Rider Suspended 6 mo for 149 mph

[quote]Westclock wrote:
If you can do 155 I believe or better the cops will not catch you.

Even the helicopters cant sustain that for more than a minute or so before they over-rev.

Police interceptors can do better than 150 but that is considered a huge risk to them and the public, and even if they did chase you at those speeds, they would run out of gas before a bike would at 150.

[/quote]

If there is a 150mph chase going on during mid day traffic, I doubt it’s going to last until someone runs out of gas. Something is going to get destroyed haha

Just got my bike a few weeks ago. Getting up to 60mph on the long country roads is a rush to me :frowning:

I’m such a baby

This thread makes me fucking horny…

[quote]Westclock wrote:
If you can do 155 I believe or better the cops will not catch you.

Even the helicopters cant sustain that for more than a minute or so before they over-rev.

Police interceptors can do better than 150 but that is considered a huge risk to them and the public, and even if they did chase you at those speeds, they would run out of gas before a bike would at 150.

[/quote]

that reminds me of this one chase I saw. Cops did have an interceptor and were trying to keep up with the bike. Next thing you know the bike starts pulling away and the cops are like fuck were going to lose him. They did for a bit, but his brakes gave out on his bike and he ended giving up…

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

Second, the whole concept that 149 mph is necessarily risky or awful or any of that sort of thing is just such nonsense. Even in a car in many areas there are many places where it’s perfectly safe if there is no traffic. On a motorcycle, even more so.

[/quote]

If there’s no traffic, sure. I believe they have no speed limit in some of the western states where there are massive stretches of road and no traffic. In most of the country a very conservative 65 mph is a great idea. Over in Germany where they have the famous Autoban it’s a lot harder to get a driver’s license and a lot easier to lose it, so you probably don’t have as many idiots texting while driving, changing lanes without looking etc. Until we cull the bad drivers from the herd it’s probably best to drive close to the speed limit.

Ducati… nuff said

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:

Second, the whole concept that 149 mph is necessarily risky or awful or any of that sort of thing is just such nonsense. Even in a car in many areas there are many places where it’s perfectly safe if there is no traffic. On a motorcycle, even more so.

If there’s no traffic, sure. I believe they have no speed limit in some of the western states where there are massive stretches of road and no traffic. In most of the country a very conservative 65 mph is a great idea. Over in Germany where they have the famous Autoban it’s a lot harder to get a driver’s license and a lot easier to lose it, so you probably don’t have as many idiots texting while driving, changing lanes without looking etc. Until we cull the bad drivers from the herd it’s probably best to drive close to the speed limit.[/quote]

there is no speed limit on the autoban :open_mouth:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
lildave wrote:
While I dont disagree with the safety of going that fast on a bike… The rules are rules… if you dont wanna play by them and you get caught then you have to pay the consequences…

Many of those same “rules” will get you killed on a bike if you were to follow them like you and the poster above seem to think. If some 18 wheeler rides along side of me, it would be in my best interest to speed the fuck up and get ahead of it so he can see me and so I am no longer riding right next to it or behind it. If that means SPEEDING, so fucking be it. I would rather “break the rules” than get my ass killed.

Also, anyone on a bike knows that some of these fools drive like they are really trying to run you over. I ride “ahead of traffic” because of this and most cops around here seem to understand that as long you aren’t flat out drag racing. The ones who don’t are either assholes or have never been on a bike themselves before.

Riding a bike is NOTHING like driving a car because of the many extra factors that need to be considered that no one even thinks about when on four wheels. If I get sweat in my eyes while riding in heavy traffic, I am fucked…yet that Nissan Maxima behind me doesn’t give a shit and will gladly run me the fuck over as I try to pull over just to wipe my face.

What non-riders may see as “speeding” is often necessary riding on a motorcycle, especially one that can actually keep up with traffic.[/quote]

Do you really have to excessively speed to get ahead of an 18 wheeler? Or to pull over and wipe your eyes? That seems like pretty banal justification for what most of the population would consider blatant douchebaggery. I’m not saying that I have followed the rules on my bike at all times - yes, I too am guilty of accelerating to great speed just for the thrill. But then I grew up, considered the consequences, realized that I wasn’t that cool, and moved on. There is simply no need to go that fast, and I think everyone here would be hard-pressed to find a justification for going 150mph on a bike.

In the recent war over here one police station was burned to the ground with all the drivers records. After the war, everyone just went to the police, said they had their drivers licence burned, brought a witness with them and a new drivers licence was made for them.

[quote]CrookedCrown wrote:
Professor X wrote:
lildave wrote:
While I dont disagree with the safety of going that fast on a bike… The rules are rules… if you dont wanna play by them and you get caught then you have to pay the consequences…

Many of those same “rules” will get you killed on a bike if you were to follow them like you and the poster above seem to think. If some 18 wheeler rides along side of me, it would be in my best interest to speed the fuck up and get ahead of it so he can see me and so I am no longer riding right next to it or behind it. If that means SPEEDING, so fucking be it. I would rather “break the rules” than get my ass killed.

Also, anyone on a bike knows that some of these fools drive like they are really trying to run you over. I ride “ahead of traffic” because of this and most cops around here seem to understand that as long you aren’t flat out drag racing. The ones who don’t are either assholes or have never been on a bike themselves before.

Riding a bike is NOTHING like driving a car because of the many extra factors that need to be considered that no one even thinks about when on four wheels. If I get sweat in my eyes while riding in heavy traffic, I am fucked…yet that Nissan Maxima behind me doesn’t give a shit and will gladly run me the fuck over as I try to pull over just to wipe my face.

What non-riders may see as “speeding” is often necessary riding on a motorcycle, especially one that can actually keep up with traffic.

Do you really have to excessively speed to get ahead of an 18 wheeler? Or to pull over and wipe your eyes? That seems like pretty banal justification for what most of the population would consider blatant douchebaggery. I’m not saying that I have followed the rules on my bike at all times - yes, I too am guilty of accelerating to great speed just for the thrill. But then I grew up, considered the consequences, realized that I wasn’t that cool, and moved on. There is simply no need to go that fast, and I think everyone here would be hard-pressed to find a justification for going 150mph on a bike. [/quote]

I’m sorry, but where did I write that I go 150mph to get passed an 18 wheeler?

[quote]Kerley wrote:

there is no speed limit on the autoban :open_mouth:
[/quote]

No, but they will pull you over/arrest you for “endangering the public” etc, etc. Which includes going to fast near other drivers.

Its up to the officers discretion.

I apologize for the poor communication on my part. My whole point was that, despite any extenuating circumstances, there are very few reasons for excessive speeding on a bike, whether it is 150mph or merely 80mph (assuming highway). I say this as a former bike owner, and as a probable future bike owner. Any attempt to justify speeding in ANY vehicle is often poorly constructed and without merit. Any state patrolman will likely confirm this. The 150mph that I brought up at the end of my previous statement was merely a reference to the speed quoted in the title of this thread, a speed which it seemed you were attempting to defend as reasonable.

[quote]CrookedCrown wrote:
I apologize for the poor communication on my part. My whole point was that, despite any extenuating circumstances, there are very few reasons for excessive speeding on a bike, whether it is 150mph or merely 80mph (assuming highway). I say this as a former bike owner, and as a probable future bike owner. Any attempt to justify speeding in ANY vehicle is often poorly constructed and without merit. Any state patrolman will likely confirm this. The 150mph that I brought up at the end of my previous statement was merely a reference to the speed quoted in the title of this thread, a speed which it seemed you were attempting to defend as reasonable. [/quote]

80mph will simply keep everyone else going 80 from running you over completely. The average speed of people around this area is about 10mph over the speed limit…just to keep up with traffic. If you are crazy enough to drive that much slower than the people around you, expect an accident. I keep up with and ride just ahead of traffic and no one but old ladies are driving ONLY the speed limit around here unless there is a cop parked on the side of the road…which means most are at least going 75-80.

Also, I wrote that I went that fast last week and that I don’t usually get to see how fast it can go. How could ANYONE take that as meaning I go 150mph on a regular basis?

I ride in a way that keeps me from finding myself under someone else’s wheels. I doubt anyone here is literally riding 150mph everywhere they go.

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:

Just got my bike a few weeks ago. Getting up to 60mph on the long country roads is a rush to me :frowning:

I’m such a baby[/quote]

Makes sense, Mike drives a stunt car, not a bike!

[quote]Hyena wrote:
my question is, WTF did she stop for a cop when she was going 150? They aren’t gonna chase you. No way a car can keep up, the power to weight ratio of a bike is just far superior.[/quote]

Can’t outrun the radio.

And I would assume the officer is a law-abiding person regarding acts that are criminal.

Stopping and getting the ticket didn’t end his career.

Committing the crime of whatever they call it for fleeing would have ended his career and quite likely is against his personal beliefs, as a guess.

On the 401, if you’re caught doing either 150 or 160km/h, the fine is $10,000 I believe.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I ride in a way that keeps me from finding myself under someone else’s wheels. I doubt anyone here is literally riding 150mph everywhere they go.[/quote]

If you are riding intelligently and are observing people around you then you dont need to speed to not get run over… If you take a good riding course they teach you everything to watch out for.
Maybe things are different where you live but where I live speeding to get in front of the pack doesnt work since you will always just catch up with more cars…

Like I said… I dont disagree that speeding on a bike isnt as unsafe as speeding in a car but dont make up excuses and justify it. Laws are laws and if you want to break them then be prepared to pay the price.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
bond james bond wrote: You get pinched here doing 150 and your fined in the thousands,supended and beg to get your license back.I’d wager it’s alot longer than a six months suspension as well.

On the 401, if you’re caught doing either 150 or 160km/h, the fine is $10,000 I believe.[/quote]

Anywhere in Ontario is a $10,000 fine for going 50 km/h + over

[quote]Hyena wrote:
my question is, WTF did she stop for a cop when she was going 150? They aren’t gonna chase you. No way a car can keep up, the power to weight ratio of a bike is just far superior.[/quote]

Radio waves are alot faster than any motorcycle will ever be.

[quote]lildave wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I ride in a way that keeps me from finding myself under someone else’s wheels. I doubt anyone here is literally riding 150mph everywhere they go.

If you are riding intelligently and are observing people around you then you dont need to speed to not get run over… If you take a good riding course they teach you everything to watch out for.
Maybe things are different where you live but where I live speeding to get in front of the pack doesnt work since you will always just catch up with more cars…

Like I said… I dont disagree that speeding on a bike isnt as unsafe as speeding in a car but dont make up excuses and justify it. Laws are laws and if you want to break them then be prepared to pay the price.
[/quote]

In riding courses they also tell you to use your bikes speed and agility to keep yourself from ending up as a hood ornament. It doesn’t sound like Prof X is justifying speeding, he sounds like he is justifying staying alive.

[quote]crimson_lily wrote:
Stuntman Mike wrote:

I’m such a baby

Makes sense, Mike drives a stunt car, not a bike!
[/quote]

Baby, sometimes the car just doesn’t give enough oomph.