Reversing Soy Damage

A few months back I stumbled upon a free small tub of soy protein and took it happily. Is there any way to counteract the possible damage due to the excess estrogen?

I took it fairly quickly so my body could have been overloaded.
Would a simple low-level legal test booster help or is it too late?

Dude, I think you’re being a little paranoid. I know from reading articles here the conclusion could be drawn that as soon as you eat soy your balls fall off and you grow titties, but it’s not that big of a deal. Just don’t eat it anymore. Take some ZMA.

Just dont buy anymore. . . Ever.

I wouldn’t worry.

Unless all you can think about right now is baking a quiche.

[quote]Make1tRa1n wrote:
I wouldn’t worry.

Unless all you can think about right now is baking a quiche.[/quote]

there is absolutely nothing wrong with quiche. tasty, high in protien and very nutritious if you add the right veggies. hell, you can put some sausage in it too if you are scared your balls will fall off with out it.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
Make1tRa1n wrote:
I wouldn’t worry.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with quiche. tasty, high in protien and very nutritious if you add the right veggies. hell, you can put some sausage in it too if you are scared your balls will fall off with out it.

[/quote]

Know any good recipes?

[quote]texasguy wrote:
Make1tRa1n wrote:
I wouldn’t worry.

[/quote]

so what you’re saying is that sausage will counteract the ball dropping effects of soy? Brilliant!! I can’t wait to hit starbucks on the way home for one of those delicious half caf, no foam, soy lattes and then grab some jimmy dean sausages for dinner.

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
texasguy wrote:
Make1tRa1n wrote:
I wouldn’t worry.

Know any good recipes?
[/quote]

they say serving size 4, but i eat a whole one, some times a half depending on what else is on the days menu. i also use brown rice:

http://www.basic-recipes.com/r/quiche/quiche9.htm

they also have many others, this is just my favorite.

the quiche overview is:

http://www.basic-recipes.com/r/quiche/index.htm

and of course the whole site is:

http://www.basic-recipes.com

they have lots of good recipes for free in many categories.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
texasguy wrote:
Make1tRa1n wrote:
I wouldn’t worry.

so what you’re saying is that sausage will counteract the ball dropping effects of soy? Brilliant!! I can’t wait to hit starbucks on the way home for one of those delicious half caf, no foam, soy lattes and then grab some jimmy dean sausages for dinner.
[/quote]

and “dropped balls” are a good thing dumb ass.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
texasguy wrote:
Make1tRa1n wrote:
I wouldn’t worry.

[/quote]

hm. not sure why this didn’t post earlier but, since when did eggs contain soy protien?

[quote]texasguy wrote:
m0dd3r wrote:
texasguy wrote:
Make1tRa1n wrote:
I wouldn’t worry.

hm. not sure why this didn’t post earlier but, since when did eggs contain soy protien?

[/quote]

I think the quiche comment threw you off.

I don’t blame you, because we all know your sweet beard is slowly detracting from your IQ.

Does anyone know if the damage can be reversed to an eight year old boy whose been drinking Soy milk since he was two? This kid is my cousin and has very feminine mannerisms for his age.

I’ve tried warning his mother of the dangers of Soy but she is a nurse and of course knows what’s best for her child. I have been in his father’s ear, my dad’s brother, giving him several articles to read and he is very concerned. However they are seperated and he has no control of what the kid eats or drinks 90% of the time.

If he goes cold turkey now will his hormonal levels return to normal or is the damage done?

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
texasguy wrote:
Make1tRa1n wrote:
I wouldn’t worry.

Know any good recipes?
[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1082842&pageNo=3

Go to page 4 of the article for some kick ass mini quiches.

[quote]Huh? wrote:
Does anyone know if the damage can be reversed to an eight year old boy whose been drinking Soy milk since he was two? This kid is my cousin and has very feminine mannerisms for his age.

I’ve tried warning his mother of the dangers of Soy but she is a nurse and of course knows what’s best for her child. I have been in his father’s ear, my dad’s brother, giving him several articles to read and he is very concerned. However they are seperated and he has no control of what the kid eats or drinks 90% of the time.

If he goes cold turkey now will his hormonal levels return to normal or is the damage done?
[/quote]

I’m sorry, but who is writing that Soy is that damned influential when it comes to someone’s hormonal profile? I know a bodybuilder who can’t eat eggs or any milk products. he gets much of his extra protein from soy. He is also more developed and in better shape than nearly all of the pictures I have seen posted on this site from the forums here. It is one thing to simply avoid soy based on the possibility…and quite another to start acting like we need to be filing for child abuse because parents are feeding it to kids.

Guys I need help. I have been eating pussy for going on 17 years now. I read that “you are what you eat” in another thread and frankly I am scared. Is there any way to reverse the damage eating pussy has done to me? I don’t feel it, but I know it must be true. With the amount of pussy I have eaten over the years, I must be the biggest pussy around. Please help, I am frightened (is this the pussy part of me showing through?) and I don’t want to be a pussy forever. God I hope I didn’t screw up. Please constructive comments only, I don’t need to feel any worse than I already do. I just wish people would have told me this when I was a teenager.

Sorry for the thread hijack, I just couldn’t help it. Oh also, I think one of my testicles is slightly smaller than it used to be, is this the same thing or yet another problem? God I hate all of this.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Huh? wrote:

I’m sorry, but who is writing that Soy is that damned influential when it comes to someone’s hormonal profile? I know a bodybuilder who can’t eat eggs or any milk products. he gets much of his extra protein from soy. He is also more developed and in better shape than nearly all of the pictures I have seen posted on this site from the forums here. It is one thing to simply avoid soy based on the possibility…and quite another to start acting like we need to be filing for child abuse because parents are feeding it to kids.
[/quote]

I agree that any adult can get by on soy. Particularly anyone who trains with intensity and doesn’t drown in the minutia of bodybuilding. I believe the caveat is that soy fucks with the developing brain. Either that or I’m making that last part up.

What is wrong with soy? I drink soy milk everyday, should I stop lol?

I’m sorry, but who is writing that Soy is that damned influential when it comes to someone’s hormonal profile?
[/quote]

There was an article recently on this site. Here’s part of it.

"Soy lowers Testosterone levels! Just about all soy products on the market contain the phytoestrogens (plant estrogens) known as isoflavones. Plant estrogens have lowered Testosterone levels in rats, monkeys, and other animals as well as humans. For grown men, this usually leads to decreased libido and lower sperm count. There’s an old wives tale that Japanese women punish their straying husbands by feeding them a lot of tofu!

We can joke about that but not about the effect on baby boys fed soy formula. Pediatricians are reporting more and more cases of emasculated boys reaching puberty with breasts and tiny penises. Undescended testicles are also far more common than they were in the past.

Remember too that soy estrogens damage far more than the reproductive system. The thyroid is usually hurt first, leading to loss of energy, weight gain, depression, lethargy and a host of other symptoms."

• Dr. Kaaya T Daniel

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1512419

Here’s an older article by your favourite author.

"The reason why soy is so bad basically boils down to the isoflavones that it contains. Two of these isoflavones, genistein and daidzein, are what cause the majority of negative effects seen with soy protein use.

These two villains bind readily to Estrogen Receptors. One such receptor is the Alpha receptor and the other, of course, is the Beta receptor. The Alpha receptor is the one generally associated with breast tumors, increased body fat, water retention, etc. The Beta receptor really isn’t something to worry about. Anyhow, genistein and daidzein can bind rather well to the Alpha receptor.

No big deal right? Well, it might actually be somewhat beneficial if they didn’t activate transcription to any significant degree, as this would be what’s considered an anti-estrogenic action. In other words, it would be good if the compound binded to the site and didn’t cause any growth, while preventing any naturally-produced estrogen from binding (the estrogen “parking spots” would already be filled). However, genistein does activate transcription to a significant degree after binding to the Alpha receptor and therefore will cause growth of tissues"

• Cy Willson

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459861

This site aside, there’s a ton of other WebPages that say Soy effects your hormonal levels. A lot of them reference to studies as well. Here’s one article that’s slightly hysterical, but mirrors what some of the experts are saying on this site.

"If you’re a grownup, you’re already developed, and you’re able to fight off some of the damaging effects of soy. Babies aren’t so fortunate. Research is now showing that when you feed your baby soy formula, you’re giving him or her the equivalent of five birth control pills a day. A baby’s endocrine system just can’t cope with that kind of massive assault, so some damage is inevitable. At the extreme, the damage can be fatal.

Soy is feminizing, and commonly leads to a decrease in the size of the penis, sexual confusion and homosexuality."

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53327

I know a bodybuilder who can’t eat eggs or any milk products. he gets much of his extra protein from soy. He is also more developed and in better shape than nearly all of the pictures I have seen posted on this site from the forums here.[/quote]

What are you trying to prove with this one-man case study? Maybe some people are more tolerant to Soy than others.

It is one thing to simply avoid soy based on the possibility…and quite another to start acting like we need to be filing for child abuse because parents are feeding it to kids.[/quote]

I don’t really know what you’re trying to imply here. Have I mentioned filing for child abuse? I’m simply concerned for the well being of a family member.

[quote]Make1tRa1n wrote:
texasguy wrote:
m0dd3r wrote:
texasguy wrote:
Make1tRa1n wrote:
I wouldn’t worry.

I think the quiche comment threw you off.

I don’t blame you, because we all know your sweet beard is slowly detracting from your IQ.[/quote]

i believe it was modd3r who was off, since he was replying to my post, and now you.

While some may be more tolerant to soy than others anyone who lifts, apparently seriously enough to look better than nearly all the pictures on T-Nation, is going to be in great shape regardless of if they eat soy or not. I don’t think anyone’s suggesting it will halt gains or create milk ducts; the question how damaging is soy, is the damage done by soy reversible and if so what can reverse it.

It seems you feel it’s not that damaging though I’m curious as to the other experiences you’ve had with soy because the case study or antidote you gave doesn’t hold up.