags (Zap) saying that “it wasn’t so bad” because it was only just napalm, and that’s not really a bomb.

Again, this kid had a trunk full of working incendiary devices, on site and ready to use. Nobody blinks because he’s white and he’s a Christian. In New Jersey you have six Muslim douchebags who can’t even burn a DVD suceessfully, and that is front page news.

My point is that violent religious assholes come in many flavors, and shouldn’t get a pass simply for believing in Jesus.

To Jeffy: Try Wikipedia or a regular Encyclopedia.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
Here’s this loser’s Myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=52589827

“Soldier Of Christ” as he puts it.

If he was a Muslim this would be front page news. Instead we have douchebags (Zap) saying that “it wasn’t so bad” because it was only just napalm, and that’s not really a bomb.
…[/quote]

Taken from the article you posted. Douchebag.

[quote]kroby wrote:
By the way, nice way to color your slant with adjectives meant to sway the reader. Do you do public speaking engagements? [/quote]

I’ll take that as a compliment.

Look around; big dogs are getting all the meat while the little ones aren’t even allowed access to the bones. You might not like my depiction of the status quo as “savage capitalism”, but most people will probably agree that it’s gotten out of hand.

As applied to US politics, you can’t refute the fact that Right is used to describe conservatives while Left is used to refer to people who want to push change. The latter are called progressists. I didn’t make up the word progressionist/progressist. Don’t blame me if you find some romantic tone to it.

I don’t like the thought of being associated to Bush.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

If China, Russia, Korea, Brazil, Africa, and Iran joined forces and invaded America, would you kill soldiers of the invading forces?

Please, just a simple yes or no.

If it was to overthrow a murderous dictator that used WMD on the American people, my first instinct would be to cooperate with them, especially if they were helping to set up a democratically elected government.

Would you start murdering their soldiers just because they are foreign and blow up civilians just to make a point?

Don’t you realize how racist and xenophobic you appear by trying this argument?[/quote]

I’m neither racist nor xenophobic. I have no need to defend myself on such accusations since we both know they’re false.

Secondly, I asked for a simple yes or no. But I’ll address your reply anyway…

So you’re saying that you may or may not resist an invading/occupying force based on how you feel about your current government vs the proposed government the invaders wish to change the country to.

You’re saying that since Iraq was ruled by a murderous dictator (a point I’m not arguing against) who killed many of his own people, and America took him out of power, the Iraqi citizens should cooperate with American forces. Understandable.

However, you refuse to take into account the number of civilian deaths at the hands of the invading forces.

Would you still cooperate with the invaders if they accidently killed your family?

If you did resist the invading forces, would this be proof that you had plans to attack any of the invading countries?

Here is the other thing that bothers me about the whole “We need to be in Iraq because if we leave the terrorists will get us!” idea…

Look at the story of the guys who were going to go shoot up Fort Dix. They were here in America, and could have commited an act of terrorism against Americans.

However, a person in Iraq… cannot. They’re all the way over in Iraq.

So lets imagine the right wingers are right and there are plenty of would-be terrorists in Iraq. Comparing a terrorist in Iraq against a terrorist here in America… which one would be able to kill more American civilians?

And if terrorists here in America are more of a problem (since they could actually, ya know, get to Americans), why are American forces not walking the streets of America, breaking down doors in the middle of the night, and racking up civilian casualites here in America?

Wouldn’t hunting down terrorists here (the ones who actually have a chance of killing American citizens) do more to protect us?