REZ-V = Trans-Resveratrol?

What is the difference, if any, between the highly pure resveratrol in REZ-V and trans-resveratrol I see listed as and ingrediant to some grape extract poducts? Is it the same substance just a shorter name?

If not does trans-resveratrol have a different application?

According to wikipedia, it’s the same substance.

In the article about resveratrol, trans-resveratrol is listed under “other names”.

Good, I don;t want to be missing out on any benefits!

[quote]bknieriem wrote:
Good, I don;t want to be missing out on any benefits![/quote]

If you really want it to be absorbed better, try taking some Rez-v with a serving of red grapes. I’ve been doing this lately and I’ve really been noticing the difference.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
bknieriem wrote:

If you really want it to be absorbed better, try taking some Rez-v with a servign of red grapes. I’ve been doing this lately and I’ve really been noticing the difference.[/quote]

What difference(s) are you noticing and how much of a diference?

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
bknieriem wrote:

If you really want it to be absorbed better, try taking some Rez-v with a servign of red grapes. I’ve been doing this lately and I’ve really been noticing the difference.

What difference(s) are you noticing and how much of a diference?[/quote]

Well, right now I’m cutting, and I’ve noticed that it has helped with fat loss and faster recovery- I hurt my shoulder and it has healed quickly. My energy levels have gone up too. The only thing I’ve been doing is taking it with organic red grapes.

I’m a firm believer that even vitamin supplements aren’t as effective as the real deal since the vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants in fruit work together and can be more effective than just isolated extracts alone.

This is an awesome product. I take one everyday, first thing in the morning, and it gives me a little kick, to power me through the morning. The wide ranging health benefits make it well worth the cost.

[quote]SLERG wrote:
This is an awesome product. I take one everyday, first thing in the morning, and it gives me a little kick, to power me through the morning. The wide ranging health benefits make it well worth the cost.[/quote]

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t REZ-V only effective if two-three caps are taken at once so that they overpower the enzymes in your digestive system that would otherwise render the REZ-V insignificant?

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
itsthetimman wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
bknieriem wrote:

If you really want it to be absorbed better, try taking some Rez-v with a servign of red grapes. I’ve been doing this lately and I’ve really been noticing the difference.

What difference(s) are you noticing and how much of a diference?

Well, right now I’m cutting, and I’ve noticed that it has helped with fat loss and faster recovery- I hurt my shoulder and it has healed quickly. My energy levels have gone up too. The only thing I’ve been doing is taking it with organic red grapes.

I’m a firm believer that even vitamin supplements aren’t as effective as the real deal since the vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants in fruit work together and can be more effective than just isolated extracts alone. [/quote]

Interesting observations.

[quote]abominabelsnoman wrote:
SLERG wrote:
This is an awesome product. I take one everyday, first thing in the morning, and it gives me a little kick, to power me through the morning. The wide ranging health benefits make it well worth the cost.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t REZ-V only effective if two-three caps are taken at once so that they overpower the enzymes in your digestive system that would otherwise render the REZ-V insignificant?[/quote]

I believe that the reason you take 3 at a time is to occupy a great number of estrogen receptor sites. 100mg (the amount in 1 pill) is WAY beyond that in a glass of wine(like 25 times the amount), and that is reported to have benefits.

What if you took the REV-Z with a glass of red wine? Sounds just as good as taking it with grapes no? Also, I heard that the benefits of REV-Z was effective in mice and that the effective dosage amount was unknown in humans. I’m still trying to find the article where I read that. Personally, I haven’t noticed anything from taking it and I’ve been taking three every morning for almost three months straight. Any others with the same experience?

Don’t like to chime in when it comes to supps. ssoooo much contreversy, but-
Roger Mason, who i respect, and is not impressed by resveratrol.

Grape skins were fed to pigs and used for fertilizer until someone came up with the idea to sell it to humans.
life extension-(who i think is quite a ripoff) sells 60x20mg for $32, raw material cost .60cents.

If one believes in natural healing, and food over supps. he may be a worthwhile read.

Easy guys, just conveying his opinion as i have no knowledge on the subject.

[quote]808fightconcepts wrote:
What if you took the REV-Z with a glass of red wine? Sounds just as good as taking it with grapes no? Also, I heard that the benefits of REV-Z was effective in mice and that the effective dosage amount was unknown in humans. I’m still trying to find the article where I read that. Personally, I haven’t noticed anything from taking it and I’ve been taking three every morning for almost three months straight. Any others with the same experience?[/quote]

I took it for 26 days straight and noticed that my desire for sex was a bit less. Now that could have been a coincidence, but I didn’t take any chances. I stopped taking it and I’m back to normal. Other than that I noticed no difference at all.

[quote]mike59 wrote:
Don’t like to chime in when it comes to supps. ssoooo much contreversy, but-
Roger Mason, who i respect, and is not impressed by resveratrol.

Grape skins were fed to pigs and used for fertilizer until someone came up with the idea to sell it to humans.
life extension-(who i think is quite a ripoff) sells 60x20mg for $32, raw material cost .60cents.

If one believes in natural healing, and food over supps. he may be a worthwhile read.

Easy guys, just conveying his opinion as i have no knowledge on the subject.[/quote]

I like Mason. He wrote a book: “Testosterone Is Your Friend.”

Is Resveratrol a phytoestrogen that occupies estrogen receptor sites to block real estrogen? Isn’t soy a phytoestrogen too? I’m confused as to why soy is considered a bad phytoestrogen but resveratrol is considered a good phytoestrogen. I may have this all wrong though, I am kind of confused.

On how much the mice were given in the study, which is ridiculous for humans to take as it’d be a bottle of Rez-V a day.

The metabolic effect of RSV was initially evaluated in a cohort of male C57Bl/6J mice that were given a dose of 200 or 400 mg/kg/day (mpk) of RSV administered in either a chow diet or high fat (HF) diet for 15 weeks

[quote]nbruno181 wrote:
Is Resveratrol a phytoestrogen that occupies estrogen receptor sites to block real estrogen? Isn’t soy a phytoestrogen too? I’m confused as to why soy is considered a bad phytoestrogen but resveratrol is considered a good phytoestrogen. I may have this all wrong though, I am kind of confused.[/quote]

Roger Masons take-a realistic way to get benefits of soy is to take isoflavone supps., 40mg. doses. these are “flavones” not phytoestrogens.
hormones are only made in animals, not plants. flavones are plant pigments.
human estrogen receptors are extremely selective and will not accept anything other than some analog of estrogen.

[quote]nbruno181 wrote:
Is Resveratrol a phytoestrogen that occupies estrogen receptor sites to block real estrogen? Isn’t soy a phytoestrogen too? I’m confused as to why soy is considered a bad phytoestrogen but resveratrol is considered a good phytoestrogen. I may have this all wrong though, I am kind of confused.[/quote]

Well, although resveratrol has a chemical structure similar to phytoestrogens, I’ve yet to see any studies claiming it is a phytoestrogen.

Also, back on the original question of the article, trans-resveratrol, is the trans-isomer, which can undergo isomerisation to the cis isomer when exposed to heat, according to wikipedia.

Roger Mason is beginning to sound like a bit of an Internet nutbar…

I mean, it is great that he wants to think for himself, and that historically nobody had researched resveratrol, but that is no longer the case.

It’s also strange to play word games with the definition of hormones to attempt to show that plants cannot produce mimetic effects.

Maybe you should widen your sources a bit and spend some time reading PubMed?

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
On how much the mice were given in the study, which is ridiculous for humans to take as it’d be a bottle of Rez-V a day.

The metabolic effect of RSV was initially evaluated in a cohort of male C57Bl/6J mice that were given a dose of 200 or 400 mg/kg/day (mpk) of RSV administered in either a chow diet or high fat (HF) diet for 15 weeks

I read that study as well, and after reading it, I had the same feelings.

I’ve been taking Rez-V for some time now, and honestly, I don’t feel anything. I thought I felt something when I first started taking it, but it turned out not to be the case.

I do think it may have some effect on health and the ability to fight off colds. One thing that I have noticed is that I seem to recover rather fast from colds. I’ve also noticed people around me getting sick yet I was free of any of the symptoms.

So, what it comes down to me now is whether or not Rez-V is worth taking simply for health effects. I’m convinced that the estrogen blocking effects are minimal at best, and personally, 6-OXO seems to be a better fit for that catagory. For the cost, at 3 tabs a day, I don’t think it’s quite worth the money, but if one can have the same health effects on 1 tab a day, it may be worth including, at least for me because being healthy and not missing workouts is extremely important.