Revolution is My Name

[quote]Court wrote:
It’s called warm up Neely Dan. Sure I’ll get to 135, but I’d like to start out with the bar first. Plus you left it on the safety bars at like mid-shin height so if people even wanted to squat they’d either have to clean it up to the pins or unload it and reload it. Bastards.

You didn’t see the pink belt? Actually I might not have had it on at that point… I would have known it was you if you had your jersey on that you always boast about, but since you didn’t, I couldn’t be sure. And I don’t really smile at people I don’t know at the gym (especially guys) cuz sometimes they take it as an invitation to talk to you about how awesome they are or about how sweet my ass looks. I stick to the people I know.

And yeah, he was clean and pressing 205. He’s also the one that hissed at the girl. He went for 225 after and missed it on the clean cuz he got in his head. I gave him shit because if he had pulled it with as much force as he did the 205, he’d have had it. Instead he pussied out. Pussy.[/quote]

You were really taking notice of what I was doing in the rack, huh? Ammo for the forums!

I don’t see colour, but I did notice you tightening up a belt - by that time I was down by the dumbbells, though.

[quote]Court wrote:

They agreed that I should get a looser suit to start, so a 40. Both the other 2 lifters have 40 suits that are currently on loan to the same person (go figure). Apparently once she borrows something it takes forever to get back. Matt’s going to hunt her down and get them back so I can use one for the next little while. I think the suit will make my hips happy. Even having that suit partway up felt good when I tried squatting to push the legs up more. It gives them support and right now, they need all the support they can get…they DO NOT like squatting twice in a session![/quote]

Suits are very good for the hips. For a while, I was having this awful ache in my hip that only showed up when I would squat (even body weight) raw. Wearing a suit took the pain away completely.

After purchasing one suit, I think I should’ve gotten a smaller size, even though this one took forever for me to get used to. Seeing the women at Nationals this weekend, I can go much tighter, and I kind of regret spending a bunch of money on a suit that will end up too big.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Court wrote:

They agreed that I should get a looser suit to start, so a 40. Both the other 2 lifters have 40 suits that are currently on loan to the same person (go figure). Apparently once she borrows something it takes forever to get back. Matt’s going to hunt her down and get them back so I can use one for the next little while. I think the suit will make my hips happy.

Even having that suit partway up felt good when I tried squatting to push the legs up more. It gives them support and right now, they need all the support they can get…they DO NOT like squatting twice in a session!

Suits are very good for the hips. For a while, I was having this awful ache in my hip that only showed up when I would squat (even body weight) raw. Wearing a suit took the pain away completely.

After purchasing one suit, I think I should’ve gotten a smaller size, even though this one took forever for me to get used to. Seeing the women at Nationals this weekend, I can go much tighter, and I kind of regret spending a bunch of money on a suit that will end up too big.[/quote]

I think I should have gone smaller on my suit too. I started with the size 36 Centurion, traded it for the 32 and now think a 30 would be much better.

However, if I’d started out with the 30, it might have been too tight to start out with. I’m still looking for my cash sponsor :slight_smile:

Court wrote:

They agreed that I should get a looser suit to start, so a 40. Both the other 2 lifters have 40 suits that are currently on loan to the same person (go figure). Apparently once she borrows something it takes forever to get back. Matt’s going to hunt her down and get them back so I can use one for the next little while. I think the suit will make my hips happy. Even having that suit partway up felt good when I tried squatting to push the legs up more. It gives them support and right now, they need all the support they can get…they DO NOT like squatting twice in a session!

After purchasing one suit, I think I should’ve gotten a smaller size, even though this one took forever for me to get used to. Seeing the women at Nationals this weekend, I can go much tighter, and I kind of regret spending a bunch of money on a suit that will end up too big.[/quote]

That’s where I am right now. Bodyweight squats hurts. Weighted squats hurt. In sort of the middle part of my squat training they stop hurting, but then they’re sore again by the end. I’m going to be getting it either Wed or Thurs evening this week! Yay!!

I didn’t want to buy one when these guys said they could find me a used one to start with. They say they can get my thunder thighs in the 38 I tried on. Judging by what you said re: Nationals, I should hope to get into a 36 at some point :slight_smile: I’ll start with the 40 and see where that takes me and see if I can shed all the fat from my thighs and maybe get into a smaller suit eventually lol. The woman whose suit it is said it will fit my thighs, but may be big through my hips/stomach. We shall see…

[quote]Court wrote:
PS. I love deadlifts. I’m starting to like them more than squats. It might be because the squatting is hurting my hips these days, but deadlifting is fun fun fun.

I sumo-deadlifted again today. I’m really enjoying it and definitely getting the hang of it![/quote]

Sheiko is hard on hips (I’ve done many cycles). Consider getting some briefs, as they will add support and you’ll feel better. Plus, they’re cheaper than suits and easier to get on/off. Don’t feel that you have to get them tight, either – loose briefs work just fine for hip support. So a couple of sizes over your competition suit size would work fine.

I’ve got Metal Ace for pop and Metal Pro for support and can vouch for them. Some swear by others:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/thoughts_on_squat_briefs

Also, sumo will add wear to those hips if you’re spreading your hips and knees as you should. Consider getting briefs or wearing a loose suit. You’ll be glad you did.

Speed.

[quote]sdspeedracer wrote:
Court wrote:
PS. I love deadlifts. I’m starting to like them more than squats. It might be because the squatting is hurting my hips these days, but deadlifting is fun fun fun.

I sumo-deadlifted again today. I’m really enjoying it and definitely getting the hang of it!

Sheiko is hard on hips (I’ve done many cycles). Consider getting some briefs, as they will add support and you’ll feel better. Plus, they’re cheaper than suits and easier to get on/off. Don’t feel that you have to get them tight, either – loose briefs work just fine for hip support. So a couple of sizes over your competition suit size would work fine.

I’ve got Metal Ace for pop and Metal Pro for support and can vouch for them. Some swear by others:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/thoughts_on_squat_briefs

Also, sumo will add wear to those hips if you’re spreading your hips and knees as you should. Consider getting briefs or wearing a loose suit. You’ll be glad you did.

Speed.

[/quote]

You just had to say “if you’re spreading your hips and knees as you should” didn’t you… Ouro will jump all over that!

I’m getting the loose suit and will wear it for squats and deads. We can’t wear briefs in IPF so I’m thinking of just using the suit with straps down unless I’m at a weight I need them up. Honestly, even just wearing the suit after having squatted twice felt so good on my hips. I think I might start wearing it under my clothes once I get it :smiley:

[quote]Court wrote:
You just had to say “if you’re spreading your hips and knees as you should” didn’t you… Ouro will jump all over that!

I’m getting the loose suit and will wear it for squats and deads. We can’t wear briefs in IPF so I’m thinking of just using the suit with straps down unless I’m at a weight I need them up. Honestly, even just wearing the suit after having squatted twice felt so good on my hips. I think I might start wearing it under my clothes once I get it :smiley:
[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that too, but I’m trying to stay away from the really easy, obvious jokes.

I get some support with the straps down, crotch seated, and belt holding the suit in place. If I don’t have the belt on, the suit slides right down the butt.

I get some support with the straps down, crotch seated, and belt holding the suit in place. If I don’t have the belt on, the suit slides right down the butt.[/quote]

Well thankfully for me, I have a big ass to go along with my thunder thighs…

[quote]Court wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
I get some support with the straps down, crotch seated, and belt holding the suit in place. If I don’t have the belt on, the suit slides right down the butt.

[/quote]

Girl, you have not seen a big ass until you see some of the women I met this weekend. It was amazing. :smiley:

Court wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:

Girl, you have not seen a big ass until you see some of the women I met this weekend. It was amazing. :-D[/quote]

This statement is useless without pics. I didn’t think I had to tell you the rules.

Tues Feb 17, Gym

Today started with some foam rolling and my new super duper mobility warm up courtesy of Bartl. By the time I was ready to go, I actually felt warm. My hips still felt a little sore and tight, but not as bad.

Squat:
45x10x1
95x5x2
145x5x1
175x4x1
205x3x2 → Belt(3)
235x3x5 → Belt(4), Wraps

Bench:
65x5x1
75x4x1
90x3x2
100x3x1

It’s amazing how much easier squatting is when you go back to the basics. Going to Niagara on Saturday was good because I was getting shit for not keeping my upper back tight. So tonight I was sitting back on my heels, butt first, and keeping my back tight. Things felt better.

Towards the last two sets though, my shoulder started really bugging me… When I moved onto bench I did some more shoulder warm ups, however things still didn’t feel so great. The 90lbs didn’t feel heavy, but just didn’t feel right and then on my set of 100 I got tingly through my fingers on my right side. After I racked it I moved them around and after a while tried to get under the bar again. I was still tingly. I decided to call it quits at that point because I didn’t feel like dropping 100lbs on my face… plus I have ART in the morning.

Tonight in the squat rack was interesting. First off, there were no regulars in the entire gym so I was getting tons of looks.

There was an older gentleman in one of the racks (maybe 50ish) who asked what the trick was to keeping my knees from tracking too far forward over my toes. He was experiencing some grinding and pain in his knees and one of the ‘trainers’ at the gym suggested he do box squats instead. I ended up giving him some pointers and watched a few sets between mine to help him out. Got him to set up a bit wider and shift his weight to his heels. He really appreciated it and thanked me profusely.

I wandered to get some water and when I came back there was a guy with 95lbs on the bar plus the pussy pad. I was trying to figure out how many sets it would take before he ran off. I wrapped my knees and he had just unracked the bar as I was getting under mine. By the time I had racked my bar, he had racked his and left the area. He didn’t come back.

So then a guy came around and asked me if “someone” was still in the powercage. I said I was. He looked at the weight again, then looked at me, then looked at the weight, shook his head and got in the rack beside me. I’m pretty sure he thought I was lying or something. He started squatting and had finished one set when I was getting set up for my next one. I’m not sure if one was all he planned on doing, but it’s all he did. He too disappeared after my triple at 235.

I’m thinking of inviting these two to my next meet. Just for giggles.

[quote]Court wrote:
Tonight in the squat rack was interesting. First off, there were no regulars in the entire gym so I was getting tons of looks.

There was an older gentleman in one of the racks (maybe 50ish) who asked what the trick was to keeping my knees from tracking too far forward over my toes. He was experiencing some grinding and pain in his knees and one of the ‘trainers’ at the gym suggested he do box squats instead. I ended up giving him some pointers and watched a few sets between mine to help him out. Got him to set up a bit wider and shift his weight to his heels. He really appreciated it and thanked me profusely.

I wandered to get some water and when I came back there was a guy with 95lbs on the bar plus the pussy pad. I was trying to figure out how many sets it would take before he ran off. I wrapped my knees and he had just unracked the bar as I was getting under mine. By the time I had racked my bar, he had racked his and left the area. He didn’t come back.

So then a guy came around and asked me if “someone” was still in the powercage. I said I was. He looked at the weight again, then looked at me, then looked at the weight, shook his head and got in the rack beside me. I’m pretty sure he thought I was lying or something. He started squatting and had finished one set when I was getting set up for my next one. I’m not sure if one was all he planned on doing, but it’s all he did. He too disappeared after my triple at 235.

I’m thinking of inviting these two to my next meet. Just for giggles. [/quote]

…God, I hope you’re a nicer person in person. So much hatred. At least you were nice to the old man.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Court wrote:

…God, I hope you’re a nicer person in person. So much hatred. At least you were nice to the old man.

[/quote]

Where in those stories was I a mean person? I did absolutely nothing mean. I wasn’t rude. Maybe in my head, but I didn’t even give dirty looks to the guy using the pussy pad…

[quote]Court wrote:

Towards the last two sets though, my shoulder started really bugging me… When I moved onto bench I did some more shoulder warm ups, however things still didn’t feel so great. The 90lbs didn’t feel heavy, but just didn’t feel right and then on my set of 100 I got tingly through my fingers on my right side. After I racked it I moved them around and after a while tried to get under the bar again. I was still tingly. I decided to call it quits at that point because I didn’t feel like dropping 100lbs on my face… plus I have ART in the morning.
[/quote]

I’m not sure what your shoulder problem is, but mine are frequently bothering me with squats and what I found works best is doing some light/high rep band face pulls. I just do a few quick sets between my squat warm-ups.

The lifter that told me it also mentioned the face pulls would help with deadlift lock outs, nice side benefit!

He also mentioned that when doing Sheiko programs it helps to replace bench with 1 or 2 board presses every once in a while to make it easier on your shoulders.

PS- I promise to have a smart-ass comment in my next post. :slight_smile:

[quote]Court wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Court wrote:

Where in those stories was I a mean person? I did absolutely nothing mean. I wasn’t rude. Maybe in my head, but I didn’t even give dirty looks to the guy using the pussy pad…
[/quote]

It was only a joke. Please calm down. There is no need for this to get violent. Put the gun down and everything will be alright.

Friends? Better yet, husband and wife?? I’ll let you eat in the bed this time.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Court wrote:

I’m not sure what your shoulder problem is, but mine are frequently bothering me with squats and what I found works best is doing some light/high rep band face pulls. I just do a few quick sets between my squat warm-ups.

The lifter that told me it also mentioned the face pulls would help with deadlift lock outs, nice side benefit!

He also mentioned that when doing Sheiko programs it helps to replace bench with 1 or 2 board presses every once in a while to make it easier on your shoulders.

PS- I promise to have a smart-ass comment in my next post. :)[/quote]

Wow…did you actually just post something serious and extremely useful? Do you have a fever :wink:

I’ve been asked to give up BB bench for a little bit and just do DB Presses or Floor Presses and Pin Presses. I’ve started added facepulls (though not band ones…good idea) in my warm ups and recovery days.

PS - It better be super snarky after that serious post.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
It was only a joke. Please calm down. There is no need for this to get violent. Put the gun down and everything will be alright.

Friends? Better yet, husband and wife?? I’ll let you eat in the bed this time.[/quote]

I don’t need a gun. I’ll just judo chop you. Then when you hunch down I’ll knee you in the face. Then when you crumple to the ground on your knees I’ll kick you square in the junk.

Friends sure - but only if you bring me an assortment of both pancakes and waffles to enjoy. As for husband and wife, I’m not sure how Bartl would feel about that… so for now, I say no.

[quote]Court wrote:

I don’t need a gun. I’ll just judo chop you. Then when you hunch down I’ll knee you in the face. Then when you crumple to the ground on your knees I’ll kick you square in the junk.

Friends sure - but only if you bring me an assortment of both pancakes and waffles to enjoy. As for husband and wife, I’m not sure how Bartl would feel about that… so for now, I say no. [/quote]

Dirty talk like that is what brings me back to your training log, Court.

No? That’s fine, but just remember this: The divorce rates are always on the rise. As are chances for Post-Divorce Comfort Sex (PDCS). And I’ll be waiting with pancakes in one hand and waffles in the other.

[quote]Court wrote:

I’m thinking of inviting these two to my next meet. Just for giggles. [/quote]

I can’t wait to train with you again babe, so I can still be doing my warm-ups with your 235 while you are wrapping and I can be the one giving you dirty looks at such light weight. Or the dirty looks will be because I will have been staring at your ass