Ribose Works!

I don’t understand why this supplement hasn’t taken off. I’ve been adding 1 scoop of ribose with my creatine to my Surge. Man, what a difference. It’s like the creatine is turbocharged! It is the only change I’ve made, muscles are definitely fuller that with just creatine, strength is also increased.

Biotest used to make a Ribose/creatine supplement, I never tried it, but I wonder why it didn’t catch on? Anybody else like this stuff as much as I do?

I like D-ribose as well.

I see a big difference in physical performance with it.

I actually was checking this out at the store today.

Interesting to hear some reviews.

Yeah, I love this stuff. I’ve found that it helps recovery, too.

Do you guys have a reserve stash or something? I thought Biotest retired this product?

I just bought Jarrow 100% pure Ribose at Whole Foods. I put 1 scoop {approx 2gms) of the Ribose and 1 scoop of the creatine in my post workout Surge. Biotest did discontinue their product because of lack of interest.

It’s funny cause when Biotest sold Ribose, it just didn’t interest me back then. Now that I keep reading about people doing well with it, I want to try it. Go figure…

When I started this thread I was half expecting a bunch of responses like “it’s crap” or “what a joke”, or maybe studies have shown it’s slowly killing you. In my humble opinion this has been the most “noticeable” supplement I’ve ever added to my regimen.

Just read the cool comments on D-ribose. If anyone would be open to sharing their positive results, please let me know. Olympic weight lifter Melanie Roach, who just made the team and was featured in the New York Times, has said ribose helps her a lot. Especially good for maintaining strength between lifts, where lag time can be a very long 45 minutes. Feel free to PM me. Have a nice weekend.

i ordered 100g of Ribose today. Planning on pairing it with creatine in my PWO drink. I will post any and all results. I am a swimmer who competes in multiple events per competition with signifigant lag time between events, anywhere from 10-60 minutes between events, similar to what you described with Melanie Roach and her Oly Lifting. I’ll keep you updated once it arrives.

What’s an ideal dose of this stuff?

All this positive feedback will probably result in me ordering it. I’ve found that it’s pretty damn cheap too, so what the hell…

Some good info on Ribose Supplementation

pponline.co.uk/encyc/ribose.html

One thing they didn’t study is the difference between creatine supplementation vs. creatine + ribose supplementation. I think that is where you really see the benefits of ribose, in conjunction with creatine.

I’ve never taken it…so I cannot comment on actual results. Do you know of a biological reason why the ribose would help? Of course, in the real world it doesn’t really matter. Placebo or not, you’re getting a desired effect. Just for my curiosity. I don’t see how it’s helping you, creatine or not.

From what I’m reading, 100g will last only a few days up to maybe a week. How much were you planning to take?

Also, the improved recovery potential from ribose has to do with ATP generation, which I wouldn’t think would be a factor when you’ve got 10-60 minutes to recover anyway, and especially since your events are anaroebic. Even if ribose worked, and I’ve seen nothing to indicate that it would, it doesn’t seem like it is going to do anything useful for you based on your expectations.

Well it came in the mail today so there is no harm in trying it now. 100g = 45 servings @ 2.2g per serving. one serving pre-workout and one serving post-workout is the recommended dosage so i will stick with that. pairing it with 5g creatine post workout.

I will let you know if there is any noticable gains in recovery from set to set or even day to day in the weight room as well as in the pool.

I took it yrs ago, and really helped my workouts a lot.

I think a big part of the reason the Biotest Creatine & Ribose combo failed is that it was a liquid. Their claim to have figured out how to make an effective creatine liquid was hard to stomach, even for those of us who generally like their supplements and enjoy T-Nation.

Which reminds me that I just noticed that Methoxy-7 seems to have disappeared. I need to go look for a thread related to that…

Anyway, I’ve been meaning to try Ribose for awhile, so I hope to hear more about it.

[quote]The Laughing Hyena wrote:
I think a big part of the reason the Biotest Creatine & Ribose combo failed is that it was a liquid. Their claim to have figured out how to make an effective creatine liquid was hard to stomach, even for those of us who generally like their supplements and enjoy T-Nation. [/quote]

SKW Germany, one of the leading creatine authorities, certified that the creatine in Ribose-C was stable, so this wasn’t an issue.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
SKW Germany, one of the leading creatine authorities, certified that the creatine in Ribose-C was stable, so this wasn’t an issue.[/quote]

Ummm… I appreciate that there was an independent verification, but from comments I recall from other forums at the time, the liquid nature of the product was a very real issue. I think it would have sold a hell of a lot better had you guys packaged it as a power.

Maybe not, but that’s the impression I had at the time. And I’m one of the people who didn’t buy that stuff, but I do buy the micronized stuff you’re selling now.