T Nation

Revolution is My Name

[quote]Court wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
I get some support with the straps down, crotch seated, and belt holding the suit in place. If I don’t have the belt on, the suit slides right down the butt.

Well thankfully for me, I have a big ass to go along with my thunder thighs…
[/quote]

Girl, you have not seen a big ass until you see some of the women I met this weekend. It was amazing. :smiley:

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Court wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
I get some support with the straps down, crotch seated, and belt holding the suit in place. If I don’t have the belt on, the suit slides right down the butt.

Well thankfully for me, I have a big ass to go along with my thunder thighs…

Girl, you have not seen a big ass until you see some of the women I met this weekend. It was amazing. :-D[/quote]

This statement is useless without pics. I didn’t think I had to tell you the rules.

Tues Feb 17, Gym

Today started with some foam rolling and my new super duper mobility warm up courtesy of Bartl. By the time I was ready to go, I actually felt warm. My hips still felt a little sore and tight, but not as bad.

Squat:
45x10x1
95x5x2
145x5x1
175x4x1
205x3x2 -> Belt(3)
235x3x5 -> Belt(4), Wraps

Bench:
65x5x1
75x4x1
90x3x2
100x3x1

It’s amazing how much easier squatting is when you go back to the basics. Going to Niagara on Saturday was good because I was getting shit for not keeping my upper back tight. So tonight I was sitting back on my heels, butt first, and keeping my back tight. Things felt better.

Towards the last two sets though, my shoulder started really bugging me… When I moved onto bench I did some more shoulder warm ups, however things still didn’t feel so great. The 90lbs didn’t feel heavy, but just didn’t feel right and then on my set of 100 I got tingly through my fingers on my right side. After I racked it I moved them around and after a while tried to get under the bar again. I was still tingly. I decided to call it quits at that point because I didn’t feel like dropping 100lbs on my face… plus I have ART in the morning.

Tonight in the squat rack was interesting. First off, there were no regulars in the entire gym so I was getting tons of looks.

There was an older gentleman in one of the racks (maybe 50ish) who asked what the trick was to keeping my knees from tracking too far forward over my toes. He was experiencing some grinding and pain in his knees and one of the ‘trainers’ at the gym suggested he do box squats instead. I ended up giving him some pointers and watched a few sets between mine to help him out. Got him to set up a bit wider and shift his weight to his heels. He really appreciated it and thanked me profusely.

I wandered to get some water and when I came back there was a guy with 95lbs on the bar plus the pussy pad. I was trying to figure out how many sets it would take before he ran off. I wrapped my knees and he had just unracked the bar as I was getting under mine. By the time I had racked my bar, he had racked his and left the area. He didn’t come back.

So then a guy came around and asked me if “someone” was still in the powercage. I said I was. He looked at the weight again, then looked at me, then looked at the weight, shook his head and got in the rack beside me. I’m pretty sure he thought I was lying or something. He started squatting and had finished one set when I was getting set up for my next one. I’m not sure if one was all he planned on doing, but it’s all he did. He too disappeared after my triple at 235.

I’m thinking of inviting these two to my next meet. Just for giggles.

[quote]Court wrote:
Tonight in the squat rack was interesting. First off, there were no regulars in the entire gym so I was getting tons of looks.

There was an older gentleman in one of the racks (maybe 50ish) who asked what the trick was to keeping my knees from tracking too far forward over my toes. He was experiencing some grinding and pain in his knees and one of the ‘trainers’ at the gym suggested he do box squats instead. I ended up giving him some pointers and watched a few sets between mine to help him out. Got him to set up a bit wider and shift his weight to his heels. He really appreciated it and thanked me profusely.

I wandered to get some water and when I came back there was a guy with 95lbs on the bar plus the pussy pad. I was trying to figure out how many sets it would take before he ran off. I wrapped my knees and he had just unracked the bar as I was getting under mine. By the time I had racked my bar, he had racked his and left the area. He didn’t come back.

So then a guy came around and asked me if “someone” was still in the powercage. I said I was. He looked at the weight again, then looked at me, then looked at the weight, shook his head and got in the rack beside me. I’m pretty sure he thought I was lying or something. He started squatting and had finished one set when I was getting set up for my next one. I’m not sure if one was all he planned on doing, but it’s all he did. He too disappeared after my triple at 235.

I’m thinking of inviting these two to my next meet. Just for giggles. [/quote]

…God, I hope you’re a nicer person in person. So much hatred. At least you were nice to the old man.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Court wrote:
Tonight in the squat rack was interesting. First off, there were no regulars in the entire gym so I was getting tons of looks.

There was an older gentleman in one of the racks (maybe 50ish) who asked what the trick was to keeping my knees from tracking too far forward over my toes. He was experiencing some grinding and pain in his knees and one of the ‘trainers’ at the gym suggested he do box squats instead. I ended up giving him some pointers and watched a few sets between mine to help him out. Got him to set up a bit wider and shift his weight to his heels. He really appreciated it and thanked me profusely.

I wandered to get some water and when I came back there was a guy with 95lbs on the bar plus the pussy pad. I was trying to figure out how many sets it would take before he ran off. I wrapped my knees and he had just unracked the bar as I was getting under mine. By the time I had racked my bar, he had racked his and left the area. He didn’t come back.

So then a guy came around and asked me if “someone” was still in the powercage. I said I was. He looked at the weight again, then looked at me, then looked at the weight, shook his head and got in the rack beside me. I’m pretty sure he thought I was lying or something. He started squatting and had finished one set when I was getting set up for my next one. I’m not sure if one was all he planned on doing, but it’s all he did. He too disappeared after my triple at 235.

I’m thinking of inviting these two to my next meet. Just for giggles.

…God, I hope you’re a nicer person in person. So much hatred. At least you were nice to the old man.

[/quote]

Where in those stories was I a mean person? I did absolutely nothing mean. I wasn’t rude. Maybe in my head, but I didn’t even give dirty looks to the guy using the pussy pad…

[quote]Court wrote:

Towards the last two sets though, my shoulder started really bugging me… When I moved onto bench I did some more shoulder warm ups, however things still didn’t feel so great. The 90lbs didn’t feel heavy, but just didn’t feel right and then on my set of 100 I got tingly through my fingers on my right side. After I racked it I moved them around and after a while tried to get under the bar again. I was still tingly. I decided to call it quits at that point because I didn’t feel like dropping 100lbs on my face… plus I have ART in the morning.
[/quote]

I’m not sure what your shoulder problem is, but mine are frequently bothering me with squats and what I found works best is doing some light/high rep band face pulls. I just do a few quick sets between my squat warm-ups.

The lifter that told me it also mentioned the face pulls would help with deadlift lock outs, nice side benefit!

He also mentioned that when doing Sheiko programs it helps to replace bench with 1 or 2 board presses every once in a while to make it easier on your shoulders.

PS- I promise to have a smart-ass comment in my next post. :slight_smile:

[quote]Court wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Court wrote:
Tonight in the squat rack was interesting. First off, there were no regulars in the entire gym so I was getting tons of looks.

There was an older gentleman in one of the racks (maybe 50ish) who asked what the trick was to keeping my knees from tracking too far forward over my toes. He was experiencing some grinding and pain in his knees and one of the ‘trainers’ at the gym suggested he do box squats instead. I ended up giving him some pointers and watched a few sets between mine to help him out. Got him to set up a bit wider and shift his weight to his heels. He really appreciated it and thanked me profusely.

I wandered to get some water and when I came back there was a guy with 95lbs on the bar plus the pussy pad. I was trying to figure out how many sets it would take before he ran off. I wrapped my knees and he had just unracked the bar as I was getting under mine. By the time I had racked my bar, he had racked his and left the area. He didn’t come back.

So then a guy came around and asked me if “someone” was still in the powercage. I said I was. He looked at the weight again, then looked at me, then looked at the weight, shook his head and got in the rack beside me. I’m pretty sure he thought I was lying or something. He started squatting and had finished one set when I was getting set up for my next one. I’m not sure if one was all he planned on doing, but it’s all he did. He too disappeared after my triple at 235.

I’m thinking of inviting these two to my next meet. Just for giggles.

…God, I hope you’re a nicer person in person. So much hatred. At least you were nice to the old man.

Where in those stories was I a mean person? I did absolutely nothing mean. I wasn’t rude. Maybe in my head, but I didn’t even give dirty looks to the guy using the pussy pad…
[/quote]

It was only a joke. Please calm down. There is no need for this to get violent. Put the gun down and everything will be alright.

Friends? Better yet, husband and wife?? I’ll let you eat in the bed this time.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Court wrote:

Towards the last two sets though, my shoulder started really bugging me… When I moved onto bench I did some more shoulder warm ups, however things still didn’t feel so great. The 90lbs didn’t feel heavy, but just didn’t feel right and then on my set of 100 I got tingly through my fingers on my right side. After I racked it I moved them around and after a while tried to get under the bar again. I was still tingly. I decided to call it quits at that point because I didn’t feel like dropping 100lbs on my face… plus I have ART in the morning.

I’m not sure what your shoulder problem is, but mine are frequently bothering me with squats and what I found works best is doing some light/high rep band face pulls. I just do a few quick sets between my squat warm-ups.

The lifter that told me it also mentioned the face pulls would help with deadlift lock outs, nice side benefit!

He also mentioned that when doing Sheiko programs it helps to replace bench with 1 or 2 board presses every once in a while to make it easier on your shoulders.

PS- I promise to have a smart-ass comment in my next post. :)[/quote]

Wow…did you actually just post something serious and extremely useful? Do you have a fever :wink:

I’ve been asked to give up BB bench for a little bit and just do DB Presses or Floor Presses and Pin Presses. I’ve started added facepulls (though not band ones…good idea) in my warm ups and recovery days.

PS - It better be super snarky after that serious post.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
It was only a joke. Please calm down. There is no need for this to get violent. Put the gun down and everything will be alright.

Friends? Better yet, husband and wife?? I’ll let you eat in the bed this time.[/quote]

I don’t need a gun. I’ll just judo chop you. Then when you hunch down I’ll knee you in the face. Then when you crumple to the ground on your knees I’ll kick you square in the junk.

Friends sure - but only if you bring me an assortment of both pancakes and waffles to enjoy. As for husband and wife, I’m not sure how Bartl would feel about that… so for now, I say no.

[quote]Court wrote:

I don’t need a gun. I’ll just judo chop you. Then when you hunch down I’ll knee you in the face. Then when you crumple to the ground on your knees I’ll kick you square in the junk.

Friends sure - but only if you bring me an assortment of both pancakes and waffles to enjoy. As for husband and wife, I’m not sure how Bartl would feel about that… so for now, I say no. [/quote]

Dirty talk like that is what brings me back to your training log, Court.

No? That’s fine, but just remember this: The divorce rates are always on the rise. As are chances for Post-Divorce Comfort Sex (PDCS). And I’ll be waiting with pancakes in one hand and waffles in the other.

[quote]Court wrote:
Tonight in the squat rack was interesting. First off, there were no regulars in the entire gym so I was getting tons of looks.

There was an older gentleman in one of the racks (maybe 50ish) who asked what the trick was to keeping my knees from tracking too far forward over my toes. He was experiencing some grinding and pain in his knees and one of the ‘trainers’ at the gym suggested he do box squats instead. I ended up giving him some pointers and watched a few sets between mine to help him out. Got him to set up a bit wider and shift his weight to his heels. He really appreciated it and thanked me profusely.

I wandered to get some water and when I came back there was a guy with 95lbs on the bar plus the pussy pad. I was trying to figure out how many sets it would take before he ran off. I wrapped my knees and he had just unracked the bar as I was getting under mine. By the time I had racked my bar, he had racked his and left the area. He didn’t come back.

So then a guy came around and asked me if “someone” was still in the powercage. I said I was. He looked at the weight again, then looked at me, then looked at the weight, shook his head and got in the rack beside me. I’m pretty sure he thought I was lying or something. He started squatting and had finished one set when I was getting set up for my next one. I’m not sure if one was all he planned on doing, but it’s all he did. He too disappeared after my triple at 235.

I’m thinking of inviting these two to my next meet. Just for giggles. [/quote]

I can’t wait to train with you again babe, so I can still be doing my warm-ups with your 235 while you are wrapping and I can be the one giving you dirty looks at such light weight. Or the dirty looks will be because I will have been staring at your ass

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Court wrote:

I don’t need a gun. I’ll just judo chop you. Then when you hunch down I’ll knee you in the face. Then when you crumple to the ground on your knees I’ll kick you square in the junk.

Friends sure - but only if you bring me an assortment of both pancakes and waffles to enjoy. As for husband and wife, I’m not sure how Bartl would feel about that… so for now, I say no.

Dirty talk like that is what brings me back to your training log, Court.

No? That’s fine, but just remember this: The divorce rates are always on the rise. As are chances for Post-Divorce Comfort Sex (PDCS). And I’ll be waiting with pancakes in one hand and waffles in the other.[/quote]

You can try with pancakes and waffles all you want there big guy, but you will not out cook me! And just for this, I will now institute LTBOLSAS in 8 days.

Hey Court!
I second what Rugger says about the pulling movements, particularly while you are doing Sheiko. There is a heck of a lot of upper body pressing, and no pulling at all written in the program. I use a fourth day for pre-hab and assorted rows to help shoulder health and keep a balance between chest and back strength. I’m also dong decline push-ups from an aerobic step with 5 risers. Most of us girls can use the extra upper body work to add strength.

For bench, you may want to substitute one of the double sessions for either lock-outs or floor pressing. I find the floor press to help a lot using a weight I can hold at the lowest point for a 5 count. Makes the pause on the bench a lot easier.
If you have a hard time with the flies (they killed my bad shoulder) use DB press instead. I vary between flat, decline and incline.

Saw my ART/Chiro dude today. He’s happy with my hips bothering me less, but is still cleaning up the mess. He thinks I might just be one of those people that inflames easily so I have to do some research about foods that are “pro-inflamatory” and watch how they are incorporated into my diet.

He also looked at my shoulder and worked more with my bicep/tricep tendons and front/rear delts. I swore again. I can get set up under his fake squat bar (aka a broom handle) when I’m there but I told him I can’t get through a full squat session without it hurting. It feels like the weight is driving my shoulder down. He wants to know how it does my next session. I’m seeing him next week again and if I still have issues, he’s going to meet me at the gym one day after I’m back from visiting Bartl to see what’s going on. He’s the greatest.

[quote]Court wrote:
He’s the greatest. [/quote]

awww, thanks babe!

[quote]Court wrote:
I wandered to get some water and when I came back there was a guy with 95lbs on the bar plus the pussy pad. I was trying to figure out how many sets it would take before he ran off. I wrapped my knees and he had just unracked the bar as I was getting under mine. By the time I had racked my bar, he had racked his and left the area. He didn’t come back.

So then a guy came around and asked me if “someone” was still in the powercage. I said I was. He looked at the weight again, then looked at me, then looked at the weight, shook his head and got in the rack beside me. I’m pretty sure he thought I was lying or something. He started squatting and had finished one set when I was getting set up for my next one. I’m not sure if one was all he planned on doing, but it’s all he did. He too disappeared after my triple at 235.

I’m thinking of inviting these two to my next meet. Just for giggles. [/quote]

GREAT story!! I applaud you heartily for scaring them away. 95 pounds w/ pussy pad is the older, weaker brother of the squat rack curl. Any adult human male who is intimidated by a female squatting “real weight” also needs to beat a hasty retreat to the treadmill room

Just my Neanderthalic $.02

[quote]WxHerk wrote:
GREAT story!! I applaud you heartily for scaring them away. 95 pounds w/ pussy pad is the older, weaker brother of the squat rack curl. Any adult human male who is intimidated by a female squatting “real weight” also needs to beat a hasty retreat to the treadmill room

Just my Neanderthalic $.02
[/quote]

I agree… any adult human male who uses the pussy pad in general needs to leave. I like to call it the pussy pad really loudly if I know people around just so the guy using it realizes he’s a pussy (in case he wasn’t already told on an hourly basis).

They just get bruised egos easily when I’m squatting more than, the same as, or almost as much as them when they are only doing power curtsies. Poor, stupid male egos…

So I just secured the receiving of my new (old) squat suit. The woman that has it has been crazy busy this week, but is dropping it off tomorrow evening. I told her I wanted to use it on Saturday, so she said she will drop it off for sure tomorrow.

My plans for tomorrow night include: trying on new squat suit, picking at sewn seams that severely shortened said squat suit, cuddling with puppy.

Saturday plans: Squatting with new squat suit using archaic looking suit clamps to temporarily shorten straps which will be too long.

[quote]Court wrote:
So I just secured the receiving of my new (old) squat suit. The woman that has it has been crazy busy this week, but is dropping it off tomorrow evening. I told her I wanted to use it on Saturday, so she said she will drop it off for sure tomorrow.

My plans for tomorrow night include: trying on new squat suit, picking at sewn seams that severely shortened said squat suit, cuddling with puppy.

Saturday plans: Squatting with new squat suit using archaic looking suit clamps to temporarily shorten straps which will be too long.[/quote]

Are you squatting Sunday?