Rich's Cube Run

Thanks bro… yeah I felt horrible last night and I don’t wanna keep killing myself. I speak to my ortho again soon and I want to ask the absolute most I can do… then do a little more… I’ve already quit military pressing heavy months ago… benching too… I’ve become more of a squatter and I’ve always liked dead lifting. When all of this is over and done , I want to recalibrate my body to be strong in the squat then dead. Its just lately its been fun squatting. I think bw squatting will keep me strong because years back I did this thing where through out the day is do 500 pushups and I’d do them 50 at a time, and by doing this once I joined a gym I was able to use the 100 lb DB’s for sets of 10 and the 110’s for 5 reps… at 185 bw… so I’m hoping the free squats will keep me strong like the pushups did. In the mean time I will take it easy and use my ssb for all squats (the thick padding is nice on my traps).
Thanks for what you said… I think a log here plus reading will keep me good.

todays log…
pretty simple, I watched G.I. Jane while hanging out with my baby

did pull aparts with a thick theraband.
500 BW squats (100 of them while holding my 15 lb baby)

not sore at all… I will do something later too. Trying to keep weights off my neck/shoulders

going nuts being able to lift like I want.
in here now seeing if i am still strong with the SSB bar, doing doubles till I cant anymore

135X2
155X2
195X2
215X2
245X2
295X2
335X2 (belt, knee wraps)
355X1 (belt, knee wraps)
alittle rough, but still about the same strength… all I will do, and workout light with bands for upper from now on. I dont wanna hurt myself more

i went to jail in 07 for 9mths, here in Canada theres no weights in jail, just prison. Anyway to the point of the story, I rotated pushup,free squats, and chins, on the forth day, Id just piss around with the water bags- curls, latterals, but anyway, after 9mths of this, I actually made gains. I`d do 500pull-ups throughout day 1, 1000 squats on day 2, and a 1000 pushups on day 3, these would be spaced out throughout the day.

When I got out I was suprised how much strength Id kept, my bench was still hovering around 300, even though I hadnt done a bench in almost a year. The point is as long as you can keep the volume faily high, your body seems to maintain. I would recomend putting a hook in the wall, like I have to do face pulls, and rows with. Ill throw soem pics up to spice up your log, in case you didnt see them on my log. These are lkife saver`s, and actually put/save some muscle on your upper back.

I do as maney as I can with my elbows high, then as I get tired let my elbows slowly drop, si in the end I`m basicaly doing low pully row to my belly. Works your rear delts, lats, traps, and I think this exercise would be really good for you as long as you can dop them. latter, keep your head up

This is the set up, any hook or handle will do, the strap is from the automotive store, for 8$, just put the hook at face level

I know I post these pics in alot of threads, but I believe 110% in this exercise, in this pic Im using a pipe, but I recomend just holding the ends of the strap, or rope, and spreading the handles, as you pull yourself up. I recomend this exercise for everyone, but I think after your operation, if you can do this, it would be huge, just a sugestion, you seem pretty creative yourself. This is just anexercise I love, and think has really done alot to keeping my shoulders healthy, just adding some colur to your log. :slight_smile: Latter

Good idea. I have stuff I can do now like that without building stuff. I will do for sure. As far as the bw stuff. I know it works great. Last time I went to jail though I lost weight. You gotta remember I’m diabetic so I can’t eat all the crazy stuff… I weighed 185 but ripped. We actually do more burpees here when locked up, not as many pushups.

Like 500 burpees… but pushups were a side thing and yeah around the 1000 mark, but because of my current injury I can’t do so many or pull ups. I wish I could because I love pull ups. I will keep the free squats and band work and I’m hoping in the soon future I can do the pushups/pull ups. I’m kinda thinking of getting a slingshot to assist, ever use one? My garage is better then average for sure. Since quitting the drinking and drugs, that’s my focus. Thanks for the good idea man. I will start that today.

Been taking it easy as I can… too easy its almost depressing. Did a lot of theraband work today… follow by SSB squats
10X10
First 2 sets 135… last 8 were 155
Supersetted with 15 reps of face pulls with trx

Go Monday to talk to surgeon. Kinda nervous.

OK… upper body work. Tons of warm up sets on decline bench
Working sets
5X10 125 lbs decline bench with swiss bar
Super settled with trx lat pulls
Then db military press
3X10 30 lb DB’s
Super settled with trx tricep extensions
Lots of theraband work afterwards

Still kinda down but at least I’m bonding a lot with my 5 month old baby girl.
Think to recover I might stick to machines only for about a month. I wanna heal perfect.

Looking good bro, not alot of weight, but your getting some volume, and things can only get better. Goodluck, and keep us posted

He is going to do another neck injection. He thinks if its aimed a little different it can work. I hope so. But then that will make it to where I can’t touch weights for around a week … I may workout tonight just to get something done. After all this crap is done next step is to kick my pain pills which will be another pain in the ass.

I was really enjoying the way the cube was working out so I will get back to that but be easy on upper body for awhile… at least the pushing type of movements.

OK well something messed up with my insurance so the injection got put off till the 6th of Jan. So I will train what I can until then. Tonight will be some deads…

Heavy deads…
Warm sets
135X5
185X5
225X5
275X4
315X4
Working sets
405 3X2

Snatch grip deads
270 2X8

DB rows
75 lbs 3X10

DB shrugs
75 lbs 2X20

Kinda hurt since I’m not hitting it like I have been… this morning just got my shot in the ass… so that will make me strong for 8-9 days lol

fucking still deadlifting more than me, even injured :slight_smile: hurry up and get that surgery so I’m atleast deadlifting more than someone around here. Goodstuff. Latter

Haven’t done much since last post. Been feeling down and not sleeping good. I got a heavy bag for Xmas so that’s been my workout for now… and Monday I get another cortisone shot in my neck… going to re think all my workout since I have time to lay down and chill…

I’ve been away from the net for the past 2 weeks, because of this ice storm, took the power down for 4 days, and my net was down for 2 weeks. Anyway, just wanted to drop by and check in on your progress. I love the heavy bag, I use it for cardio as well, and I swear it’s what kept my shoulder’s healthy all these years, working the heavy bag tightens your shoulder’s up, it sounds wrong, but all the jaring, forces your shoulder’s to stay tight, conversly, alot of swimming over the years, will loosen up your shoulder’s ( I’ve tried both).

Swimming and heavy lifting are not a good combo, joints get loose, just putting this out there, because it’s another thing, the masses (sheep) don’t grasp, but you seem to be able to think for yourself, and use common sense, more than most people I deal with, so keep banging away, and it will help you be ready for some heavy benching when your ready. latter

Well just got my injection and it was on the side ( both sides) of my neck. Feeling how I feel… I’m going to start ground up. This sucks. I will keep a log once I begin but it won’t be as power based… stay tuned!

So, I have been looking into my future programming, and although i will be not doing the cube for sometime I wont change my log and just keep it here because I plan on re starting, sooner or later.

I have decided to do somewhat of a BBer split (I knowits the opposite of what I like) But thing is, when I started lifting about 6 years ago I was heavy and just had my son, I wanted to be an active dad so lifting helped me shed about 40 lbs , it was also good for my diabetes. So while in recoverey for my neck and on a mission to lose my disability weight (ive gained 10 lbs of fat) I’m going to go back to my old weighs of lifting until my body can handle the stress of big loads. I mean its pretty much like doing assistance work without the main lift, except the main lift wll be terribly light, or maybe like deloading for a real long time hahaha.

It’s just i’m on the border of being old and I still like runing around with my kids so I dont wanna just be stuck with this messed up neck forever, and if I’m PLing I will push myself out of habit. But I will still need motivation… so starting Monday I will post my first “chest/bi” day

Well its been about a month since my last “good” workout. Started Monday

1/13
Chest/bi’s
Flat bench (swiss bar) 85 lbs 3X10
Incline bench (swiss bar) 85 lbs 3X8
DB flat bench 40 lb 3X15
Preacher curls 45 lbs 3X10
DB curls 20 lbs 3X10
21’s with swiss bar (35 lbs) 3 sets

1/14
Legs
SSB squats 155 lbs 3X6
30 pistols using trx for help
Deadlifts 225 lbs 5X5
SSB lunges 3X10
Little heavy bag work

I’m sore as hell

1/16
Shoulders/ tri’s
Rear delts using bands 3X10
Front raises 3X10 DB’s 10 lbs
Lateral raises 3X10 DB’s 10 lbs
30 lb DB press 3X10

Band push downs 3X10
Behind head tri extensions 35 lb (swiss bar)

That’s it… these are my weak point ATM pain wise… starting slow is hard but it will pay off.