Revolution is My Name

[quote]Oleena wrote:
Wow you have really progressed (I’ve read quite a bit of your thread)!
[/quote]

Thanks Oleena! Blood, sweat and tears :slight_smile:

More tears now that I have to start running again…ugh.

Maybe once I move to Cali and it’s actually warm, I can find some nice running trails and get back to actually enjoying it. I dunno…we’ll have to see :slight_smile:

[quote]Court wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
Court wrote:
PS. I wore my new hightop pink chucks today.

Pics or it didn’t happen! :slight_smile:

Ouro can confirm tomorrow. Or maybe I’ll take a pic for ya then ;)[/quote]

Preferably an action shot. :slight_smile:

I didn’t wear the shoes today… I was doing upper body, so decided I didn’t need flat shoes. The gym also looked like a tornado struck it - DBs everywhere, but of course nothing you could find…

5 min warm up - Eliptical
Shit ton of rolling
Shit ton of mobility
Shoulder focused pre-hab

Training again consisted of keeping rest times to what I needed only.
A1. Flat Bench DB Press
20x5x1
40x3x3
30x3x5 → 35 would have been best, but they had disappeared

B1. Incline DB Flies - 12.5x10x3
B2. Med Grip Pulldowns - 70x10x3

C1. Close Grip Flat Bench - 70x8x3
C2. Hammer Curls - 15x8x3

Still feeling super weak. Combo of still hurting, not having trained for 2 weeks, it being my weakest point in my cycle and the fact I have had major problems sleeping since getting back from Cali (ie. even taking drugs, still only getting max 6 hours).

[quote]Court wrote:

Shit ton of rolling
[/quote]

So what muscles are you working rolling around on the floor with your giant blue super absorbent tampon?

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Court wrote:

Shit ton of rolling

So what muscles are you working rolling around on the floor with your giant blue super absorbent tampon?[/quote]

Hahahah I forgot about that douchebag while writing…

SO… for everyone that isn’t Ouro that hasn’t heard the story…

I was rolling over where all the stretching mats are. People also do all their work on their hawt abz there. Anyways, a guy was doing hyperextensions (holding a 2.5lb plate because that’s really making it so much more difficult). I was rolling and grimacing. He says to me “So what muscles does that work?” I reply “It’s just soft tissue work”. He says “No I mean like does it work out your abs, your back? What?”.

I just gave him a look (let’s be honest - probably a dirty one) and continued rolling around on my giant blue dildo (or super absorbent tampon… whatever you think it looks like more).

I just got home from volleyball. I need to get my nutrition back on track and start drinking more water. I had zero energy. I did however manage to take a super hard hit directly in the side of my face.

At least I turned enough that it didn’t pack me right in the nose, but it fucking hurt! It went off my face and back over to their side, but the guy that hit it had already come over to our side to see if I was okay (I was lying a little stunned on the ground). We got the point :slight_smile:

[quote]Court wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
Court wrote:

Shit ton of rolling

So what muscles are you working rolling around on the floor with your giant blue super absorbent tampon?

Hahahah I forgot about that douchebag while writing…

SO… for everyone that isn’t Ouro that hasn’t heard the story…

I was rolling over where all the stretching mats are. People also do all their work on their hawt abz there. Anyways, a guy was doing hyperextensions (holding a 2.5lb plate because that’s really making it so much more difficult).

I was rolling and grimacing. He says to me “So what muscles does that work?” I reply “It’s just soft tissue work”. He says “No I mean like does it work out your abs, your back? What?”.

I just gave him a look (let’s be honest - probably a dirty one) and continued rolling around on my giant blue dildo (or super absorbent tampon… whatever you think it looks like more).

I just got home from volleyball. I need to get my nutrition back on track and start drinking more water. I had zero energy. I did however manage to take a super hard hit directly in the side of my face. At least I turned enough that it didn’t pack me right in the nose, but it fucking hurt!

It went off my face and back over to their side, but the guy that hit it had already come over to our side to see if I was okay (I was lying a little stunned on the ground). We got the point :)[/quote]

Dumb people have questions too, Court. You could have taken that guy under your wing and had him doing some real training.

And as far as your nutrition goes, those human sized waffles aren’t very healthy Court. Try pancakes next time. They give you wings.

I get hassled about foam rolling and or mobility work all the time…

I train at a ymca- very very pedestrian.

ps I like your work ethic.

kmc

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
I get hassled about foam rolling and or mobility work all the time…

I train at a ymca- very very pedestrian.

ps I like your work ethic.

kmc[/quote]

He actually thought it was something he should be doing to get sick abz or something though. I get weird looks all the time for everything I do. Rolling and mobility combined with PL gear and a general “I don’t give a shit” attitude makes for quite the experience.

I have been the crankiest bitch ever lately. Tired, impatient and just plain irritable. Little things that would generally just cause me to roll my eyes are currently making my blood boil and I’m envisioning throwing things (or people) out 20th floor windows.

My sleeping has still been shitty. Last night I got about 6-6.5 hours which is double what I got each of the previous two nights. There’s no apparent reason for it. But all of a sudden it’s time to go to bed and my mind is wide awake. Due to my lack of sleep, my productivity and focus at work has been atrocious. Not to mention that I look like shit and have the biggest bags under my eyes (this is when wearing glasses comes in handy!).

I’m going to the gym this evening to lift. It’s likely going to be a shitty session, but I’m going anyways. Maybe I’ll be able to shock my body into being tired at some point.

On a happier note, my brother’s 11th placed (out of 12) hockey team won their first round of playoffs last weekend against a team that has kicked their ass all season. My brother scored his first collegiate goal in the first of two games to tie it up in the 3rd period with hardly any time left. They went on to win in overtime. The won the following night as well, so didn’t have to play the 3rd game on Sunday (best 2 of 3).

Anywho, this weekend they play as close to my home as they will get (4ish hours) so I’m going to watch him. My parents are away with my youngest brother on some lacrosse week around the east coast (NJ, MD, etc) so I’m heading on my own. I’ll likely only get to see him after the games and maybe for breakfast on the Saturday, but it’ll still be worth it. Because they advanced he doesn’t get to come home this week for spring break, and I actually kind of miss him…

[quote]Court wrote:
I have been the crankiest bitch ever lately. [/quote]

I can vouch for that

[quote]Bartl wrote:
Court wrote:
I have been the crankiest bitch ever lately.

I can vouch for that

[/quote]

Dude, there’s a time to agree with them and a time to just shut up …and toast bagels!

So I skipped training last night. I just couldn’t drag my ass of the couch. I was freaking exhausted! My mom even delivered dinner to me on the couch :slight_smile: (I know that sounds super lazy, but she picked up Thai and we both ate on the couch).

I got another good night’s sleep… about 7 hours actually. I woke up feeling well rested and gasp in a good mood. That quickly ended when I got to work though. I had to go for a walk to refrain from punching a chick in the face. I’m moody and little things set me off, what can I say.

I realize I sound like a spoiled child, but I don’t care. I’m a consultant and given that it’s ‘generally expected’ that junior staff are at client sites, only managers and above get cubicles/offices assigned. Everyone else has to book through this ‘hotelling’ station. Well in my group, there are a few managers who have been on a very long term project and are never in the office. My last few projects have been with clients from other cities so for the most part, I’m in the office. Well I’ve been using one of the guy’s offices since last June (he even calls or emails me if he’s coming in so I can find another spot).

Recently the 2 other chicks at my staff level have been in the office more and so there’s a shortage of free workstations. I got to work even earlier than usual today and go to walk in the office and this chick is already in there. Not only that, but there is an empty office right across from it! Grrrr.

I realize I sound like such a whiner, so no comments on it please. I feel better having gotten it out. Oh - you thought this was my training log? No… it’s my training and therapy log.

Next time can you pm me and let me know if you’re going to surf the couch instead of go to the gym. I was going to train in Burlington last night since it’s closer to my office and I was going from work. However, after reading about your anger, I decided to opt for Upper James. I could have saved the gas after all.

Punch someone in the face. I think you’ll feel better. Or better yet, when you’re on the train, punch someone random in the back of the head and leave.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

Or better yet, when you’re on the train, punch someone random in the back of the head and leave.[/quote]

Whoa, whoa. Not a good option. I ride the same line as Court, you are putting my safety at risk here!

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

Or better yet, when you’re on the train, punch someone random in the back of the head and leave.

Whoa, whoa. Not a good option. I ride the same line as Court, you are putting my safety at risk here![/quote]

Sorry buddy. This is the time when you may have to take one for the team. Anyway, I’m sure you can take her.

Love ya Court.

Sike!

[quote]Sayjin wrote:
Sike![/quote]

Ya you better take back the loving me… Bartl will kick your ass!

A few things… you don’t arch and swing your back enough while doing it. Props for wearing the belt (even though it’s a dip belt). Also, kudos for the douchebaggery of having only one sleeve rolled up.

Too bad you’re still weak since the squat rack curlers at my gym use like 5lb’ers on each side!

[quote]Sayjin wrote:
Sike![/quote]

How cute are you? What the hell is around your waist though? Next time, do it from the rear so we can all appreciate the 8% bf backside. Just a request from your fan club.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Sayjin wrote:
Sike!

How cute are you? What the hell is around your waist though? Next time, do it from the rear so we can all appreciate the 8% bf backside. Just a request from your fan club.[/quote]

x2