Review My Sample Gain Diet on Pre-Diabetes

Hello Dears

Just got diagnosed with pre diabetes. So I’ve got to redo my diet plan. The idea is to have carbs only for Breakfast and around Workout.
Weight: 100 kg
BF: 15-20%
Anabolic Support: Sustanon250 (apprx. 500mg per week)

The Diet Plan:

|       pr    |   carb   |  fat	|

Meal 1 | 23 |30 | | 1 Whey and 50gm Oats
Meal 2 | 24 | | 30 | 8 whites and 30ml Olive Oil
Meal 3 | 54 | | 16 | 2 Whey and 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
Meal 4 | 60 | | 25 | 300gms chicken and 15ml Olive Oil and 1 slice Cheddar cheese and Veggies
Meal 5 | 60 | 30 | 15 | 300gms chicken and 15ml Olive Oil and 50gm Oats
Workout | 46 | | | 2 Whey and creatine and glutamine
Meal 6 | 23 | 60 | | 1 Whey and 2 Large Bananas and 250ml Milk
Meal 7 | 60 | | 25 | 300gms chicken and 15ml Olive Oil and 1 slice Cheddar cheese and Veggies
Snacking thru d day| 10 | 10 |25 |50gms almond
| 8 | 7 |32 |50gms walnut

macro gms| 368 | 137 | 168 |

calories| 1472 | 548 | 1512 | Total calories: 3532

Also, Optimum Opti-Men for Multivitamin and Fish Oil for supplements

I tested Fasted Blood sugar at 107 2 days back.
Keeping that as well in mind please review the above diet. Also if calories need to be increased to see better gains how can that be done?

Thanks in advance for your time and patience folks.

Bye 4 now.

anybody???

Wow that diet looks kinda boring

Also, I’m confused about your goal(s): are you looking to shave pts off your serum glucose readings? gain lbm? (actually, the latter should improve your insulin sensitivity and thereby help with the former but spell it all out for us)

Also, what’s your height, training experience, current setup etc.

And lastly, oats aren’t nearly magical enough to warrant eating them 2x/day. imo.

edited

[quote]chillain wrote:
Wow that diet looks kinda boring

Also, I’m confused about your goal(s): are you looking to shave pts off your serum glucose readings? gain lbm? (actually, the latter should improve your insulin sensitivity and thereby help with the former but spell it all out for us)

Also, what’s your height, training experience, current setup etc.

And lastly, oats aren’t nearly magical enough to warrant eating them 2x/day. imo.

edited[/quote]

Hey Chillain

Thanks for ur input.
I’m attempting a gain while ensuring that I don’t blow up the Blood sugar. You’ve read it right…improving Insulin sensitivity is an important part of this ordeal.
I’m 5"10, training for approx 5-6 years.
Training schedule:
Day 1: Chest, Shoulder, Triceps (High Volume)
Day 2: Legs (High Volume)
Day 4: Back (High Volume)
Day 5: CST (Low Volume)
Day 7: Back (Low Volume)

Since you don’t seem to like oats…what would you recommend as a better source of Complex Carbs in my situation? And honestly never mind the boredom part, I used to survive on Boiled potatoes and eggs for 2 meals everyday (with no other tastemakers added :))

Looking forward for your reply Bro…
TC…

Guys, speak your mind…your opinions are really important to me…
Bye 4 nw…

In my unprofessional opinion, I would prioritize that blood glucose goal and then approach the lbm gains from a better “starting point.” Then again, it feels like it should be possible to do both by cycling your carbs intake appropriately (based on training setup)

About the oats, they’re fine and all but there are plenty of other sources of soluble fiber (beans, fruits, nuts etc) that I would rotate in for variety. But that’s mostly personal preference…

I’ve read lot of good stuff about using whole eggs but somehow the fear of getting into heart trouble…anyways will add up 1-2 yellows with the 8 whites.

Got some detail on fatty acid profiles:

The major fatty acids in olive oil triacylglycerols are:

Oleic Acid (C18:1), a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. It makes up 55 to 83% of olive oil.
Linoleic Acid (C18:2), a polyunsaturated omega-6 fatty acid that makes up about 3.5 to 21% of olive oil.
Palmitic Acid (C16:0), a saturated fatty acid that makes up 7.5 to 20% of olive oil.
Stearic Acid (C18:0), a saturated fatty acid that makes up 0.5 to 5% of olive oil.
Linolenic Acid (C18:3)(specifically alpha-Linolenic Acid), a polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acid that makes up 0 to 1.5% of olive oil.

Fatty acid content of coconut oil
Type of fatty acid pct
Lauric saturated C12 47.5%
Myristic saturated C14 18.1%
Palmitic saturated C16 8.8%
Caprylic saturated C8 7.8%
Capric saturated C10 6.7%
Stearic saturated C18 2.6%
Caproic saturated C6 0.5%
Oleic monounsaturated C18 6.2%
Linoleic polyunsaturated C18 1.6%
Coconut oil contains approximately 92.1% saturated fatty acids, 6.2%
monounsaturated fatty acids, 1.6% polyunsaturated fatty acids.

1 30 gm slice of Cheddar Cheese:
Total Fat 9.3g
Saturated Fat 5.9g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3g
Total trans fatty acids~
Total trans-monoenoic fatty acids~
Total trans-polyenoic fatty acids~
Total Omega-3 fatty acids 102mg
Total Omega-6 fatty acids 162mg

With so much bad rap on Saturated Fats I was basically shying away from it…But i guess 30-50 ml a day shouldn’t harm.

Also, MODOK what did you mean by getting inflammatory issues? What is the ideal Fatty acid balance that would avoid inflammation?

Folks, please provide any first hand views you might have using Fat as a significant Macronutrient in your diet…it’s effect on LDL, HDL, Triglycerides etc.

TC…

Hi dear,

Is the sustanon doc-prescribed? I don’t know if it could have any influnce on blood sugar or not.

When I look at the foods you propose, it seems fine, it looks lowish carb and has some healthy stuff in it. As modok already noted, you seem to be avoiding fat in your protein choices. I would look into throwing in some whole eggs and red meat, thus reducing the need for added oils. More for variety than anything.

It would probably help things if you lost fat. Especially if you’re closer to the 20% level than the 15% level. You probably need to eat less calories for that.

Did the blood test show any other health worries?

[quote]EasyRhino wrote:
Hi dear,

Is the sustanon doc-prescribed? I don’t know if it could have any influnce on blood sugar or not.

When I look at the foods you propose, it seems fine, it looks lowish carb and has some healthy stuff in it. As modok already noted, you seem to be avoiding fat in your protein choices. I would look into throwing in some whole eggs and red meat, thus reducing the need for added oils. More for variety than anything.

It would probably help things if you lost fat. Especially if you’re closer to the 20% level than the 15% level. You probably need to eat less calories for that.

Did the blood test show any other health worries?
[/quote]

Hey Buddy

The Sust is not Doc prescribed. I’ve read at few places that Steroids in general help with Insulin sensitivity. And anyways, my blood sugar showed up messy in the pre-cycle test.

Since u asked about the cholesterol part:
My pre-cycle tests showed:

Total Cholesterol: 224
Triglycerides: 72.0
HDL: 56.5
LDL: 153

I freaked out and at that time d only fats I was taking was: 5 egg yellows, some butter and 30-50 ml Sunflower seed oil. SO i dropped off the yellows. Started using Olive oil instead of the Sunflower.

Results after 4-5 weeks:

Total Cholesterol: 206
Triglycerides: 53
HDL: 28.1
LDL: 137

So the overall result is, though LDL went down so did HDL. But as you may observe, I get the feeling that yellows don’t suit me very well.

And you’re absolutely right about the fat loss part. I should be certainly losing some. But didn’t want to reverse gears suddenly and run a fat loss now. I’ll sweat it a bit…do some quality gains and then after 4-5 weeks start off a fat loss cycle.

But buddy, 4-5 weeks into any kind of diet we need to have a blood check. That sounds naive but can really be an enlightenment on how you are responding to d stuff u r puttin in!

I ran on high carb & protein for gain & maintenance for almost 4-5 years. Not only did I waste lot of important time with less gains…i used to just bounce off between getting Huge with fat and then losing Muscle during fat loss (no anabolics and lot of cardio sessions). But what the hell…u r too dumb to read when u r younger…lol…

TC Folks…

[quote]mokshada wrote:
But as you may observe, I get the feeling that yellows don’t suit me very well.[/quote]

Very confused as to why you would single out them “yellows” as the culprit.

Also, supplementing with cinnamon appears to have beneficial effects on blood sugar levels. (should’ve mentioned this way earlier)

high five guys…
1 week on the new diet…
measured my Fasting Blood sugar 30mins back…guess how much…
90mg/dL…saved!!!

so d diet works!!!

Thanks for your help and support dears…calls for a celebration with pizza and beer…lolzzz…

TC

You HDL seemingly dropped a lot, quickly.

Keep hitting the fish oil, sport.