Reverse Band Bench

Since having to deal with these f’n rotator cuff problems, I’ve had to come up with ways to bench heavy but protect the shoulders.

So, I’ve been using 2- and 3- board presses, Inclines, Dumbbell work and Reverse Band work.

Here’s a video from the other day doing a rev band 2-board. I went fairly heavy and no shoulder pain.

Here’s the youtube: Football Strength Training - 2 Board Bench - YouTube

You’ll hear some Beagle barking in the background…sorry, the squirrels are out in full force!

Nice! How much was the bar loaded with?

I agree with your approach of using various board heights and reverse band press. I don’t do straight bench anymore than once per week. Anything else is one of those variations or my shoulders hurt and my strength drops.

My shoulder’s been giving me trouble lately, too.

I’ve been doing a lot of the same stuff, it’s nice to still hit it hard without doing more damage.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Nice! How much was the bar loaded with?

I agree with your approach of using various board heights and reverse band press. I don’t do straight bench anymore than once per week. Anything else is one of those variations or my shoulders hurt and my strength drops.[/quote]

I think it’s 605…I filmed all the sets and don’t remember which one I actually put on youtube.

Same for me…Full bench a few times a month…actually, pushing it on the accessories (tri’s, back, shoulders) and doing stuff with boards and reverse band work has cause an explosion in weight! And, my shoulders feel good.

I can still Incline pretty heavy with no problems. And, dumbbell work gives me 0 pain.

How about you?

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
My shoulder’s been giving me trouble lately, too.

I’ve been doing a lot of the same stuff, it’s nice to still hit it hard without doing more damage. [/quote]

Hey Ghost,

I read your blogs and noticed you are doing a Westside variation with the anabolic diet…how’s that working for you?

That’s pretty much my training/diet life right there.

-Steve