T Nation

Revolution is My Name

[quote]Bartl wrote:
mom-in-MD wrote:
Sorry for all your pain Court :frowning:

I would rather hang out with hot women who like to lift heavy shit than hang with a bunch of swinging dicks whose strongest muscle is the mouth and it prolly isn’t from talking as much as they do either.[/quote]

Niiiiiice!! I think we just might be related; [b]very[/b] well put!!

[quote]Bartl wrote:
mom-in-MD wrote:

PS-Bartl- they are calling you out in the bodybuilding forum, wondering what all the post PC peeps have been up to this past year!!

Yes, I saw that. Let them call me out all they want. I would rather hang out with hot women who like to lift heavy shit than hang with a bunch of swinging dicks whose strongest muscle is the mouth and it prolly isn’t from talking as much as they do either.[/quote]

I KNEW I like you for a reason besides your cooking.

swinging dicks, ewwww!

[quote]Bartl wrote:
mom-in-MD wrote:

PS-Bartl- they are calling you out in the bodybuilding forum, wondering what all the post PC peeps have been up to this past year!!

Yes, I saw that. Let them call me out all they want. I would rather hang out with hot women who like to lift heavy shit than hang with a bunch of swinging dicks whose strongest muscle is the mouth and it prolly isn’t from talking as much as they do either.[/quote]

LOL!! I just had to laugh! Right on Chris!

BTW: Court, you have my total respect! It’s been said a million times but you just have to love a woman who is NOT afraid of lifting heavy weights!

[quote]gustavopacho wrote:

BTW: Court, you have my total respect! It’s been said a million times but you just have to love a woman who is NOT afraid of lifting heavy weights! [/quote]

Thanks Gus :slight_smile:

Really too bad next weekend doesn’t work out! However once I move there in the fall Chris and I will have to make another trip up and visit you or coerce you down to SoCal :smiley:

Are you still on a lifting hiatus?

I guess you had to have something keeping you feeling human… You got into your grad school of choice, you are moving to sunny California, and you have a boyfriend that can cook. Seriously, if you didn’t show some sign of weakness people may start hating you!

[quote]sbmart2 wrote:
…if you didn’t show some sign of weakness people may start hating you![/quote]

Start?

[quote]sbmart2 wrote:

I guess you had to have something keeping you feeling human… You got into your grad school of choice, you are moving to sunny California, and you have a boyfriend that can cook. Seriously, if you didn’t show some sign of weakness people may start hating you![/quote]

Hahaha. Yes, smart ass I’m still on a lifting hiatus. I’ve even been too lazy to go and do my leg routine Bartl put together for me. I’m blaming it on him though. A 3 hour time difference freaking sucks balls. He has all sorts of energy at 8,9pm and it’s past my bedtime here so I can wake up for work. Yes, I could tell him I don’t want to talk to him, but to be honest, I do.

All I’ve been doing is rolling twice a day (legs in am, full body pm), mobility in the evening after rolling and then stretching before bed.

I’m leaving tomorrow evening to visit him. We’re driving from Santa Barbara to San Francisco on Friday and spending the night with some friends of his then heading to Napa to drink copiouos amounts of wine on Sat/Sun then heading back down to Santa Barbara. It’s his birthday on Monday (he’s old heehee) so I’m not flying out til Tuesday. I can’t wait!

I went and saw mine and Ouro’s chiro/ART guy today. I have an AC joint issue which has resulted in me ‘losing’ the strength of most of my pec. Hence why benching has been feeling heavy. I also need to start supplementing with tyrocine because my adrenals are pissed off at me with all the stress I’ve had (what with getting into my choice of grad school, moving to sunny California and having a boyfriend that cooks) and my sartorious doesn’t like that. Basically it’s not weak, but the insertions are super inflammed (apparently due in part because of stress, je ne sais pas) and are even sore to the touch. It’s the inflammation that’s causing my hip discomfort. (PS. This is me trying to remember and translate he said to me at 8am when I was still half asleep… he dumbed it down a bit, but not enough for the state I was in).

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
sbmart2 wrote:
…if you didn’t show some sign of weakness people may start hating you!

Start?
[/quote]

Things to do today:

1. Pack for trip to California
  2. Kill Ruggerlife
  3. Play with puppy

[quote]Court wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
sbmart2 wrote:
…if you didn’t show some sign of weakness people may start hating you!

Start?

Things to do today:

1. Pack for trip to California
  2. Kill Ruggerlife
  3. Play with puppy[/quote]

I was going to say something but I knew I could rely on my pal RL to jump into the breach :slight_smile:

[quote]Court wrote:
sbmart2 wrote:

I guess you had to have something keeping you feeling human… You got into your grad school of choice, you are moving to sunny California, and you have a boyfriend that can cook. Seriously, if you didn’t show some sign of weakness people may start hating you!

Hahaha. Yes, smart ass I’m still on a lifting hiatus. I’ve even been too lazy to go and do my leg routine Bartl put together for me. I’m blaming it on him though. A 3 hour time difference freaking sucks balls. He has all sorts of energy at 8,9pm and it’s past my bedtime here so I can wake up for work. Yes, I could tell him I don’t want to talk to him, but to be honest, I do.

All I’ve been doing is rolling twice a day (legs in am, full body pm), mobility in the evening after rolling and then stretching before bed.

I’m leaving tomorrow evening to visit him. We’re driving from Santa Barbara to San Francisco on Friday and spending the night with some friends of his then heading to Napa to drink copiouos amounts of wine on Sat/Sun then heading back down to Santa Barbara. It’s his birthday on Monday (he’s old heehee) so I’m not flying out til Tuesday. I can’t wait!

I went and saw mine and Ouro’s chiro/ART guy today. I have an AC joint issue which has resulted in me ‘losing’ the strength of most of my pec. Hence why benching has been feeling heavy. I also need to start supplementing with tyrocine because my adrenals are pissed off at me with all the stress I’ve had (what with getting into my choice of grad school, moving to sunny California and having a boyfriend that cooks) and my sartorious doesn’t like that. Basically it’s not weak, but the insertions are super inflammed (apparently due in part because of stress, je ne sais pas) and are even sore to the touch. It’s the inflammation that’s causing my hip discomfort. (PS. This is me trying to remember and translate he said to me at 8am when I was still half asleep… he dumbed it down a bit, but not enough for the state I was in).[/quote]

I’m sure that you will be all healed after spending a few days basking in the healing powers of wine country. I will be cursing your name as I force myself to walk through the shitty weather to the gym! And then I will curse your name some more when I do my HIIT training (just because you need to curse something while doing HIIT).

Have a good trip!

P.S. I finally got some Surge workout fuel. You were right, it definitely gives you something extra during workouts.

So I’m back from vacation. It was glorious. I can’t wait to move to SoCal!

My exercise over the past week has been limited to 1oz curls while wine tasting, 6-8oz curls while drinking copious amounts of wine in the evening and… well… cardio.

We ate a lot of food, drank a ton of wine and overall had a fantastic time. I feel like a major fatass now though.

The most interesting part of the weekend happened yesterday when I was leaving. I was supposed to fly through San Fran and get back to Toronto around 8pm. Well, it was foggy in SF so my flight into there was delayed and I wouldn’t make my connection. Their “best option” was for me to take a later flight to SF, then fly to Denver, then to TO arriving after midnight. I said no and made them find me something earlier and told them to fly me through LAX (which is always an experience in itself).

So Bartl came and picked me back up from the airport, we hung out for a few more hours then he took me back. While waiting for my flight to LA, I saw that the flights to SF were still delayed which meant I wouldn’t have been able to do the Denver-TO flight anyway.

Instead I go to LAX, get lost in their maze of terminals (thankfully I have plenty of time), finally make it up to my gate. When we’re boarding I see thousands of babies and toddlers (okay, like 10-15) getting on my plane. Of all the kids, the only 2 that cried were sitting behind me. The 3 year old yelled and screamed the whole time and the baby bawled. Thank god for headphones…

I figured with everything that had happened they were bound to lose my luggage too… fortunately they didn’t, but it was amongst the last off the plane.

Now, I’m jet lagged, and heading back to the gym tomorrow. Tonight I’m watching “He’s just not that into you” with my best friend who broke up with her (douchebag) boyfriend on Friday. Yay!

[quote]Court wrote:
…my best friend who broke up with her (douchebag) boyfriend on Friday. Yay![/quote]

Are you talking about who I think you’re talking about? You must have delivered that message for me :wink:

[quote]Sayjin wrote:
Court wrote:
…my best friend who broke up with her (douchebag) boyfriend on Friday. Yay!

Are you talking about who I think you’re talking about? You must have delivered that message for me :wink:
[/quote]

Yes I’m talking about who you think I’m talking about. I told her you were asking about her and she broke up with him immediately. Okay, it didn’t really happen like that but still… listen to your voicemail kid. I let her listen to yours :wink:

Okay so I’m not sure if it was that I only got 3 hours of sleep last night, the fact that I was in flip flops/runners for almost a week or what my problem was, but I tried to die by hurling myself down a flight of stairs this morning.

I was going down to the basement to grab a bottle of water and my mom was waiting for me in the car… I’d already put my heels on. Well, I’ve forgotten how to walk down stairs in them because after about 2 steps I tripped and started falling head first. After bending my foot over forwards, I managed to stop myself by catching myself and kind of sliding down the banister wtih my hands. So now those hurt too.

I’m now at work with my left foot resting up on my desk, shoe off, with a bag of ice on it. I have another bag of ice sitting next to it that I keep switching hands on.

I’m a mess.

So I finally got off my fatass and got back into the gym tonight. I’m doing something new and getting away from back squats and barbell benching for a while to give my shoulder a break, fix my body and get my back into shape hahaha.

Friday March 6, gym

• 5 minutes warm up on the eliptical

• Foam rolling

• Mobility… a shit ton… I was sweating before I even touched a weight.

• Training:
    A1. Speed Deadlifts (Conventional@50%) - 60-75sec rest b/w sets
    135x3x2, 185x2x8

B1. Sumo Deadlifts 75-90sec rest
150x3, 185x3x6

C1. Reverse Lunges 0 sec rest
50x8x3
C2. Pull Throughs 60ish sec rest
100x8x3

The short rest times killed me. But in a good way. I’m also going to be adding in some eliptical hiit and gasp running on 1 off day each because I just agreed to play coed soccer with my best friend and some other people we know for May/June. I definitely need to get my cardiovasular level back up.

PS. I wore my new hightop pink chucks today. The boys at the gym loved them. Todd was jealous he didn’t have any…

[quote]Court wrote:
PS. I wore my new hightop pink chucks today. [/quote]

Pics or it didn’t happen! :slight_smile:

[quote]Court wrote:
So I finally got off my fatass and got back into the gym tonight. I’m doing something new and getting away from back squats and barbell benching for a while to give my shoulder a break, fix my body and get my back into shape hahaha.

Friday March 6, gym

• 5 minutes warm up on the eliptical

• Foam rolling

• Mobility… a shit ton… I was sweating before I even touched a weight.

• Training:
    A1. Speed Deadlifts (Conventional@50%) - 60-75sec rest b/w sets
    135x3x2, 185x2x8

B1. Sumo Deadlifts 75-90sec rest
150x3, 185x3x6

C1. Reverse Lunges 0 sec rest
50x8x3
C2. Pull Throughs 60ish sec rest
100x8x3

The short rest times killed me. But in a good way. I’m also going to be adding in some eliptical hiit and gasp running on 1 off day each because I just agreed to play coed soccer with my best friend and some other people we know for May/June. I definitely need to get my cardiovasular level back up. [/quote]

Wow you have really progressed (I’ve read quite a bit of your thread)!

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Court wrote:
PS. I wore my new hightop pink chucks today.

Pics or it didn’t happen! :)[/quote]

Ouro can confirm tomorrow. Or maybe I’ll take a pic for ya then :wink: