Rib Reduction to Look Better?

Hello T-Nation readers, theres my question:

A pilates instructor told me that if i reduce the perimeter of my ribs under my chest, this allows me to a better performance via a better muscle recruitment in transversus abdominus, and a better protection to my spinal structure.

Other thing she told me, was that my back and my pecs will look wider.( not the bodybuilder look that i have and i like, with “short” muscular arms and very thick pecs )

Im a bodybuilder, and i dont want to reduce the size of my torax, plus I think the torax expansion give me a better leverage in the benchpress… what do you think…?

[quote]jab1581 wrote:
Hello T-Nation readers, theres my question:

A pilates instructor told me that if i reduce the perimeter of my ribs under my chest, this allows me to a better performance via a better muscle recruitment in transversus abdominus, and a better protection to my spinal structure.

Other thing she told me, was that my back and my pecs will look wider.( not the bodybuilder look that i have and i like, with “short” muscular arms and very thick pecs )

Im a bodybuilder, and i dont want to reduce the size of my torax, plus I think the torax expansion give me a better leverage in the benchpress… what do you think…?[/quote]

reduce w/ surgery?

well im guessing yes, and the only surgery concerning rib reduction that i’ve heard of was the kind tht allows you to (for lack of a better word) pleasure yourself orally. very disgusting IMO.

well duh yeah you will LOOK wider with a smaller ribcage, but you will be weaker and smaller in reality, just get bigger muscles.

this is ridiculous, you are taking bodybuilding advice from a female pilates instructor

I don’t like pilates. I’ve known women who tried it and never looked any better. Then they join a gym and what do you, they finally get in better shape. Just had to say that.

To the OP… your considering having surgery? Seems extreme to me but to each their own. I’ve never heard of this. You need to tell us more details. I find this interesting.

She’s a Pilates instructor, you’re a body builder…Uness you’re trying to get some action form her than you have no business speaking to her. She’ll lower your testosterone and give you bad advice.

No.

I say troll post…

She is going to give me a job as a pilates instructor and theres a lot of nice girls ( i need the money other wise i don’t like the method a i like my wide torax, i can bench over 320 pounds for reps at 170 lbs bodyweight)
i think the system is dull, it centers on pelvic stability an core function utilizing
only the 30% of body strength mainly from inner abdominal region, but i think its OK for normal people who don’t want to work out…

She thinks is going to move the ribs inward
in a mechanical manner…with pilates breathing
techniques "… in the capacitation classes she insist that i must drive my ribs in… (I think she is nuts)…she also told me that she reduced the thorax of a dancer from 110 cm to 100 cm and now he looks wider and his shirt don,t fit anymore…

What Poliquin, Thibaudeau and others experts will advice at respect…?

theres and old picture of mine at 154 lbs at 5.7 height( from six years ago…)

sorry, at that picture its from 2006 and i was 165 lbs…
this is the old picture…

[quote]Rst wrote:
I say troll post…[/quote]

I second that!

[quote]jab1581 wrote:
she also told me that she reduced the thorax of a dancer from 110 cm to 100 cm and now he looks wider and his shirt don,t fit anymore…
quote]

Okay. How the supposed reduction made his shirt not fit anymore? It’s illogical.
Second - the musculature of the ribs is auxiliary in breathing and posture.
I dont see how removing something that nature gave to you will make you more efficient in the gym.

Okay. How the supposed reduction made his shirt not fit anymore? It’s illogical.
I dont see how removing something that nature gave to you will make you more efficient in the gym.

so… the issue isn’t a SURGURY reduction… but a change in the position/appearance of muscles through pilates breathing?

Sounds weird. Try it. If it doesn’t work, stop doing it.

Although, it kinda sounds like you’re already skeptical and don’t want to do it. So don’t do it.

Answer without answering, eh?

Stick it in her pooper.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Stick it in her pooper.[/quote]

If you pull out and see something thats not supposed to be there, stick it back in, slap her ass, then pull out. The sphincter will tighten up causing a squeegee effect, leaving your anatomy clean. This technique is known as the “slap squeegee”

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1502695

[quote]irongutted wrote:

jab1581 wrote:
she also told me that she reduced the thorax of a dancer from 110 cm to 100 cm and now he looks wider and his shirt don,t fit anymore…

[/quote]

it don’t fit anymore cos now it baggy.

[quote]Hagar wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Stick it in her pooper.

If you pull out and see something thats not supposed to be there, stick it back in, slap her ass, then pull out. The sphincter will tighten up causing a squeegee effect, leaving your anatomy clean. This technique is known as the “slap squeegee” [/quote]

HAHAHA thats awesome advice dude!!

Stupidest question ever…