T Nation

Review Program Based Off Best Damn Workout Plan

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could please review the new program I just began. It is based off of Christian Thibadeau’s Best Damn Workout Plan.

Sunday (Pull 1)

• A. Romanian deadlift: 3 warm-up sets of 4-6 reps, then 1 work set of rest/pause
  • B. Lat Prayer: 2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), and finally hold the stretched position as long as tolerable.
  • C. Dumbbell rear delt raises: 2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, and finally as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between.
  • D. Standing barbell drag curl: 3 warm-up sets of 4-6 reps, then 1 work set of rest/pause.
  • E. Zercher Hold: 6-9 seconds from pins.

Monday (Push 1)

• A. Zercher squat: 3 warm-up sets of 4-6 reps, then 1 work set of rest/pause.
  • B. Close-grip bench press: 3 warm-up sets of 4-6 reps, then 1 work set of rest/pause.
  • C. Dumbbell incline press: 2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), then hold the stretched position as long as tolerable.
  • D. Unilateral cable lateral raises: 2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, then as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between.
  • E. Leg Press Calf Jumps: 2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, then as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between.

Tuesday (Pull 2)

• A. Neutral grip pull-ups: 2 warm-up sets of 4-6 reps, then 1 work set of rest/pause.
  • B. Neutral grip seated row: 2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), and finally hold the stretched position as long as tolerable.
  • C. Leg curl: 2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, and finally as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between.
  • D. Bayesian Curl: 2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), and finally hold the stretched position.
  • E. Myotatic Crunch: 2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), and finally hold the stretched position.

Wednesday (Push 2)

• A. Barbell Sumo Military Press: 2-3 warm-up sets of 4-6 reps, then 1 work set of rest/pause.
  • B. Leg Press: 2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), and finally hold the stretched position.
  • C. Unilateral overhead cable triceps extensions: 2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), and then hold the stretched position.
  • D. Machine pec deck: 2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, and then as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between.

Thursday (Pull 3)

• A. Farmers Walk: 10-15 seconds
  • B. Pronated Chest-Supported Row: 3 warm-up sets of 4-6 reps then 1 work set of rest/pause.
  • C. Zercher Sumo Good mornings with front of feet elevated one inch: 2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), and then hold the stretched position.
  • D. Straight-arm pulldown: 2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, and finally as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between.
  • E. Cable curl: 2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, and finally as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between.

Friday (Push 3)

• A. Bench press: 3 warm-up sets of 4-6 reps, then 1 work set of rest/pause.
  • B. Dumbbell lateral raise on incline bench: 2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), and finally hold the stretched position as long as tolerable.
  • C. Leg extension: 2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, and finally as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between.
  • D. Rope triceps press down: 2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, and finally as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between.
  • E. Standing Calf Riase: 2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), and finally hold the stretched position as long as tolerable.

I give it a perfect 5/7.

It’s different how?

You’re going to get a lot of people asking What The reason is for modifying the original, so you might as well answer that question now.

Well I mainly just modified it to fit my home gym.
But also added some exercises that according to menno henselman are simply better.

you do know it’s a template…?

Yes, but it also says it’s his personal preferences and please feel free to modify exercises.

I didn’t change body parts or push pull.
For example I didn’t replace a bench press with a zercher squat.
I replaced an incline bench dumbbell curl with a Bayesian curl.

How can a curl be Bayesian? I mean I didn’t know there were frequentist ones.

Lol it looks like this

OK, it’s a curl using a cable machine. What has it got to do with Bayesian statistics?

That what Menno calls it.