T Nation

Right Side > Left Side

Hey dudes! This is my first post on here, and don’t know much about this place, but I have heard a lot of good reviews…so here I am.

Anyway, for the past two years, I have been working out on and off, and I really love it. Matter of fact, coming to the gym is the best part of my day. But I seem to be really disorganized, and unfocused (I have HORRIBLE ADD).

But right now, my main problem is , I work my right side harder than my left. Today, I was doing rows, and noticed with my left hand, the dumbell was hitting the center of my chest, and when I switched hands to my right side, the dumbell was hitting the outside of my peck.

Also today, I walked away from the lat-pull down, and my right side was sorer than my left. But I don’t get it, because I have great form, the bar stays complete parallel to the ground. I also feel when I flex my arms, I have a lot more pump in my right than my left.

I find this problem very discouraging. I am sure there about 100 of you guys that have had this problem and gotten over it.

Anyone know how to cure me?

Thanks,
Dylan

My head hurts. The ADD is strong in this one.

The Side A > Side B problem comes up a lot. I may even have asked a question about why my left side is stronger than my right once or twice…

The differences are minimal and should not be worried about. Usual advice is to start using dumbbells and not just barbells in your pressing movements.

Lat-Pull Down Problem - Try Pullups instead. You can’t really favour one side easily with pullups.

I wonder how long it will be before people start asking about why one of their testicles is bigger than the other one?

[quote]Spry wrote:

I wonder how long it will be before people start asking about why one of their testicles is bigger than the other one?

[/quote]

thats called cancer :wink:

[quote]Spry wrote:

[/quote]

That was my next question :frowning:

I do do pullups, but I thought they worked different muscles?

[quote]Dylan5 wrote:
Spry wrote:

I do do pullups, but I thought they worked different muscles? [/quote]

no, lat pulldowns and pullups work the same muscles if you do them w/ your hands facing away from you, it lat dominant, and with them toward you, they’re bicep dominant.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Spry wrote:

[/quote]

LMAO! Testicles are not symmetrical.

Dylan5 wrote:
Spry wrote:

no, lat pulldowns and pullups work the same muscles if you do them w/ your hands facing away from you, it lat dominant, and with them toward you, they’re bicep dominant.[/quote]

So basically lat pull down is for pussies that don’t do pull-ups?

I’m so ashamed :frowning:

[quote]Dylan5 wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
Dylan5 wrote:
Spry wrote:

no, lat pulldowns and pullups work the same muscles if you do them w/ your hands facing away from you, it lat dominant, and with them toward you, they’re bicep dominant.

So basically lat pull down is for pussies that don’t do pull-ups?

I’m so ashamed :([/quote]

i never sai that i just basically said they work the same muscles. I do lat pulldowns all the time and im deffianately not a pussy.

[quote]Spry wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
Spry wrote:

LMAO! Testicles are not symmetrical.[/quote]

IDK about everyone else but, mine deffinately are.

If they were EXACTELY symmetrical they’d keep bouncing into each other as you walked/ran and would be painful.

They tend to HANG slightly differently.

I’m a little afraid to start some google searches on this topic to show you as I’m at work.

[quote]Spry wrote:
If they were EXACTELY symmetrical they’d keep bouncing into each other as you walked/ran and would be painful.

I’m a little afraid to start some google searches on this topic to show you as I’m at work.[/quote]

that’s not what im saying, yes one of my testes hangs lowere than the other. Im saying they’re both the same size and shape. Maybe i used the word 'symetrical" out of place. I meant same size and shape lol

Spry wrote:

I’m a little afraid to start some google searches on this topic to show you as I’m at work.

that’s not what im saying, yes one of my testes hangs lowere than the other. Im saying they’re both the same size and shape. Maybe i used the word 'symetrical" out of place. I meant same size and shape lol[/quote]

Lol, symmetrical means that their volume, surface area, and mass rations are all the same

example

lets say you have right testicle (testicle x) and left testicle (testacle y). But lets say y is one half the size of X

1/2x = y

symmetry means that if you were to make y twice as big, it would technically be the exact same size as testicle x.

All I can say is that I am ashamed that I am being payed a salary for discussing testicles.

Let the thread die.

Shit! I meant paid.

[quote]Spry wrote:
All I can say is that I am ashamed that I am being payed a salary for discussing testicles.

Let the thread die.[/quote]

yes we will let this die, and apologies to dylan for hijacking your thread and discussing symetrical testicles.

Very good question, and dumbbells did not resolve my problem.

It’s weird it’s to the point If I do I double bi pose the left one looks softer and less peak then the right. I can’t flex my left calf as intense as the right. I can’t wait until somebody can come up with a seriuos answer I’m sure some pro bodybuilders have had to overcome this.