T Nation

Ridiculous Made-Up Lifts

Haha, ive actually seen this: A guy on a Pullup/dip station, upside down, with a fitness ball between his back and the backpad of the machine, doing some exercise that looked like an upside down dip, but is in actuality pulling himself up. its hard to explain just it was just so Fucking stupid, you just had to sit there and HOPE he falls on his head to teach him a lesson.

Also saw a moron on a fitness ball doing DB press with i believe it was 90lbs…the ball was damn near ready to explode, and i was really actually surprised it didnt.

kodiak82 wrote:
Taufiq wrote:
Someone this did weird looking exercise a few months ago. I think he was trying to do DB shrugs or upright rows, but instead of stopping at the top portion of the shrug, he continues by bending the elbows and bringing the DBs up his sides to his armpits. Sort of look like a chimpanzee scratching its armpits.

yah I’ve seen a lot of that, not sure what their trying to do

Hang high pulls, or some goofy attempt at them.

Thats actually a real exercise. Its called a side row.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Haha, ive actually seen this: A guy on a Pullup/dip station, upside down, with a fitness ball between his back and the backpad of the machine, doing some exercise that looked like an upside down dip, but is in actuality pulling himself up. its hard to explain just it was just so Fucking stupid, you just had to sit there and HOPE he falls on his head to teach him a lesson.

Also saw a moron on a fitness ball doing DB press with i believe it was 90lbs…the ball was damn near ready to explode, and i was really actually surprised it didnt.[/quote]

Why is he a moron? That shit is fucking hard.

Because those balls are not meant to hold near 400lbs. When the ball is no longer a ball and is instead looking like a balloon about to pop, theres an issue

[quote]Otep wrote:
The Saxon Press.

[/quote]

If you do it on an incline bench it’s the angle (o) saxon press. Sorry, could’nt resist

My dog does this thing where she drags her butt on the floor like walking on her hands, only its inverted, so she’s walking on her hands but her butt is on the ground.

It must work cuz her shoulders are huge. I tried it and got some bad abrasions.

[quote]VonStinkle wrote:
Hell i’ve practically been told that weight training period doesn’t really exist. Some people are just so very special.[/quote]

I like your avatar.

[quote]red04 wrote:
Euro Training… look it up on youtube.[/quote]

Hilarious.

[quote]cromwell2007 wrote:
Otep wrote:
The Saxon Press.

If you do it on an incline bench it’s the angle (o) saxon press. Sorry, could’nt resist[/quote]

You should win a t-shirt for that one.

TNT

[quote]brocksamson5000 wrote:
kodiak82 wrote:
Taufiq wrote:
Someone this did weird looking exercise a few months ago. I think he was trying to do DB shrugs or upright rows, but instead of stopping at the top portion of the shrug, he continues by bending the elbows and bringing the DBs up his sides to his armpits. Sort of look like a chimpanzee scratching its armpits.

Thats actually a real exercise. Its called a side row.[/quote]

Nah, it’s different man, imagine him doing a lateral raise, the upper arm stays parallel to the floor, then his elbows are flexed so the DBs are used to scratch his armpits. All he needs to do is flap his arms and I wuould’ve burst laughing.

[quote]Taufiq wrote:
brocksamson5000 wrote:
kodiak82 wrote:
Taufiq wrote:

Thats actually a real exercise. Its called a side row.

Nah, it’s different man, imagine him doing a lateral raise, the upper arm stays parallel to the floor, then his elbows are flexed so the DBs are used to scratch his armpits. All he needs to do is flap his arms and I wuould’ve burst laughing.[/quote]

I’ve seen similar, except the guy was standing leaning back onto a high backed adjustable chair. He would then tuck his arms against his sides having elbows at 90 degrees.

Then he’d bring said db’s up and toward the centre to meet by rotating his shoulders (thus ensuring he couldn’t even claim it was a curl.) I asked this fellow exactly what this activity worked out. And he informed me its a chest exercise. Puzzle solved.

Anyhow press

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Because those balls are not meant to hold near 400lbs. When the ball is no longer a ball and is instead looking like a balloon about to pop, theres an issue[/quote]

I meant the upside down dip.
Gymnasts do the same thing.

[quote]elusive wrote:
unilateral dips (one handed).[/quote]

I do these on a hammer strength dip machine. Love them.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
My dog does this thing where she drags her butt on the floor like walking on her hands, only its inverted, so she’s walking on her hands but her butt is on the ground.

It must work cuz her shoulders are huge. I tried it and got some bad abrasions.

[/quote]

You sure she’s not just wiping her butt? :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a golden retriever who used to do that all the time, and in retrospect, her shoulders were huge too.

crossfit.com

Yep.

<----

Some dude doing reverse crunches on a box.
He fell off, and layed there like a dead fish for 20 seconds.
Not a made up lift, but whatever.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I did a shirted, reverse band two board press once. True story.[/quote]

Depending on the shirt and the bands, I think it would take around 1000 pounds on the bar to make that an effective lift.

[quote]al1492 wrote:
<----[/quote]

Wow…just…wow…