T Nation

Revolution is My Name

[quote]Court wrote:

I think I know who this latest facebook addition is, however until he/she comes clean, they are remaining in my “to be confirmed” friends list. [/quote]

FWIW, it’s not me…I’m not a very good stalker! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sat Feb 14, Niagara

“Beat to shit” is the only way to describe how I felt through most of this session, as well as how I currently feel. Actually “a bag of ass” also describes how I currently feel. I ventured down to see the crew cuz I hadn’t seen them since the meet. Hoi had to leave, but Matt was around, along with two masters lifters going to Nationals.

Squat:
45x10x1
95x5x1
145x5x1
175x4x1
205x3x2 -> belt
235x3x5 -> belt, wraps for all but first set

Bench:
45x8x1
70x5x1
80x4x1
95x3x5 -> all paused

Squat:
145x5x1
175x5x1
205x4x3 -> belt

Abs:
3x10 lying leg raises

My shoulder was bugging me to get under the bar so I wussed out of my last set at 205. Instead I tried on the woman’s squat suit to get an idea of what I should be looking at for size. She thought the 36 she had at home would fit me, but let me try on her 38. Well…the 38 was tight! I got it up over my hips, but since I was only trying it on for size, we didn’t get it seated. Matt said we could have if we wanted to.

They agreed that I should get a looser suit to start, so a 40. Both the other 2 lifters have 40 suits that are currently on loan to the same person (go figure). Apparently once she borrows something it takes forever to get back. Matt’s going to hunt her down and get them back so I can use one for the next little while. I think the suit will make my hips happy. Even having that suit partway up felt good when I tried squatting to push the legs up more. It gives them support and right now, they need all the support they can get…they DO NOT like squatting twice in a session!

looks like a good session. now, get your damn nutrition dialed in and you will feel better.

[quote]Bartl wrote:
looks like a good session. now, get your damn nutrition dialed in and you will feel better.[/quote]

You’re bossy you know that. How would a woman ever put up with you?

My nutrition is getting there. I missed one shake yesterday and today am on track. So quit yer bitching.

[quote]Court wrote:
I think I know who this latest facebook addition is, however until he/she comes clean, they are remaining in my “to be confirmed” friends list. [/quote]

I just tried to randomly add you with the obvious intention of not saying who i was, but there are too many of you to really determine which one you are. Unless you are a McGill alum, then that’d be REALLY weird, because we have a mutual friend…haha

Monday Feb 16, Gym

Ahhh “Family Day”… a new holiday in Ontario designed to get families to spend more time together. What did I do? Played with my puppy a bit this morning, then went to the gym… in fact I believe the only thing I have said to anyone in my family was “I’m going to the gym”. The gym had limited hours today so there were bodies everywhere!

Behind the Neck Shoulder Press
45x5x5

Incline Press
45x4x1
65x4x3
70x4x3

Seated Row
90x8x1
80x8x1
70x8x3

Deadlift to Knees
145x5x1
170x4x1
205x3x2
215x2x5

Seated Goodmornings
60x5x1
80x5x5

So this session made me realize that my shoulder strength sucks and I really need to do more work on them (I know Bartl, don’t even say it). It was bugging me a bit during the presses which didn’t help my strength, but still. It was quite pitiful when I went to “warm up” my behind the neck presses with just the bar and struggled with it.

I’m pretty sure I saw NeelyDan stalking me around the gym, but I wasn’t 100% and he didn’t approach me. I’m thinking he might have thought it was my nice twin and not evil-bitch-Court because I was in a great mood and laughing with people. I even used my chalked hands and assaulted one of the guys and left him with two hand prints on his boobs. He liked it.

I’ve found a training partner (kind of… as in when we’re both there we’re training partners…) in one of the guys that’s a regular. Scott is always there for a good 2 hours and as long as he’s training and not just chatting, he works hard. We laugh lots and make perverted and rude comments, but also spot each other and motivate each other.

Today he was telling me about a chick he smiled and said hi to last week and she totally snubbed him and was a bitch to him. Today she tried to smile at him and he just walked by. Then, she was walking by right next to where we were training and he literally hissed at her like a cat. She had headphones on so didn’t hear him, but I almost peed myself laughing. He’s definitely a good person to have around when you’re at the hour 2 mark and are losing focus and concentration. A few good laughs and your energy is back up and you’re ready to go.

PS. I love deadlifts. I’m starting to like them more than squats. It might be because the squatting is hurting my hips these days, but deadlifting is fun fun fun.

I sumo-deadlifted again today. I’m really enjoying it and definitely getting the hang of it!

I’m with you on the shoulder strength be sucktastic. I do presses quite a bit though just 'cause they suck. Improvement is slow and marginal.

How long have you been at that gym?

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I’m with you on the shoulder strength be sucktastic. I do presses quite a bit though just 'cause they suck. Improvement is slow and marginal.

How long have you been at that gym? [/quote]

Yeah I think I’ll alternate between flies and shoulder presses on my benching days… I used to do them on my days we were at the barn, however I now have 4 set training days…

I’ve been at this gym since Dec 07. Until about June 08 I was only dabbling in the weights. When I started this log (I think mid June) was when I pretty much gave up even looking at the cardio equipment. So I’ve spent 8 months in the weight area, therefore it’s pretty much my home.

Oh PS. If it WAS Neely Dan doing rows or pin pulls (wasn’t really paying attention), he doesn’t clean off his bar when he’s done. Shame on you!

Yeah, that was me…and in my defense, i took the quarters off…maybe it’s bad etiquette, but i always figure if you’re in a rack you’ve probably got 135 at a minimum more often than not…you see, i am doing a service for the community.

i tried to flash you a little grin to see if you’d respond because i was only half sure that was you, your facebook pic is distanced…now i know - it’d be cool to lift with you a little before you are gone forevaaaaaaa

ps did i see that dude clean and press 205? not many guys in there are doing that.

[quote]Court wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

How long have you been at that gym?

Yeah I think I’ll alternate between flies and shoulder presses on my benching days… I used to do them on my days we were at the barn, however I now have 4 set training days…

I’ve been at this gym since Dec 07. Until about June 08 I was only dabbling in the weights. When I started this log (I think mid June) was when I pretty much gave up even looking at the cardio equipment. So I’ve spent 8 months in the weight area, therefore it’s pretty much my home.

Oh PS. If it WAS Neely Dan doing rows or pin pulls (wasn’t really paying attention), he doesn’t clean off his bar when he’s done. Shame on you! [/quote]

What the hell was he doing to the bar that he’d need to clean it off? You mean the weights? I hope so. I don’t want to go to the gym and see some guy spluging on the bar.

I’ve only been at the new gym for a few weeks so I don’t recognise any regulars yet. Hopefully when I get in a pattern I’ll find people to assist. There was a couple working together today that looked promising. They both laughed at the squat rack curlers with me.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Yeah, that was me…and in my defense, i took the quarters off…maybe it’s bad etiquette, but i always figure if you’re in a rack you’ve probably got 135 at a minimum more often than not…you see, i am doing a service for the community.

i tried to flash you a little grin to see if you’d respond because i was only half sure that was you, your facebook pic is distanced…now i know - it’d be cool to lift with you a little before you are gone forevaaaaaaa

ps did i see that dude clean and press 205? not many guys in there are doing that.[/quote]

It’s called warm up Neely Dan. Sure I’ll get to 135, but I’d like to start out with the bar first. Plus you left it on the safety bars at like mid-shin height so if people even wanted to squat they’d either have to clean it up to the pins or unload it and reload it. Bastards.

You didn’t see the pink belt? Actually I might not have had it on at that point… I would have known it was you if you had your jersey on that you always boast about, but since you didn’t, I couldn’t be sure. And I don’t really smile at people I don’t know at the gym (especially guys) cuz sometimes they take it as an invitation to talk to you about how awesome they are or about how sweet my ass looks. I stick to the people I know.

And yeah, he was clean and pressing 205. He’s also the one that hissed at the girl. He went for 225 after and missed it on the clean cuz he got in his head. I gave him shit because if he had pulled it with as much force as he did the 205, he’d have had it. Instead he pussied out. Pussy.

[quote]Court wrote:
It’s called warm up Neely Dan. Sure I’ll get to 135, but I’d like to start out with the bar first. Plus you left it on the safety bars at like mid-shin height so if people even wanted to squat they’d either have to clean it up to the pins or unload it and reload it. Bastards.

You didn’t see the pink belt? Actually I might not have had it on at that point… I would have known it was you if you had your jersey on that you always boast about, but since you didn’t, I couldn’t be sure. And I don’t really smile at people I don’t know at the gym (especially guys) cuz sometimes they take it as an invitation to talk to you about how awesome they are or about how sweet my ass looks. I stick to the people I know.

And yeah, he was clean and pressing 205. He’s also the one that hissed at the girl. He went for 225 after and missed it on the clean cuz he got in his head. I gave him shit because if he had pulled it with as much force as he did the 205, he’d have had it. Instead he pussied out. Pussy.[/quote]

You were really taking notice of what I was doing in the rack, huh? Ammo for the forums!

I don’t see colour, but I did notice you tightening up a belt - by that time I was down by the dumbbells, though.

[quote]Court wrote:

They agreed that I should get a looser suit to start, so a 40. Both the other 2 lifters have 40 suits that are currently on loan to the same person (go figure). Apparently once she borrows something it takes forever to get back. Matt’s going to hunt her down and get them back so I can use one for the next little while. I think the suit will make my hips happy. Even having that suit partway up felt good when I tried squatting to push the legs up more. It gives them support and right now, they need all the support they can get…they DO NOT like squatting twice in a session![/quote]

Suits are very good for the hips. For a while, I was having this awful ache in my hip that only showed up when I would squat (even body weight) raw. Wearing a suit took the pain away completely.

After purchasing one suit, I think I should’ve gotten a smaller size, even though this one took forever for me to get used to. Seeing the women at Nationals this weekend, I can go much tighter, and I kind of regret spending a bunch of money on a suit that will end up too big.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Court wrote:

They agreed that I should get a looser suit to start, so a 40. Both the other 2 lifters have 40 suits that are currently on loan to the same person (go figure). Apparently once she borrows something it takes forever to get back. Matt’s going to hunt her down and get them back so I can use one for the next little while. I think the suit will make my hips happy.

Even having that suit partway up felt good when I tried squatting to push the legs up more. It gives them support and right now, they need all the support they can get…they DO NOT like squatting twice in a session!

Suits are very good for the hips. For a while, I was having this awful ache in my hip that only showed up when I would squat (even body weight) raw. Wearing a suit took the pain away completely.

After purchasing one suit, I think I should’ve gotten a smaller size, even though this one took forever for me to get used to. Seeing the women at Nationals this weekend, I can go much tighter, and I kind of regret spending a bunch of money on a suit that will end up too big.[/quote]

I think I should have gone smaller on my suit too. I started with the size 36 Centurion, traded it for the 32 and now think a 30 would be much better.

However, if I’d started out with the 30, it might have been too tight to start out with. I’m still looking for my cash sponsor :slight_smile:

Court wrote:

They agreed that I should get a looser suit to start, so a 40. Both the other 2 lifters have 40 suits that are currently on loan to the same person (go figure). Apparently once she borrows something it takes forever to get back. Matt’s going to hunt her down and get them back so I can use one for the next little while. I think the suit will make my hips happy. Even having that suit partway up felt good when I tried squatting to push the legs up more. It gives them support and right now, they need all the support they can get…they DO NOT like squatting twice in a session!

After purchasing one suit, I think I should’ve gotten a smaller size, even though this one took forever for me to get used to. Seeing the women at Nationals this weekend, I can go much tighter, and I kind of regret spending a bunch of money on a suit that will end up too big.[/quote]

That’s where I am right now. Bodyweight squats hurts. Weighted squats hurt. In sort of the middle part of my squat training they stop hurting, but then they’re sore again by the end. I’m going to be getting it either Wed or Thurs evening this week! Yay!!

I didn’t want to buy one when these guys said they could find me a used one to start with. They say they can get my thunder thighs in the 38 I tried on. Judging by what you said re: Nationals, I should hope to get into a 36 at some point :slight_smile: I’ll start with the 40 and see where that takes me and see if I can shed all the fat from my thighs and maybe get into a smaller suit eventually lol. The woman whose suit it is said it will fit my thighs, but may be big through my hips/stomach. We shall see…

[quote]Court wrote:
PS. I love deadlifts. I’m starting to like them more than squats. It might be because the squatting is hurting my hips these days, but deadlifting is fun fun fun.

I sumo-deadlifted again today. I’m really enjoying it and definitely getting the hang of it![/quote]

Sheiko is hard on hips (I’ve done many cycles). Consider getting some briefs, as they will add support and you’ll feel better. Plus, they’re cheaper than suits and easier to get on/off. Don’t feel that you have to get them tight, either – loose briefs work just fine for hip support. So a couple of sizes over your competition suit size would work fine.

I’ve got Metal Ace for pop and Metal Pro for support and can vouch for them. Some swear by others:

Also, sumo will add wear to those hips if you’re spreading your hips and knees as you should. Consider getting briefs or wearing a loose suit. You’ll be glad you did.

Speed.

[quote]sdspeedracer wrote:
Court wrote:

I sumo-deadlifted again today. I’m really enjoying it and definitely getting the hang of it!

Sheiko is hard on hips (I’ve done many cycles). Consider getting some briefs, as they will add support and you’ll feel better. Plus, they’re cheaper than suits and easier to get on/off. Don’t feel that you have to get them tight, either – loose briefs work just fine for hip support. So a couple of sizes over your competition suit size would work fine.

I’ve got Metal Ace for pop and Metal Pro for support and can vouch for them. Some swear by others:

Also, sumo will add wear to those hips if you’re spreading your hips and knees as you should. Consider getting briefs or wearing a loose suit. You’ll be glad you did.

Speed.

[/quote]

You just had to say “if you’re spreading your hips and knees as you should” didn’t you… Ouro will jump all over that!

I’m getting the loose suit and will wear it for squats and deads. We can’t wear briefs in IPF so I’m thinking of just using the suit with straps down unless I’m at a weight I need them up. Honestly, even just wearing the suit after having squatted twice felt so good on my hips. I think I might start wearing it under my clothes once I get it :smiley:

[quote]Court wrote:
You just had to say “if you’re spreading your hips and knees as you should” didn’t you… Ouro will jump all over that!

I’m getting the loose suit and will wear it for squats and deads. We can’t wear briefs in IPF so I’m thinking of just using the suit with straps down unless I’m at a weight I need them up. Honestly, even just wearing the suit after having squatted twice felt so good on my hips. I think I might start wearing it under my clothes once I get it :smiley:
[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that too, but I’m trying to stay away from the really easy, obvious jokes.

I get some support with the straps down, crotch seated, and belt holding the suit in place. If I don’t have the belt on, the suit slides right down the butt.

I get some support with the straps down, crotch seated, and belt holding the suit in place. If I don’t have the belt on, the suit slides right down the butt.[/quote]

Well thankfully for me, I have a big ass to go along with my thunder thighs…