Review a Newbie program ....sort of...

This may be long, but A Little history first…

I started weight training at age 28, (5’11" and 155 lbs) after my fiance and I had been trying to eat Healthier for about 3 months. It unfortunately cut most red meat out of our diet and included a lot of experimentation with TOFU. The net result was that I lost 10 lbs that I really couldn’t spare and I felt like crap.

Then I found t-mag (1998) I fixed my diet and got myself up to 180 with 10% or less body fat.(Oct 2000) Then I bought a fixer upper and fell off the training wagon and I’m back to 165. I haven’t trained for two years, but now I’m starting. I got free weights, a bench, and a chin up bar, that’s it. My goal is 180 at 10% or less BF by Christmas. Currrent BF is about 10%.

Will this program start me on the road to 180?

MON. Squats 4 sets 6 reps each with increasing loading, medium tempo

Dead Lift 4 sets 6 reps each with increasing loading, medium tempo

Hack Squat with Barbell 4 sets 6 reps each with increasing loading, medium tempo

WED
Pull up/ chin up routine from Poliquin’s Back to basics Issue 100

FRI

Bench Press 4 sets 6 reps each with increased loading, medium tempo

Incline press 4 sets 6 reps each with increased loading, medium tempo

Behind the neck press 4 sets 6 reps each with increased loading, medium tempo.

I’ve coupled this with the pound o’week diet in the hopes that I can get back to 180 by christmas. Last time I got there my diet was clean but not much attention was paid to detail, i.e. getting enough protien everyday, or enough calories every day.

Thanks for your input

You’ll gain a little fat, but that shouldn’t discourage you.

Yeah I figured I’d gain some fat too, but I know that my body won’t hold on to it long. I’m an ectomporph (think that’s right) - hardgainer.

Thanks for the encouragement.