RFID Chip

Mainly the part about human implants.

I just heard about the RFID chip for the first time.

For those that believe in the bible, what are your thoughts about this being the “mark of the beast?”

Will you accept the implant?

Do you think it will be required in the future?

Any thoughts?

I can’t believe this shit is for real. I havent heard anything about it until a few days ago and I sure as fuck don’t want one.

Prices for RFID tags are still not in the cents range to integrate them on just about every item, but it’s getting there. It would be cool to not have to empty your shopping cart at the cashier’s. Your milk carton would be able to tell you (or anyone ready to listen) when it’s gone bad. Humidity and temperature sensors would ensure that your Flameout shipment wasn’t left for days in the sun. Imagine also disposable, light weight, dirt cheap and environmental-friendly versions of electronic circuits.

That’s a vision not even a decade away. Printed (as in “inkjet printer”) electronics and conducting polymers are making advances by the day.

The technology behind RFIDs is a century old, so it’s hardly news. The UK was seriously considering implanting a million prisoners a couple of weeks ago.

Given the current trend, I don’t think it will take more a terrorist attack to get a Hillary or McCain to pass a Patriot Act on 'roids which would require all Americans/all people entering America/all newborns to get RFID implants. Heck, they could even get you to bend over and anal probe you provided the attack is large enough. As for Europeans…well, they bent over long ago…

In closing, I give you two words: Tinfoil hats.

My passport has one.

Lixy, while I do hate you, I agree with you to an extent. What is Islams stance on end times? Is there such a thing as the “mark of the beast” in the Koran or any mention of it in any other Islamic writings? I has to take my fucking dog to get a chip implanted so I figure its only a matter of time.

Everyone knows Ronald Reagan was the Mark of the Beast personified. Ronald Wilson Reagan…6 letters for first, middle, and last name. He used to live at 666 St. Cloud Road in Bel Air, LA. Nancy had it changed to 668.

Come on, get with the mainstream view.

Dude, Gorbachev scared the shit out of me. That red thing on his head…the mark of the beast!!

Not that I’m aware of.

Never.

Edit: I figure I should expand. Yes, this will eventually become mandatory. It will begin with the sex offenders; for who will speak in their defense? Then it will be implanted into all felons entering the prison system. Shortly thereafter it will be put into members of the military. Hell, if you could get it taken out after you EAS I would even be in support of it. Then there will be tax breaks to those that get them in their children. Finally it will be impossible for us to get along in everyday activities (such as getting on an airplane) without one.

And Americans will accept it. They will accept it out of fear of the terrorists and they will accept it for the convenience it will bring to their life.

I do have a concern here though. I will never take an RFID chip. Never. You will have to kill me beforehand. But as the technology advances, how do we as citizens compete with bionic men? On one hand I fear the tech, but on the other I recognize that if you fail to embrace science then you may as well relegate your culture to extinction or accept your life and liberty to be at the whim of your masters.

mike

While I’m sure the use of RFID will eventually become widespread, I’m not sure about the “implanting” part… If you ever need to update or upgrade the part, you have to open up the entire population.

For tracking purposes, “they” probably don’t even need to implant anything. Wal-Mart has been pushing hard these past years to have all their suppliers incorporate RFID chips into everything they manufacture. That would immensely simplify inventory control for them. The problem is that once you’re purchased one of these goods, it carries with it the RFID tag forever. It’s not really important that you have a personal tag if the tags in your shoes, socks, pants, underwear and shirt constitute a unique combination that can be tracked easily.

Note also that if you’re carrying a cellphone around, you’re already giving the authorities more tracking capabilities than an RFID chip ever would. Yes, you can drop the cell phone if you want; you could also wrap your arm in tinfoil. Common RFID tags are passive devices, they have no power source. They only send out information at very short range after being “energized” by a scanning device… anything that blocks radio frequencies (RF) will interfere with their use. Their range is a few feet. There are also active tags, but those are much larger and have a battery that needs replacing; not something that you’d implant in 300,000,000 people.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Never.

Edit: I figure I should expand. Yes, this will eventually become mandatory. It will begin with the sex offenders; for who will speak in their defense? Then it will be implanted into all felons entering the prison system. Shortly thereafter it will be put into members of the military. Hell, if you could get it taken out after you EAS I would even be in support of it. Then there will be tax breaks to those that get them in their children. Finally it will be impossible for us to get along in everyday activities (such as getting on an airplane) without one.

And Americans will accept it. They will accept it out of fear of the terrorists and they will accept it for the convenience it will bring to their life.

I do have a concern here though. I will never take an RFID chip. Never. You will have to kill me beforehand. But as the technology advances, how do we as citizens compete with bionic men? On one hand I fear the tech, but on the other I recognize that if you fail to embrace science then you may as well relegate your culture to extinction or accept your life and liberty to be at the whim of your masters.

mike[/quote]

I share your sentiments Mike. To me, this seems horrible. Sure they can justify it with sex offenders, and the whole of the country would nod in agreement. But this is just horrible. It reminds me of the youtube I posted in jest, from the movie idiocracy. I would like to know what you mean by ‘bionic men’…I’m sure youre no luddite…its just your last words that confused me.

[quote]pookie wrote:

For tracking purposes, “they” probably don’t even need to implant anything. Wal-Mart has been pushing hard these past years to have all their suppliers incorporate RFID chips into everything they manufacture. That would immensely simplify inventory control for them. The problem is that once you’re purchased one of these goods, it carries with it the RFID tag forever. It’s not really important that you have a personal tag if the tags in your shoes, socks, pants, underwear and shirt constitute a unique combination that can be tracked easily.

[/quote]

Good thing I don’t shop at Wal Mart.

[quote]pookie wrote:
While I’m sure the use of RFID will eventually become widespread, I’m not sure about the “implanting” part… If you ever need to update or upgrade the part, you have to open up the entire population. [/quote]

Not really. Reprogrammable RFIDs are already widespread. Plus, “open up” is a very deceptive term to use here. By the time another major terrorist attack takes place on American soil and the legislation passes, the tags will be so small that they would be on the micrometer range. Although, the antennas would be a bit of a challenge to build with nanotubes or similar technology. Eventually, they can even make those babies biodegradable and sneak in the injection with some vaccines.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:

Good thing I don’t shop at Wal Mart.[/quote]

Unfortunately, once their suppliers comply, it won’t matter where you buy the goods, the RFID tag will be included.

They are giving pets cancer.

[quote]pookie wrote:
While I’m sure the use of RFID will eventually become widespread, I’m not sure about the “implanting” part… If you ever need to update or upgrade the part, you have to open up the entire population.

Note also that if you’re carrying a cellphone around, you’re already giving the authorities more tracking capabilities than an RFID chip ever would. Yes, you can drop the cell phone if you want; you could also wrap your arm in tinfoil. Common RFID tags are passive devices, they have no power source. They only send out information at very short range after being “energized” by a scanning device… anything that blocks radio frequencies (RF) will interfere with their use. Their range is a few feet. There are also active tags, but those are much larger and have a battery that needs replacing; not something that you’d implant in 300,000,000 people.
[/quote]

Thanks, Pookie! This was a very informative post!

[quote]pookie wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:

Unfortunately, once their suppliers comply, it won’t matter where you buy the goods, the RFID tag will be included.
[/quote]

If a technology can be abused, it will be. If tracking people becomes this easy, then you can bet it’ll be done. The era of privacy is basically over.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
pookie wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:

If a technology can be abused, it will be. If tracking people becomes this easy, then you can bet it’ll be done. The era of privacy is basically over.

[/quote]

When did it ever exist?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Not really. Reprogrammable RFIDs are already widespread. Plus, “open up” is a very deceptive term to use here. By the time another major terrorist attack takes place on American soil and the legislation passes, the tags will be so small that they would be on the micrometer range. Although, the antennas would be a bit of a challenge to build with nanotubes or similar technology. Eventually, they can even make those babies biodegradable and sneak in the injection with some vaccines.[/quote]

I don’t remember clearly, but I seem to recall that there was some “minimal size” you could go before you can’t receive RF signals anymore. I’ve long forgotten my antenna physics formula… maybe someone here can clear that up.

The “sneaking it in the vaccines” part is more fiction than science I think… sounds like something jlesk would post. If it ever becomes feasible though, imagine the antivaxers then.

A lot of people who get alarmed at the thought of an RFID implant routinely carry cell phones, use credit cards, have automatic toll cards in their car, etc. without a second thought.

I think it’s the “implanting” part that grabs the imagination. Personally, I think we’re much more likely to see it embedded in some ID card or driver’s license. They could even put some in coins and dollars as an anti-counterfeiting measure.

There are tons of ways to outfit people with RFID tags without alarming anyone… I don’t see why they should risk a privacy backlash from the population by insisting on implanting.

In fact if anything adjusts tinfoil hat talking about IMPLANTS and INJECTIONS and CHIPS actually helps to keep people more complacent against those outlandish science fiction ideas, so they conveniently put it to bed in their minds forgetting that hundreds of other ways exist to achieve essentially the same result.