T Nation

Revolution is My Name

I second that…

[quote]Bartl wrote:
Sayjin wrote:and you have nice legs

I second that…

[/quote]

Awww thanks boys :smiley: Blush.
Does it surprise either of you that I’m now in love with short shorts, short skirts and summer dresses? lol

So today was a day off from lifting, and boy did I ever need it! I came home from work, crashed for an hour, then went outside in the insane heat (still) and did some HIIT. Did 1:30/3:30 run/jog splits… 10 of them. My legs still feel like poo from Monday, so I’m hoping I wake up tomorrow and they feel better since tomorrow is another leg day.

Goods news!! I got promoted at work today!!! It’s effective July 1 (aka my birthday…yikes) and I’ll find out what goodies ($$) are associated with it by mid July. I’m going out for a celebratory dinner with the family unit on Friday as both of my brothers graduated from highschool tonight as well. So, I’m pretty pumped. I worked my ass off this year and knew I deserved it…it’s just nice to actually be recognized for it.

Going to sleep early tonight, attempt to bash the last of this cold and be ready for a great leg session tomorrow.

[quote]Bartl wrote:

I second that…

[/quote]

Feed the ego boys!! Feed the ego!

We’re going for this:

[quote]ddot76 wrote:
Bartl wrote:

I second that…

We’re going for this:

[/quote]

Aww, c’mon guys!! You know she’s putting those legs to shame already.

[quote]skyel7 wrote:
ddot76 wrote:
Bartl wrote:

I second that…

We’re going for this:

Aww, c’mon guys!! You know she’s putting those legs to shame already.

[/quote]

hahaha Thanks skye! If only my ass looked like that when I put skirts like that on…because then they would become part of my everyday wardrobe! Todd can we work on that?

[quote]Court wrote:
hahaha Thanks skye! if only my ass looked like that when I put skirts like that on…because then they would become part of my everyday wardrobe! Todd can we work on that? [/quote]

As KG said… Anything is possible!

[quote]Court wrote:
hahaha Thanks skye! If only my ass looked like that when I put skirts like that on…because then they would become part of my everyday wardrobe! Todd can we work on that? [/quote]

Like KG said, ‘Anything is possible!!’…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x0NM9o2fjQ

So yesterday was supposed to be leg day… however I had volleyball at 7 and afterwards stayed for a drink. Well one drink turned into 3 and 8pm turned into 10pm.

Needless to say, I decided that doing a leg workout at 10pm, 3 drinks in would be a rather dumb thing to do. So, I ‘worked from home’ today and hit the gym around lunchtime.

It’s been about 30 degrees here. But 30 and muggy as hell. I’m certainly not complaining about the heat outside. However if it was 30 outside, my gym was about 40 and muggy. It was so gross. Between the workout and the heat, I felt lightheaded and vomitous throughout the entire session. Either way, here it is:

A. Front Squats 4x10-12, 90s rest - 2x10@95lbs, 2x12@85lbs
B. Lunges 4x10-12, 60s rest - 2x12@20lb DBs, 2X11@20lb DBs
C1. Leg Press 3x8, no rest - 4@90lbs
C2. Leg Curl 3x8, 45s rest - 4@75lbs
D1. Hyperextensions 2x20, no rest - 2@BW
D2. Leg Extensions 2x30, 45s rest - 2@45lbs - these were done 10 toes pointed out, 10 toes pointed in, 10 toes pointed straight.
E. Calf Circuit (different than Mondays)

I don’t know if it was the heat, taking HRX too close to my workout, or what, but A and B sucked. I was shaking by the end of each set. Usually between sets, I kind of half walk around, or at least stand near my equipment. Between each set of A and B I either sat down on a nearby bench or leaned against a wall like I was dying. I felt really gross and really out of shape.

So, for C-E I really focused on tempo. As a result, I really felt a burn in every movement. Fantastic. It was a tough as hell workout. I then biked for 25minutes to try to flush my legs as walking towards the changeroom, it looked like I had something shoved right up my ass.

I was the sweatiest most disgusting looking excuse for a female. HAWT! (And I wonder after saying things like this why I’m still single heehee)

I got home like 2 hours ago and I still feel icky. Going to attempt to shower again and get semi pretty as it’s celebration dinner with the fam tonight.

Now for my vent:
My birthday falls on a long weekend… or people extend it into a long weekend. As a result, nobody is ever around and I hate birthdays.

I was frustrated earlier this week because next weekend we’ve been planning on going to a beach volleyball tournament and I ‘misunderstood’ that our team as a whole was no longer going. Anyways, it’s been discussed since like March/April and decided that since I was going up with some friends we’d celebrate my birthday then.

I’m still heading up, but someone that I used to be really close to no longer is. I feel frustrated/hurt even though I understand this person’s reason (as long as what they’ve told me is the only reason - though I have doubts). It feels like I’m always feeling this way (let down) by this person since a significant other entered their lives. I don’t know what the right answer is.

Anyways, now it’s been “decided” by this person that after our volleyball game on Tuesday (my actual birthday) that I’m getting hammered (despite having to work the next day). I feel like they’re trying to make up for things, but I’m not sure they ever will be okay.

My head and my heart are very conflicted about what I should do. I care about this person too much as a friend to let them go, but at the same time feel like I can’t rely on them which sucks.

Okay, enough depressing bullshit. I’m going to hit the shower (again) and pretty up for dinner. I’ll post again either tomorrow or Sunday after my pull session.

[quote]Court wrote:

I was frustrated earlier this week because next weekend we’ve been planning on going to a beach volleyball tournament and I ‘misunderstood’ that our team as a whole was no longer going.

Anyways, it’s been discussed since like March/April and decided that since I was going up with some friends we’d celebrate my birthday then. I’m still heading up, but someone that I used to be really close to no longer is.

I feel frustrated/hurt even though I understand this person’s reason (as long as what they’ve told me is the only reason - though I have doubts). It feels like I’m always feeling this way (let down) by this person since a significant other entered their lives.

I don’t know what the right answer is. Anyways, now it’s been “decided” by this person that after our volleyball game on Tuesday (my actual birthday) that I’m getting hammered (despite having to work the next day). I feel like they’re trying to make up for things, but I’m not sure they ever will be okay.

My head and my heart are very conflicted about what I should do. I care about this person too much as a friend to let them go, but at the same time feel like I can’t rely on them which sucks.

Okay, enough depressing bullshit. I’m going to hit the shower (again) and pretty up for dinner. I’ll post again either tomorrow or Sunday after my pull session.[/quote]

Hmmm. Sounds like your friend is completely p-whipped (not sure if your friend is a guy, if so he is pussy whipped or if its a girl she is prick whipped). Either way, your friend needs to get some balls (no pun intended) and set things straight.

My boys and I have a saying that goes back almost 15 years…Bro’s before Ho’s. Your friends should ALWAYS come first.

Two more random things I forgot to mention:

1. It smells like something died in my car. I believe the (not quite) empty protein shaker that sat on the floor for 2 days in 30degree weather may be the source.

The other option: I killed someone or something, stashed the body in my car and forgot about it. Either way, the offensive protein shaker (note: Wild Raspberry does not smell good after 2 days of heat) was removed yesterday morning and the stench is still there. I now have a pretty smelling body spray in there that I have to spray everytime I get in so I don’t gag. ----

Now that I think about it, maybe this contributes to the singledom… or maybe it’s just the fact that I haven’t found anyone “good enough” for me lately.

1. I just read TC’s Atomic Dog. I live for Fridays because of these. And this one comes at such an appropriate time. Last night during my 3 drinks post volleyball, a new acquaintance said that I was a bad girl and that’s why we got along so well so quickly - I’m sarcastic, I’m pervy and I make inappropriate comments.

I then sent my best friend a text on my drive home telling her to call me and yell at me because I was having thoughts of interacting with a bad boy. She says “Court, I thought you got over your bad boy phase in highschool!” Well apparently not heehee.

Bad boys are a necessary evil… just like “bitches” for men. It makes you realize what you really want.

You didn’t leave the bad boy in the car with the windows rolled up did you?

[quote]mpenix wrote:
You didn’t leave the bad boy in the car with the windows rolled up did you?[/quote]

Hmmm normally I would say that could be a very likely scenario, however said bad boy called me last night. I will be entering my car shortly. I left the windows down most of yesterday, so I’m hoping the smell dissipated slightly. If not, Victoria’s Secret body spray, here I come!

So this weekend has been spent doing the following: Eating too much, drinking too much. Not necessarily in that order. And I have to go to work tomorrow. Bleh. At least I have Tuesday off…hoping to be able to get out at a decent time tomorrow. Anyways, I hit up the gym this afternoon for a quickie pull session as follows:

A. Assissted Pull Ups 4x4 75s rest
B. Bent over BB row 4x6 60lbs 60s rest
C1. Upright row 3x12 40lbs no rest
C2. Bent over DB laterals 3x12 7.5lbs 45s rest
D. Bicep cable curl 2x6/12/25 50lbs/25lbs/10lbs 60s rest
E. Ab circuit

It was a quick session with the most random group of people ever. I think it’s because a lot of people are taking an extended long weekend, but hardly any regulars were there, despite the fact that I was training at my usual Sunday time. Today was bicep day for the randoms that were there though. Those ‘days’ make me laugh.

I want to test out my 1RM tomorrow for squats, however that depends if anyone is at the gym that I trust to spot me. In the ideal world, this guy that I used to refer to as “Hot Back Guy” (well I still kinda do, but now I know his name) will be around and can spot me. He actually knows what he’s doing and given that Todd isn’t around, he’s next on my list of people to spot me.

Last week I was talking to one of the other regulars about my goal and he said if I squat 225 with the form I have now he’ll make out with me as soon as I rack the bar. Uhhh thanks? I told him I’d let him hold the camera to video it.

I’ve decided that Killswitch Engage is the best training music ever when you’re struggling. It’s angry and makes me happy. Bartl and others may disagree, but I find the gym is the only place for them though.

Anyways, I’m pretty boring tonight despite the fact that my mind is working overtime. Once I’m able to pull together a thought and maybe analyze a little, I’ll share. Until then, my puppy is passed out on my leg and it’s slowly falling asleep so I should move her and put her to bed. She played with our friend’s lab tonight and I think she’ll sleep for the next 3 days.

[quote]ddot76 wrote:
Court wrote:
hahaha Thanks skye! If only my ass looked like that when I put skirts like that on…because then they would become part of my everyday wardrobe! Todd can we work on that?

Like KG said, ‘Anything is possible!!’…

[/quote]

Hey great job! Hope you hit your mark!
BTW - That video, it gives me the chills every time i hear KG screaming and crying. Wow!
And the pic is for you lol

[quote]j2r110 wrote:
And the pic is for you lol [/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement… and the pic… maybe I’ll wear that when I do my 225. hahaha Yeah right.

So work sucked today. And then I came home to a cranky family because everyone took the day off and my dad was making my brothers work like crazy. We had dinner and ice cream cake (my fave)… so in a few hours I’m going to hit the gym. Ice cream cake is definitely not the best pre-workout food, but hey, what can ya do.

I realized today just how special my 19yo brother is. He was complaining about being tired because he had to work outside in the sun today fixing the deck with my dad. According to him he did everything… including screwing in the nails. So about 5 minutes after we all stopped laughing at him, he tells my mom and I (full of pride) that he was using the chop saw. My mom said “Well maybe you should be a carpenter”. My younger brother and I just look at each other waiting for what is about to come out of his mouth. Sure enough, he doesn’t disappoint: “No mom, I want to make things with wood, not install carpet.”

Yep. That’s my brother. Even better is that he’s going to a top biz school in the states next year. Oh if they only knew…

So I have a couple rants today, but I’ll start with the good stuff… I tested my 1RM today… wait for it… wait for it…

195lbs!

Woohoo. Higher than I even expected. 165 and 175 both went up easy. The first time at 185 my spotter helped me a little, but I knew I had it in me. The second time at 185 it went up pretty quickly and 195 was a monsterous struggle and a half, but that’s where I maxed out. Had a great spotter (who is also a T-Nation lover like myself). It was really nice having someone actually call me to lift up and verbally push me through to the end. Especially nice since I’d never talked to the guy before :slight_smile:

I wasn’t going to test it tonight because I didn’t know anyone in the gym. But, as I was warming up in the squat rack, saw a guy (who I’ve seen around before) doing amazing ATG squats with great form. He was kind enough to put his training on pause every few minutes while I did a single. We chatted about a few of different programs from this site we’ve tried or thought of trying. I think he was jealous that I’d trained with Alwyn Cosgrove…but who wouldn’t be :smiley:

Anyways, after that, my legs were pretty fried, but I beat myself further with the following:

A. Back Squats - should have been 6x4 with 90s rest, but I only did 4 sets after maxing out. 3@145, 1@135
B. Deadlifts - 4x8 60s rest - 3@115, 1@105
C1. Sumo Squats - 3x8 0s rest - 3@50lbs
C2. Leg Curl - 3x8 45s rest - 3@75lbs

• Can increase one of these weights next week
    D1. Step Ups - 2x25/leg 0s rest - 2@BW
    D2. Leg Extensions - 2x25 45s - 4@60lbs/10@52.5lbs/11@40lbs, 25@40lbs

Afterwards, in my sweaty awesome state, I biked for 15min in an attempt to get some feeling back in my legs. Great workout. I’m taking tomorrow off… however I plan on playing beach volleyball all afternoon, so it’s not like I’m doing nothing.

So now my rants:

1. Weightlifting Belts.
    I understand they have their place and their purpose. While using the leg press machine…not so much. While using the smith machine doing quater squats and moaning/groaning super loud, also not the place. However, that’s what a guy was doing tonight. Bitch please!

2. Women that are scared to lift heavy because they believe they will wake up one morning looking like the Incredible Hulk.
    Today at work I was helping out on a different project until mine starts. I was with two teeny ladies and they mentioned I’d lost tons of weight. They asked how much cardio I had to do for that.

We briefly discussed my half marathon but I said I hadn’t really run since then but just lift weights. They then said “But if you lift heavy you’ll just gain weight” and they firmly believed that you will not lose fat, but will just put size on overtop of it. Apparently lots of cardio and lifting pink dumbbells for tons of reps will help you lose the most weight.

I decided it wasn’t worth getting into the fact that while I haven’t lost “pounds”, I continue to lean out. Instead, yes, I will wake up one morning with huge bulging biceps, monsterous legs, and no boobs, only pecs. Bitch please!

[quote]Court wrote:
So now my rants:

1. Weightlifting Belts.
    I understand they have their place and their purpose. While using the leg press machine…not so much. While using the smith machine doing quater squats and moaning/groaning super loud, also not the place. However, that’s what a guy was doing tonight. Bitch please!

2. Women that are scared to lift heavy because they believe they will wake up one morning looking like the Incredible Hulk.
    Today at work I was helping out on a different project until mine starts. I was with two teeny ladies and they mentioned I’d lost tons of weight. They asked how much cardio I had to do for that.

We briefly discussed my half marathon but I said I hadn’t really run since then but just lift weights. They then said “But if you lift heavy you’ll just gain weight” and they firmly believed that you will not lose fat, but will just put size on overtop of it. Apparently lots of cardio and lifting pink dumbbells for tons of reps will help you lose the most weight.

I decided it wasn’t worth getting into the fact that while I haven’t lost “pounds”, I continue to lean out. Instead, yes, I will wake up one morning with huge bulging biceps, monsterous legs, and no boobs, only pecs. Bitch please! [/quote]
Priceless!
My workout sucked today and I figured I’d stop by and see how you are doing, this really put a smile on my face…

[quote]Court wrote:
Bitch please! [/quote]

If you could upload an audio clip of you saying this, that would be great.