Rich, Beautiful Women; WHY??

I think the disparity comes from reading too much into “rich and beautiful” Having not known any of these women personally, who knows what kind of people they really are inside?

As a society we tend to idolise the rich and beautiful and automatically give them personality traits they may or may not have, putting them on a pedestal as “better people”, which is most definately not always the case.

Money and amazing looks should not be top of the list if you’re after a long, meaningful and fulfilling relationship.

A quick fling and a new car,
however…

And liz hurley is probably crap in bed. Nice rack though.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
“Gay Space Alien”!

I LOVE that!

LOL!

Mufasa[/quote]

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! Mufasa, that picture is going to haunt me the rest of my days…

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Bigbigsize wrote:
Elizabeth Hurley…you’d think Hugh Grant would be satisfied banging one of the most beautiful women in the world but he still went out and got caught with a crack prostitute.

No matter how hot a girl is, some guy, somewhere, is tired of banging her.[/quote]

Word.

To paraphrase Bill Maher:

Looks has nothing to do with it. For men, there are only two kinds of pussy: Old. And new.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

I’m I being too harsh here?

I would Love my T-Nation friend’s thoughts…

Mufasa

My thoughts are that most Hollywood marriages are complete bullshit to start with. I would imagine that most marriages of elite athletes are as well, especially since the divorce rate among “common people” keeps increasing. Every once in a while, there is a Jada Pinkette and Will Smith who seem to stay out of the public eye just enough as a couple that it may work out for more than a couple of years.

I would think being in a position where ass is literally being thrown at you left and right on a daily basis makes it hard to stay faithful without some amazing down to Earth home-training on board.

As far as the women marrying celebrities with 'problems", what’s different there than every other social circle?

As far as alcoholism and drug use, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that this would be a trap for those who can’t leave the house without being mobbed. You would have to have one strong sense of self to avoid falling into traps like that…and we are talking about ‘actors’, right?[/quote]

Exactly.

You guys are great!

Great discussion!

I have to agree (because I’ve been guilty of it!) of placing stars on a pedestal; and that somehow, someway they should be “smarter?” or more immune from the ills that befall us all.

No more. Too much age and experience now!

I’ve found that if anything, (as JS alluded too) , money, wealth; the coddled and protected Life that celebrities tend to lead; all those things probably…and I emphasize probably cause them to put themselves in a false world of fantasy and protection from the ills of the world. (I agree with the “Cinderella Syndrome”).

Being an orphan at an early age, with a family that abused you and hates you; living in a cold, damp castle; having babies under unsterile and dangerous conditions, with a high likelihood that you would die with each subsequent childbirth; being succeptible to plague, dysentery infulenzae and murauders in Medival France…

All these things were Cinderella’s “reality”.

Mufasa

Hey…a girl could HOPE, right???

(…"Bibitty, Bobitty…BOO!!!..)

Mufasa

Great point.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
The mirror image does not fail to reflect the inner reality.

You marry who you are.[/quote]

“You marry who you are…”

Ummmmm…I have to think about that one.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
“You marry who you are…”

Mufasa[/quote]

I don’t. It’s false.

Maybe our choices are a reflection of who we are?

(Think about it…that is a little different).

Still giving it some thought.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Maybe our choices are a reflection of who we are?

(Think about it…that is a little different).

Still giving it some thought.

Mufasa[/quote]

I think it might sound very philosphical to state that who you attract reflects who you are, but to carry that directly over to marriage, which is influenced by materialistic traits like money, status, power, and belongings is a little too far reaching.

Marriages don’t even last anymore and my faith in marriage as an “intitution” has fallen to nonexistant. There are too many people I know personally who are getting divorced or have been divorced. Seeing them go through that (especially the ones with kids) makes me think about nothing but pre-nupts and simply living together.

But I digress, the people you marry may reflect all of your own weaknesses or even your strengths, but to say you marry people just like you is a little much.

Its quite simple.

Anyone driven to celebrity and fame in the first place often has deep-rooted issues of their own, usually a need for acceptance, an underlying self-esteem problem and a lack of self worth.

People of like similarities and issues attract each other.

2+2 = your answer

Psych session closed.

Mufasa wrote:
“You marry who you are…”

Mufasa

I don’t. It’s false. [/quote]

Yeah… this is just my own personal account, but my wife is nothing like me at all, and that’s a huge part of why I love her.

I have myself for all the things I enjoy, why would I want a clone of myself as my wife? Where’s the fun in that?

I want somebody who looks at things differently, enjoys different things, and will therefore expose me to new things that I may never experience on my own, or with somebody just like me.

“The Nick-Meister” has spoken!

Simplistic…but I think you’re on to something, Nick.

Mufasa

Mufasa wrote:
“You marry who you are…”

Mufasa

I don’t. It’s false. [/quote]

Well you know what they say, Opposites attract, likenesses stay together.

Nicole Kidman is ugly. I find nothing attractive about her. I cant see the appeal she has to some people.

Yes, I was lashing out for a reaction.

And yes, I have been burned, but I have a lovely wife not for over a year.

My son’s (he is 6) mom is a loon and I was in a custody battle for about the past 3 years.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Nicole Kidman is ugly. I find nothing attractive about her. I cant see the appeal she has to some people.[/quote]

Me either. Let’s talk about Fergie.

Or Beyonce.

PGA200X wrote:
Nicole Kidman is ugly. I find nothing attractive about her. I cant see the appeal she has to some people.

Me either. Let’s talk about Fergie.[/quote]

Nicole Kidman is ugly and you’re bringing up Fergie? The woman who doesn’t shave under her arms and looks like a chow wearing make-up?

Fergie is probably the only woman who when I see a picture of her face close-up I actually feel as if I am being assaulted and I should call the police to report some kind of crime.

Nicole Kidman has a pretty face even though she’s older, and a very nice body for someone who’s lacking curves. Not to mention being seductive counts for something.