T Nation

RGIII Apparently Isn't Black Enough

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/video-espn-rob-parker-says-ridiculous-things-rg3-195448822--nfl.html

Or whatever that even means.

How is this news? This isn’t even out of line. More like out of date. The announcer likely grew up in the 70’s. I can understand why he thinks like that and also why many younger wouldn’t today. I wouldn’t exactly call this “offensive” except to other black people who may be perceived as “sell outs” by people from similar backgrounds.

I am sure some might say that about me if they didn’t jump to conclusions based on my appearance first.

I am not sure why this is news.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I am not sure why this is news.
[/quote]

Because it shows the idiocy of the grievance race hustlers.

In short, the QB not “black” because he’s a Republican.

Reminds me of the race-hustlers that didn’t want Col. Allen West in the Congressional Black Caucus because he is a Republican.

Had they called him an Uncle Tom, it would be complete.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

Reminds me of the race-hustlers that didn’t want Col. Allen West in the Congressional Black Caucus because he is a Republican.[/quote]

He’s also real dumb though. That could be a factor.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

What would have happened if a white guy said this? There is no denying that the fallout would have been much worse.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

Reminds me of the race-hustlers that didn’t want Col. Allen West in the Congressional Black Caucus because he is a Republican.[/quote]

He’s also real dumb though. That could be a factor.[/quote]

What makes you say that?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
So, like, I grew up in a housing project with almost all black friends.

I pretty much walked, talked and acted just like my friends.

Does that make me, like, (almost) black?[/quote]

It’s complicated.

Does RGIII get treated like he’s white? If you, a honky ass white boy grew up in a bad neighborhood and dressed a certain way, would you be treated a certain way? I’m sure you would…

But you could just change your clothes and bam, your a honky ass white boy again, and that is how you get treated… You get white privilege whether you admit it or not, it’s a great perk to have and I don’t hate those that get it.

Can RGIII change his skin color and enjoy white privilege? Nope.

I was told I need to brush up on my history here on a point about the military, I actually may know more about the subject than the person who corrected me did, so I’ll just say this…

The black community once voted for the Republican party unanimously, being black, at one point meant you voted Republican… That changed, and your party can’t even agree about why it happened haha! You folks need to take a really good look at yourselves, your policies, what your politicians say, and what you allow your base to say without correcting them. I’ll tell you this, when a racist ol bitty gets microphone time, says some racist shit and nobody corrects her?

Alarm bells, firetrucks, the national guard should arrive to shut her the fuck up, and somebody should correct… When we see people getting crucified by your party like Huma Abedein and Susan Rice… I mean, the party is known for going after minority women now haha. If that isn’t racism and sexism, I don’t know what is.

Party needs to embrace the Frederich Douglass of your history and actually start giving a shit about people other than yourselves again.

[quote]Severiano wrote:

Does RGIII get treated like he’s white? If you, a honky ass white boy grew up in a bad neighborhood and dressed a certain way, would you be treated a certain way? I’m sure you would…

But you could just change your clothes and bam, your a honky ass white boy again, and that is how you get treated… You get white privilege whether you admit it or not, it’s a great perk to have and I don’t hate those that get it.

Can RGIII change his skin color and enjoy white privilege? Nope.

[/quote]

White privilege? LOL. Can a white guy change his skin colour and get preferential admittance to university?

The national guard should be used to infringe conservatives’ first amendment rights? You liberal fascists are fucking hilarious.

So Huma Abedein was targeted because she’s a muslim? Not because her immediate family are members of a terrorist group? And Susan Rice was rejected because she’s a black woman? Not because of her deliberate deception over the Benghazi attack? You’re an idiot.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

Does RGIII get treated like he’s white? If you, a honky ass white boy grew up in a bad neighborhood and dressed a certain way, would you be treated a certain way? I’m sure you would…

But you could just change your clothes and bam, your a honky ass white boy again, and that is how you get treated… You get white privilege whether you admit it or not, it’s a great perk to have and I don’t hate those that get it.

Can RGIII change his skin color and enjoy white privilege? Nope.

[/quote]

White privilege? LOL. Can a white guy change his skin colour and get preferential admittance to university?

The national guard should be used to infringe conservatives’ first amendment rights? You liberal fascists are fucking hilarious.

So Huma Abedein was targeted because she’s a muslim? Not because her immediate family are members of a terrorist group? And Susan Rice was rejected because she’s a black woman? Not because of her deliberate deception over the Benghazi attack? You’re an idiot.[/quote]

Hah! You don’t believe white Privilege is a reality? :smiley:

How cute!

When I say, call the national guard, I’m saying get off your ass and do something about it. You guys sit on your thumbs and spin around, then suck your thumbs and turn a blind eye when your base goes and says something retarded. I don’t mean call the national guard literally, I’m talking about correcting your base with some urgency, rather than sucking on your home made tootsie roll while your base makes your entirety look like a bunch of klansmen.

As for the Benghazi attack, who knows who is to blame? All I know is the only thing Rice was in this case was the messenger, and your retarded asses pinned every last bit of blame on her like the geniuses you are, when you should be exploring who is really responsible for the decision making in terms of what information is made available to share, like the CIA and the POTUS. If Rice had shared information that she was privy to, but not cleared to share, then she would be a traitor, no better than a spy. End of the day, you shot a little tiny messenger, who happened to be a very intelligent, qualified black woman who want’s to do nothing more than serve the country in an honorable way… Your party took that away from her, good job. In reality, it’s probably just McCain taking the pound of flesh from Obama now that he finally has an opportunity to do it, and get away with it. It’s too bad.

As for Huma Abedein, it’s blatant racism if you know anything about her, or her life, who she’s married to. The accusations put her, and her families life in danger. If Bachman had a real problem with Abedein’s status, she could have kept it hush as most internal efforts are rather than airing it out like some sort of fake ass Homeland episode.

So yeah… That is the perception from many people that are connected to politics and world events differently than you. It just turns out that, you still see the world from a 1950’s perspective while the rest of us moved on. Or, maybe you just don’t think things through enough to actually make sense of them.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
How is this news? This isn’t even out of line. More like out of date. The announcer likely grew up in the 70’s. I can understand why he thinks like that and also why many younger wouldn’t today. I wouldn’t exactly call this “offensive” except to other black people who may be perceived as “sell outs” by people from similar backgrounds.

I am sure some might say that about me if they didn’t jump to conclusions based on my appearance first.

I am not sure why this is news.
[/quote]

X I am surprised that you don’t find this offensive. I feel it marginalizes and pigeonholes what it is to be a Black person in America, or as he put it “down with the cause.” Thomas is simply implying what many other racist and prejudiced people perceive a Black person to be about. He’s not Black because he may be a republican? Greg Anthony is a republican I don’t see Thomas questioning his blackness. Charles Barkley married a White Woman, that makes him a “cornball brother?” Its almost as if this guy is saying your not a real brother unless you uphold certain racial stereotypes that what seems to me as part of a plight that Black people on a whole have fought to get away from such notions.

[quote]Severiano wrote:

When I say, call the national guard, I’m saying get off your ass and do something about it. You guys sit on your thumbs and spin around, then suck your thumbs and turn a blind eye when your base goes and says something retarded. I don’t mean call the national guard literally, I’m talking about correcting your base with some urgency, rather than sucking on your home made tootsie roll while your base makes your entirety look like a bunch of klansmen.

[/quote]

Oh I see. So when you said the national guard should be used to silence conservatives what you really meant was something completely different. Right…

She lied numerous times claiming the attack was a spontaneous demonstration against a video. She’s not fit to hold office. No one suggested she should share information that she was privy to. That’s just a red herring.

Blatant racism? LOL. I think it’s you who doesn’t know anything about her life. Her immediate family are members of a terrorist group dedicated to destroying the U.S. Doesn’t that mean anything to you? How can you ignore something like that and claim racism?

Actually no, she couldn’t have kept it hush because no one would’ve done anything. They still haven’t. How did the accusations 'put her, and her familys life in danger?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:
So, like, I grew up in a housing project with almost all black friends.

I pretty much walked, talked and acted just like my friends.

Does that make me, like, (almost) black?[/quote]

It’s complicated.

Does RGIII get treated like he’s white? If you, a honky ass white boy grew up in a bad neighborhood and dressed a certain way, would you be treated a certain way? I’m sure you would…

But you could just change your clothes and bam, your a honky ass white boy again, and that is how you get treated… You get white privilege whether you admit it or not, it’s a great perk to have and I don’t hate those that get it.

Can RGIII change his skin color and enjoy white privilege? Nope.

I was told I need to brush up on my history here on a point about the military, I actually may know more about the subject than the person who corrected me did, so I’ll just say this…

The black community once voted for the Republican party unanimously, being black, at one point meant you voted Republican… That changed, and your party can’t even agree about why it happened haha! You folks need to take a really good look at yourselves, your policies, what your politicians say, and what you allow your base to say without correcting them. I’ll tell you this, when a racist ol bitty gets microphone time, says some racist shit and nobody corrects her?

Alarm bells, firetrucks, the national guard should arrive to shut her the fuck up, and somebody should correct… When we see people getting crucified by your party like Huma Abedein and Susan Rice… I mean, the party is known for going after minority women now haha. If that isn’t racism and sexism, I don’t know what is.

Party needs to embrace the Frederich Douglass of your history and actually start giving a shit about people other than yourselves again.
[/quote]
“Honky ass white boy?”

Tell me, sir, what’s the equivalent racial slur that I should call you?

As for the rest of what you apparently vomited onto the screen, well, no idea what it has to do with me.

But I hope you feel better.[/quote]

If that really offended you, then I’m sorry, that wasn’t the intention. I was just summoning up some George Jefferson. You cracka ass cracka!

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

When I say, call the national guard, I’m saying get off your ass and do something about it. You guys sit on your thumbs and spin around, then suck your thumbs and turn a blind eye when your base goes and says something retarded. I don’t mean call the national guard literally, I’m talking about correcting your base with some urgency, rather than sucking on your home made tootsie roll while your base makes your entirety look like a bunch of klansmen.

[/quote]

Oh I see. So when you said the national guard should be used to silence conservatives what you really meant was something completely different. Right…

She lied numerous times claiming the attack was a spontaneous demonstration against a video. She’s not fit to hold office. No one suggested she should share information that she was privy to. That’s just a red herring.

Blatant racism? LOL. I think it’s you who doesn’t know anything about her life. Her immediate family are members of a terrorist group dedicated to destroying the U.S. Doesn’t that mean anything to you? How can you ignore something like that and claim racism?

Actually no, she couldn’t have kept it hush because no one would’ve done anything. They still haven’t. How did the accusations 'put her, and her familys life in danger?[/quote]

You really think I want the national guard to run around and shut people up? :slight_smile: I think that’s cute too. There is such a thing as doing things with urgency and intention, and sitting on your ass and letting things go.

The information Rice shared was what she was briefed to share. If I had a top secret clearance and was given the truth, and then instructed to give out classified information which I knew was a lie by the president for security purposes, I would give out the classified information as well. That’s how things work. Sometimes you are privy to certain intel that isn’t supposed to be shared openly like that because it puts people’s lives in danger or causes panic, or some other reason that we may not know. She was nothing but a messenger, McCain is a spiteful dude, he felt he was wronged and slighted by both Obama and Rice, so he took his revenge… That’s really what happened. If I were attached to the Marine Unit that was just a short run away, I would be furious about the situation as well, but I wouldn’t blame the messenger.

As for Abedein, she is next to Hillary fucking Clinton. Do you have any idea how scrutinized her history already must have been for her to even make it into a situation where she qualifies for even a classified security clearance? I’ll just stop… If Bachman had issue, and really was worried Abedein was a terrorist spy (REDICULOUS) things could have, and would have been taken care of without us even knowing until she was already taken care of, at which point the media would have been informed, THEN we would have found out. But, maybe you are onto something, mighty Michelle Bachman, national security extraordinaire, 007 SEAL hybrid mom republican bald eagle politician’s hunch is better than the screening and background checking that is already done. Have you ever had a security clearance?

Right. I’ll just stop now.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Severiano wrote:

The information Rice shared was what she was briefed to share. If I had a top secret clearance and was given the truth, and then instructed to give out classified information which I knew was a lie by the president for security purposes, I would give out the classified information as well. That’s how things work.

[/quote]

She lied for security reasons? LOL. Yeah Obama is real concerned with security. Just ask the ambassador to Libya or the people who tried to save him.

Ah…that was the whole point of Bachmann’s letter. She hasn’t been scrutinized in any way whatsoever.

Why is that ridiculous? Do you know how many Nazi spies infiltrated the US government in the 30’s?

No they couldn’t and I explained why. No one was interested. Not even McCain.

[quote]

But, maybe you are onto something, mighty Michelle Bachman, national security extraordinaire, 007 SEAL hybrid mom republican bald eagle politician’s hunch is better than the screening and background checking that is already done. Have you ever had a security clearance?

Right. I’ll just stop now. [/quote]

You’re an idiot. Nidal Malik Hasan had high level security clearance so they’re obviously in the habit of overlooking things aren’t they? After all, it would be racist to reject someone’s security clearance just because they and their family are members of a terrorist organisation.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
How is this news? This isn’t even out of line. More like out of date. The announcer likely grew up in the 70’s. I can understand why he thinks like that and also why many younger wouldn’t today. I wouldn’t exactly call this “offensive” except to other black people who may be perceived as “sell outs” by people from similar backgrounds.

I am sure some might say that about me if they didn’t jump to conclusions based on my appearance first.

I am not sure why this is news.
[/quote]

X I am surprised that you don’t find this offensive. I feel it marginalizes and pigeonholes what it is to be a Black person in America, or as he put it “down with the cause.” Thomas is simply implying what many other racist and prejudiced people perceive a Black person to be about. He’s not Black because he may be a republican? Greg Anthony is a republican I don’t see Thomas questioning his blackness. Charles Barkley married a White Woman, that makes him a “cornball brother?” Its almost as if this guy is saying your not a real brother unless you uphold certain racial stereotypes that what seems to me as part of a plight that Black people on a whole have fought to get away from such notions.[/quote]

Did I miss something or did Barker ONLY ask a question? He alluded to things that could lead to it but he said I’m wondering. I only saw 2 minute clip but I don’t see anything so offensive. Better to bring it up now then find out later we have another Tiger Woods who comes flat out and say I’m not black.