Riding Biotests Coattails?

Not to knock anyone, and who’s to say Biotest didnt just get it to market first, but one of the other companies I like to check out seems to be riding Biotests coattails.

AST nutrition just released a… Time realsed beta alanine… and a BCAA supplement.

The BCAA I can see, pretty standard, but the time release Beta Alanine (in the same dosage also) seems kinda fishy. But the science is there to support the supplement, so it makes sense more than one company would bring it out.

Interestingly enough, they have a fatty acid supplement that is concentrated in the reverse of Flameout (5:1 EPA:DHA) stating that THIS is better than the reverse.

Is this an isolated incident or is this something common?

The only difference… Biotest has the price advantage per seving of course :slight_smile:

If you read the write-up on MYO-D you’d understand why THEY say the 5:1 ratio is superior.

Their BCAA is one of the most cost effective ones out there too.

Their Beta-Alanine is patented. Not too sure is Biotest’s is also. But maybe that’s why it took so long to hit the market.

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
If you read the write-up on MYO-D you’d understand why THEY say the 5:1 ratio is superior.

Their BCAA is one of the most cost effective ones out there too.

Their Beta-Alanine is patented. Not too sure is Biotest’s is also. But maybe that’s why it took so long to hit the market. [/quote]

I read the myo-D write up, as well as the Flameout write up… It sounds like AST wanted to make a supp more for its fat loss potential and Biotest wanted the inflammation supression.

Like anything there are going to be leaders and followers

Phill

To me this only suggests that AST is one of the better companies in this game. I’ve also tried some of their protein (VP2), and it was delicious :stuck_out_tongue:

AST is a great company, just as Biotest is. Though I see nothing to suggest that their BCAAs are any better than those of Biotest or any other company.

what do you think happened when creatine first came out though?

I’m no historian, but I’m willing to bet that everyone started making their own creatine and marketing it. Good products are good products, and it makes sense that more than one company would sell it. This goes for any product in any industry.

and without intent to hijack: For a cutting phase, do you think Flameout would be better, or myo-d?

I thought this was going to be about Xyience releasing a product for women called Seven. Which apparently has a typically crappy ingredients list (typical for Xyience that is). Vitamins, caffiene, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Some “potential” mood enhancers.