Revolution is My Name

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
That’s really cool. It sounds like you had a good workout. You must have felt 10’ tall being admired by another girl. Guys are one thing 'cause they’re always staring anyway but when other women admire you, it’s like it really counts.

It would be good to be able to help her out. I’m sure she’ll do what you say. She doesn’t sound too bright. Afterall, she said you look feminine.

I’m running and hiding now.

I’m glad you’re feeling better.[/quote]

You’re a bitch.

I had an older couple (like your age… muahaha) watching me too. The guy walked by me and said he was impressed with how much weight I was lifting and that he didn’t think he could lift that much. I just smiled politely.

I’d actually prefer the notice from the guys than the girls. Most chicks at my gym would be impressed if I moved past the 20lb DBs for anything. I think they just notice that the younger (ie early 20s) guys pay attention to me and chat with me and want the same to be honest. I find it more flattering when a guy is impressed that I lift heavy shit (of course only if they too lift heavy shit).

hahaha I just remembered that I saw a guy lift up his shirt and flex his abs today. It happened as I was walking by and I literally laughed out loud. He looked up to see if I was laughing at him and then turned bright red. I don’t count that as being a bitch though, because it was seriously just so funny.

[quote]Court wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
That’s really cool. It sounds like you had a good workout. You must have felt 10’ tall being admired by another girl. Guys are one thing 'cause they’re always staring anyway but when other women admire you, it’s like it really counts.

It would be good to be able to help her out. I’m sure she’ll do what you say. She doesn’t sound too bright. Afterall, she said you look feminine.

I’m running and hiding now.

I’m glad you’re feeling better.

You’re a bitch.

I had an older couple (like your age… muahaha) watching me too. The guy walked by me and said he was impressed with how much weight I was lifting and that he didn’t think he could lift that much. I just smiled politely.

I’d actually prefer the notice from the guys than the girls. Most chicks at my gym would be impressed if I moved past the 20lb DBs for anything. I think they just notice that the younger (ie early 20s) guys pay attention to me and chat with me and want the same to be honest. I find it more flattering when a guy is impressed that I lift heavy shit (of course only if they too lift heavy shit).

hahaha I just remembered that I saw a guy lift up his shirt and flex his abs today. It happened as I was walking by and I literally laughed out loud. He looked up to see if I was laughing at him and then turned bright red. I don’t count that as being a bitch though, because it was seriously just so funny.[/quote]

To me, even if the women are impressed if you lift more than 20lb dumbells, they are genuinely interested in what you’re doing. I think many guys have just been watching your ass and are using the weight as a conversation opener in hopes of getting their hands on the aforementioned ass. Not all guys for sure, but many. Not that that bothers me but it doesn’t make me feel super strong. Unless it comes from guys I train with then I’ll totally take it for face value.

I had a semi bitch moment the other day. When I went to get 40 lb dumbells for presses, a guy had sat his 25’s on top of the 40’s and I had to move his off mine. He just stood there and watched. I’m pretty sure I got the ‘emasculating bitch’ look but ffs, don’t stack your dumbells on ones that others are using. Also he was one of those guys that does his thing 2’ from the mirror in front of the dumbell rack.

[quote]Court wrote:
hahaha I just remembered that I saw a guy lift up his shirt and flex his abs today. It happened as I was walking by and I literally laughed out loud. He looked up to see if I was laughing at him and then turned bright red. I don’t count that as being a bitch though, because it was seriously just so funny.[/quote]
That is by [b]NO[/b] way, whatsoever, “bitchy.” Any guy flexing his abs in front of a mirror [b]NEEDS[/b] to be laughed at, especially by a woman. I applaud you; you did well.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I had a semi bitch moment the other day. When I went to get 40 lb dumbells for presses, a guy had sat his 25’s on top of the 40’s and I had to move his off mine. He just stood there and watched. I’m pretty sure I got the ‘emasculating bitch’ look but ffs, don’t stack your dumbells on ones that others are using. Also he was one of those guys that does his thing 2’ from the mirror in front of the dumbell rack.[/quote]
You should’ve gone “Tim Horton’s” on him and shoved one of those 25’s down his throat! That’d have shown him! I know you normally confine your fighting to Tim Horton’s on Saturday Mornings, when you dream up some excuse to assault patrons, but you should have at least dropped the DB’s on the floor while telling him, "keep your back arched when you pick ‘em up so you can see [b]THAT[/b] in the mirror, too, you f*ckin’ mullet!

One question, since I’ve already semi-hijacked Court’s thread: Do you go 'round to different Tim Horton’s to beat up people? Since there are so many in Canada you can just circulate so that when you finally revisit one they’ve forgotten all about you.

[quote]Court wrote:

A couple of days ago I saw two guys with their shirts up and flexing their abs TOGETHER and commenting on it. I was in shock. I believe I stopped in my tracks and totally shot them the “what the fuck” look. The things you see at a University gym…

I’ve caught myself flexing my biceps, and then pretend I’m pulling my hair back if someone walks by, LOL!

I’ve flexed many things in front of a mirror but never my biceps. They aren’t that big to begin with.

How do you like the Sheiko training court?

[quote]Bartl wrote:
I’ve flexed many things in front of a mirror but never my biceps. They aren’t that big to begin with.

How do you like the Sheiko training court?[/quote]

All of which begs the question: what is big enough to flex in front of the mirror?

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Bartl wrote:

All of which begs the question: what is big enough to flex in front of the mirror?[/quote]

LOL

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Bartl wrote:

All of which begs the question: what is big enough to flex in front of the mirror?[/quote]

I give the guy shit cuz all he ever writes about is sex and so he finally writes about something else and this is where you bring it… for shame ouro, for shame.

Bartl in answer to your question, Sheiko is kicking my ass but I love it. As long as there is a good crowd at the gym that I can have fun with while training, the time goes by relatively quickly. I’ve read it doesn’t do much for lots of people’s bench but I don’t understand how it can’t improve mine.

I’m benching all the time and doing lots of volume and well, frankly, my bench sucks. Volume is fun and now that my horomone levels are back to better standards, this week felt much easier than last week where I wanted to throw in the towel. Thankfully I’m too stubborn :slight_smile:

Facebook Etiquette:

If you add someone on facebook, don’t assume they know who you are. If you met them through a friend once or, I don’t know, stalked them from T-Nation and found their profile, at least add a little message where there’s the option when you click “add as friend” and say “Oh hey…it’s from T-Nation”. I don’t add random people.

/rant

ohhh, I’m going to facebook stalk you now! I mean it! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Court wrote:
Facebook Etiquette:

If you add someone on facebook, don’t assume they know who you are. If you met them through a friend once or, I don’t know, stalked them from T-Nation and found their profile, at least add a little message where there’s the option when you click “add as friend” and say “Oh hey…it’s from T-Nation”. I don’t add random people.

/rant[/quote]

Geeze. I thought you’d recognise me. Way to make me feel like shit.

Seriously though I think I may create a facebook account. I have people I need to stalk.

Last Friday I was chatting on the phone with a friend in the Southern States. He was finishing up a convo with a friend on facebook and asked me if I knew what facebook was. Gee. No I don’t. It’s a good thing he’s handsome and has a super sexy southern drawl.

That didn’t prevent my daughters’ and I from mocking him later though. Now that I think about it, he may have been winding me up. I am kind of slow.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Now that I think about it, he may have been winding me up. I am kind of slow.[/quote]
You think ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Bartl wrote:

wouldn’t you like to know :open_mouth:

[quote]Court wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
Bartl wrote:

All of which begs the question: what is big enough to flex in front of the mirror?

I give the guy shit cuz all he ever writes about is sex and so he finally writes about something else and this is where you bring it… for shame ouro, for shame.

Bartl in answer to your question, Sheiko is kicking my ass but I love it. As long as there is a good crowd at the gym that I can have fun with while training, the time goes by relatively quickly. I’ve read it doesn’t do much for lots of people’s bench but I don’t understand how it can’t improve mine.

I’m benching all the time and doing lots of volume and well, frankly, my bench sucks. Volume is fun and now that my horomone levels are back to better standards, this week felt much easier than last week where I wanted to throw in the towel. Thankfully I’m too stubborn :)[/quote]

Just think what will happen when you dial in your nutrition! I wouldn’t worry about your bench to much. With legs like those, you should dominate your weight class with squats and dead’s anyways.

[quote]WxHerk wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
Now that I think about it, he may have been winding me up. I am kind of slow.

[/quote]

That’s enough out of you. I may have also bought into how you can’t get pregnant if you do it standing up but that’s no reason to make fun.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
WxHerk wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

That’s enough out of you. I may have also bought into how you can’t get pregnant if you do it standing up but that’s no reason to make fun.[/quote]
I don’t think I can get pregnant no matter how do it!! Uh oh. I didn’t mean it quite the way it came out. I ain’t that kinda boy, you know! :wink:

[quote]WxHerk wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
WxHerk wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

That’s enough out of you. I may have also bought into how you can’t get pregnant if you do it standing up but that’s no reason to make fun.
I don’t think I can get pregnant no matter how I do it!! Uh oh. I didn’t mean it quite the way it came out. I ain’t that kinda boy, you know! :wink:

[/quote]

Will you two get a room? Or at least move to a log dedicated to southern drawling men and raging tim hortons bitches? lol

I think I know who this latest facebook addition is, however until he/she comes clean, they are remaining in my “to be confirmed” friends list.

[quote]Court wrote:
WxHerk wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
WxHerk wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

I don’t think I can get pregnant no matter how I do it!! Uh oh. I didn’t mean it quite the way it came out. I ain’t that kinda boy, you know! :wink:

Will you two get a room? Or at least move to a log dedicated to southern drawling men and raging tim hortons bitches? lol

I think I know who this latest facebook addition is, however until he/she comes clean, they are remaining in my “to be confirmed” friends list. [/quote]

. . . sorry . . . . . :frowning:

My Friday the 13th is almost over and I’ll go to bed after midnight so Jason can’t get me. Y’all are an hour ahead, so ouroboro_s, on the other hand, should be snoozing away since she needs to be well rested to beat the ever lovin’, pee-line shit out of some poor, unsuspecting Tim Horton’s customer in the morning.

Won’t be long before she starts bringing her daughters and picking out one with kids so her kids can beat them up and assert their family’s dominance.