T Nation

Rick Hussy is a Genius

He works with reverse bands alot and I have thought of this myself and been training this way.
Rick was doing this five years before me but I get it. It works, and it overloads perfectly.
If you can get Rick to give you some help, you will never regret it.

BB

So he’s a genius because he’s smarter than you? So what you’re saying is we’re all geniuses…

No, he’s a genius because he’s trained multiple all-time record holders and has a unique system that seems to work for everyone who steps in his gym.

Looks an aweful lot like self-promotion to me…

[quote]daraz wrote:
Looks an aweful lot like self-promotion to me…[/quote]

Are you saying that Rick Hussey, the owner/coach of Big Iron Gym, one of the strongest powerlifting gyms in the world, made an account on T-Nation to troll and self promote? Or am I reading that wrong?

If you are saying that, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

I once gave Rick Hussey 20 dollars for a walk in workout that costs 10 dollars, he didn’t give me change and I was far too intimidated to ask. That story is completely irrelevant but true.

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

Are you saying that Rick Hussey, the owner/coach of Big Iron Gym, one of the strongest powerlifting gyms in the world, made an account on T-Nation to troll and self promote? Or am I reading that wrong?

I once gave Rick Hussey 20 dollars for a walk in workout that costs 10 dollars, he didn’t give me change and I was far too intimidated to ask. That story is completely irrelevant but true.[/quote]

At $500 a pop for 10 week programs, it makes sense to post that on one of the biggest, most tween-filled powerlifting boards on the net. Catch even just 1 dumb kid and you made $500 for a 10second effort. If that’s the dumbest thing you ever heard, you must be surrounded by the greatest geniuses on the planet.

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

I once gave Rick Hussey 20 dollars for a walk in workout that costs 10 dollars, he didn’t give me change and I was far too intimidated to ask. That story is completely irrelevant but true.[/quote]

At $500 a pop for 10 week programs, it makes sense to post that on one of the biggest, most tween-filled powerlifting boards on the net. Catch even just 1 dumb kid and you made $500 for a 10second effort. If that’s the dumbest thing you ever heard, you must be surrounded by the greatest geniuses on the planet.
[/quote]
I know Big Bencher in person. He is not Rick Hussey. BB, see you in Niagara!

I’m sure Rick Hussey wouldn’t misspell his name to throw off internet detectives and attract teenage customers.

Anyway, I once walked in to lift at Big Iron with 5 bucks and when Rick found out he just let me lift for free. He’s a very nice guy who really doesn’t need to self promote. His lifters promote him well enough.

I only noticed Rick Hussy’s training last week and I thought since I started this on my own I would give him some props. I love the concept. Reverse bands allow you to take weights that you can’t handle normally, and get the power that you cannot get from straight weight. I recently read an article that said he used the reverse band method to achieve great success. I don’t give a shit about his programs or the cost. It just makes sense.

Sensgirl: I know you don’t post much, but thanks for the support. It means alot to me. O’boile you don’t get jealous ok. I got my Giraffe and I’m happy. By the way we gotta train sometime. Niagara or at your place is cool.

BB

[quote]Big Bencher wrote:
I only noticed Rick Hussy’s training last week and I thought since I started this on my own I would give him some props. I love the concept. Reverse bands allow you to take weights that you can’t handle normally, and get the power that you cannot get from straight weight. I recently read an article that said he used the reverse band method to achieve great success. I don’t give a shit about his programs or the cost. It just makes sense.

Sensgirl: I know you don’t post much, but thanks for the support. It means alot to me. O’boile you don’t get jealous ok. I got my Giraffe and I’m happy. By the way we gotta train sometime. Niagara or at your place is cool.

BB[/quote]

You guys are welcome to come to our place anytime! Are the Niagara guys lifting tomorrow? If so, what time?

[quote]OBoile wrote:

BB[/quote]

You guys are welcome to come to our place anytime! Are the Niagara guys lifting tomorrow? If so, what time?[/quote]

I’ll answer for him. BB will be down there with Glyn at 10am. I’m not sure who else will be there. I have to work :frowning:

I’d love to come train at your place sometime and check out T-Rex headquarters.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]OBoile wrote:

BB[/quote]

You guys are welcome to come to our place anytime! Are the Niagara guys lifting tomorrow? If so, what time?[/quote]

I’ll answer for him. BB will be down there with Glyn at 10am. I’m not sure who else will be there. I have to work :frowning:

I’d love to come train at your place sometime and check out T-Rex headquarters. [/quote]

Like I said, you’re welcome to come by anytime! We (sensgirl and I) lift a on couple of days a week after work and the team meets every Saturday although the time changes each week. We (sensgirl and I) usually lift on Sunday as well. Let me know when youre thinking and well work something out.

Unfortunately, we won’t be able to make it that early. My parents are coming over for the night, so we won’t be able to get away in time tomorrow.

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

[/quote]

Hussey doesn’t need to promote, the numbers that BIG lifters hit consistently do all the promotion for him.

I never even met the guy. I just read an article on training at BIG and saw that he was doing the reverse band thing for a long time. The results speak for themselves, and I was impressed.

I will never lay claim to the genius thing as I am far from it.

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

[/quote]

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/Big%20Bencher#myForums/recent//1

Look at the kids post history.

What you are suggesting is that a cancer survivor in his 50s (60s?) made an account back in December, posted in the most random collection of threads possible, and waited 8 months to strike up a conversation where he misspells his own name, doesn’t mention his phone coaching programs and crowns himself a genius. He did all of this in hopes that someone might find their way to his website and might find the page where he has personal coaching and that person might hire him.

That sir is in fact an incredibly stupid thing to suggest.

Its threads like this that i realize why i dont frequent this site anymore.