Rich, Beautiful Women; WHY??

Poor Nichole Kidman…

First she marries a closet Gay Guy whose craziness is matched only by his enormous ego…

Now she finds out (or was she going to “change” him?)…she finds out that her new husband, Keith Urban, has a drug and alcohol problem.

What is up with rich, smart, beautiful women? From Judy Garland to Debbie Reynolds; and from Liz Taylor to Brittney Spears; they seem to lose all the sense, drive and Talent that got them where they are and chase after losers.

Okay…

I’m I being too harsh here?

I would Love my T-Nation friend’s thoughts…

Mufasa

I wish I knew these women. I don’t care why they do it, I just want to meet them. I’ve specifically been looking for a rich supermodel who’s super dedicated, has no qualms cleaning and cooking and who has incredibly low standards for several years now. So far, no luck.

Sandra Bullock marrying the chopper jackass and Nicole Kidman going through a gay space alien loon and a drug addict does give me hope, though.

“Gay Space Alien”!

I LOVE that!

LOL!

Mufasa

The mirror image does not fail to reflect the inner reality.

You marry who you are.

Poor Nicole needs me to take her under my wing. I could be a gret a help for her…and of course she could fulfill some of my desires too.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa [/quote]

My thoughts are that most Hollywood marriages are complete bullshit to start with. I would imagine that most marriages of elite athletes are as well, especially since the divorce rate among “common people” keeps increasing. Every once in a while, there is a Jada Pinkette and Will Smith who seem to stay out of the public eye just enough as a couple that it may work out for more than a couple of years.

I would think being in a position where ass is literally being thrown at you left and right on a daily basis makes it hard to stay faithful without some amazing down to Earth home-training on board.

As far as the women marrying celebrities with 'problems", what’s different there than every other social circle?

As far as alcoholism and drug use, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that this would be a trap for those who can’t leave the house without being mobbed. You would have to have one strong sense of self to avoid falling into traps like that…and we are talking about ‘actors’, right?

You’re probably right, Prof…

I guess we tend to put these Stars as living in “another World…” yet they live in the same one as all of us, just with more money and more Temptations.

Debbie Renolyds was as big of a star as it gets. She was one of the first of “America’s Sweethearts”. She literally made millions 2 or 3 times in her career, each time being swindled, used and driven to bankruptcy by a man she “loved”.

Amazing.

Mufasa

Oh, boy!

How could I forget the “Whitney and Bobby” Fiasco?

Mufasa

Elizabeth Hurley…you’d think Hugh Grant would be satisfied banging one of the most beautiful women in the world but he still went out and got caught with a crack prostitute.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

My thoughts are that most Hollywood marriages are complete bullshit to start with. I would imagine that most marriages of elite athletes are as well, especially since the divorce rate among “common people” keeps increasing. Every once in a while, there is a Jada Pinkette and Will Smith who seem to stay out of the public eye just enough as a couple that it may work out for more than a couple of years.

I would think being in a position where ass is literally being thrown at you left and right on a daily basis makes it hard to stay faithful without some amazing down to Earth home-training on board.[/quote]

I think the opportunity for getting laid is apart of it, but a bigger issue is being cloistered. People in Hollywood are defined by having everyone else do something for them.

The realities of a real marriage are universal, and something most celebrities aren’t prepared to deal with. Additionally, the issues young people have with marriage are also universal, and not just a Hollywood thing.

I also firmly believe you see the majority of the divorce rates, both in Hollywood and in the real world, being heavily influenced by repeat offenders, and the fact that people are more apt to marry now than at any time before.

Marriage means significantly less now than it ever has, but I would imagine that the actual number of failed relationships people go through hasn’t risen significantly over the last few decades.

[quote]Bigbigsize wrote:
Elizabeth Hurley…you’d think Hugh Grant would be satisfied banging one of the most beautiful women in the world but he still went out and got caught with a crack prostitute.[/quote]

I think it’d be a much bigger surprise if he didn’t cheat.

I believe women are conditioned for a Cinderella syndrome from a young age, whether they are born wealthy or not.

Furthermore, and generally speaking, female s instinctively hunt out security in their mate. Modern day security is in the form of money and power, primitive security being strength and power. Once that is landed the female seeks to spread her genes by fornication with other males, and trick the mate into believing he is the father, thereby wreaking the benfit of the security found in the first male, and at the same time spreading her genes.

I personally find women in general are expecting to find prince charming to sweep them off their feet (cinderella syndrome) and it warps what they are looking for. in general I also find women to be useless at nearly everything.

I can ad so much more to this, but I will leave with one more thought. What happened to natural selection? Why has society progressed to the point where we keep the weakest alive with life support until president Bush has to show his monkey like face and pass a law about them? I’ve been around and I can tell you stupid people are breeding everywhere and man if they are born into wealth they are the cats meow. Can you say Paris hilton?

You need to redefine your concepts of

rich
beautiful
intelligent
and in some cases, women

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
You need to redefine your concepts of

rich
beautiful
intelligent
and in some cases, women

[/quote]

You have no soul.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:

Furthermore, and generally speaking, female s instinctively hunt out security in their mate. Modern day security is in the form of money and power, primitive security being strength and power. Once that is landed the female seeks to spread her genes by fornication with other males, and trick the mate into believing he is the father, thereby wreaking the benfit of the security found in the first male, and at the same time spreading her genes.[/quote]

I was with you up until “once that is landed”, where you broke from anything that has any basis in anything other than your own mind. It’s like you read 5 pages of The Red Queen or Sperm Wars or The Mating Mind and it’s led you to believe that you are a fucking accredited evolutionary psychologist.

I don’t know if you got burned by women when you were younger, I’m fairly confident you’re not a misogynist, but there sure is a lot of borderline shit in that post. Social grooming is an issue, but men have been groomed to be castrated knights in shining armor as much as women have been groomed to be ‘taken.’

Women with men who are perceived to be less than they are either delusional or have issues with self-esteem (or, alternatively, the external judgement of wealth is biased). Female infidelity in equal relationships has nothing to with an inborne “instincts” gained through evolution, esteemed professor.

Also, I’ll field your question of what happened to natural selection: nothing. Natural selection has to do with adaptation and nothing else. Stupidity has nothing to do with it. Survival of the fittest is not a literal term, and whatever your definition of “weakest” is, I’m gonna go ahead with an educated guess in saying it’s wrong.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
I believe women are conditioned for a Cinderella syndrome from a young age, whether they are born wealthy or not.

Furthermore, and generally speaking, female s instinctively hunt out security in their mate. Modern day security is in the form of money and power, primitive security being strength and power. Once that is landed the female seeks to spread her genes by fornication with other males, and trick the mate into believing he is the father, thereby wreaking the benfit of the security found in the first male, and at the same time spreading her genes.

I personally find women in general are expecting to find prince charming to sweep them off their feet (cinderella syndrome) and it warps what they are looking for. in general I also find women to be useless at nearly everything.

I can ad so much more to this, but I will leave with one more thought. What happened to natural selection? Why has society progressed to the point where we keep the weakest alive with life support until president Bush has to show his monkey like face and pass a law about them? I’ve been around and I can tell you stupid people are breeding everywhere and man if they are born into wealth they are the cats meow. Can you say Paris hilton?
[/quote]

What the hell? Can anyone translate this into a cogent argument?

[quote]Bigbigsize wrote:
Elizabeth Hurley…you’d think Hugh Grant would be satisfied banging one of the most beautiful women in the world but he still went out and got caught with a crack prostitute.[/quote]

may be that Miss Hurley is just a piece of ice.

no one can fuck a piece of ice forever…

[quote]Bigbigsize wrote:

[i]No matter how hot a girl is, some guy, somewhere, is tired of banging her.[i]

Well, who are they meeting? Especially in the Entertainment field. Creativity has it’s dark side and many of those people are unstable. Incredible amounts of wealth and having access to everything is only likely to exaserbate those problems. That’s the guys they meet. Also, who is to say that these women are well-adjusted themselves.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa

I would think being in a position where ass is literally being thrown at you left and right on a daily basis makes it hard to stay faithful without some amazing down to Earth home-training on board.

As far as the women marrying celebrities with 'problems", what’s different there than every other social circle?

As far as alcoholism and drug use, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that this would be a trap for those who can’t leave the house without being mobbed. You would have to have one strong sense of self to avoid falling into traps like that…and we are talking about ‘actors’, right?[/quote]

I agree with this. Additionally, there’s constant temptation. They’re surrounded by gorgeous people all the time. And there’s a lot of travel. However easy and pampered their life is in other ways, it is hard to be shooting on location away from loved ones.

And shooting often starts very early in the day and can end very late. You have to have a strong moral compass and other coping mechanisms to avoiding turning to crutches like drugs and alcohol and often the warm body of your costar.