Reverse Band Barbell Rows

it’s third session i have been using it, basically i found they isolate more the lats compared to a no bands rowz,bb path seems the same reps after reps and this allows me to just focalize on squeezing, any t-folks use it?

how do you set it up?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
how do you set it up?[/quote]

it’s quite easy,like a reverse bench…power-rack: I put the bar(pins) at higher hole ((cant’ attach bands directly to the rack cage as it is too much high and bands could break as distance from cage to bb exceeds bands elasticity) ,doubled light band per side, barbell (loaded) is racked on other pins ,same holes of flat bench,i came inside the rack, hold the barbell and row to dead :slight_smile: excuse my english; tomororow is back day and can do some footage if you want

[quote]buzza wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
it’s quite easy,like a reverse bench…power-rack: I put the bar(pins) at higher hole ((cant’ attach bands directly to the rack cage as it is too much high and bands could break as distance from cage to bb exceeds bands elasticity) ,doubled light band per side, barbell (loaded) is racked on other pins ,same holes of flat bench,i came inside the rack, hold the barbell and row to dead :slight_smile: excuse my english; tomororow is back day and can do some footage if you want[/quote]
I could certainly be off, but I’m picturing something similar to this, only doing a row instead of a rack pull of course. Would that be kinda-sorta-almost like it?

Pretty related, Meadows wrote an article about using bands and chains for bodybuilding. Could be worth a read:

I actually really like doing rows against bands lying on a bench, so basically the exact opposite. Start with a stretch, strong pull, strong contraction(I try to hold it against the band’s natural tendency to bounce). I started doing it as a recommended exercise/warmup to help my bench form(‘pull the bar to you’) and discovered it feels amazing for feeling a contraction in my back, and moved on to using it as an actual movement on back day.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]buzza wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
it’s quite easy,like a reverse bench…power-rack: I put the bar(pins) at higher hole ((cant’ attach bands directly to the rack cage as it is too much high and bands could break as distance from cage to bb exceeds bands elasticity) ,doubled light band per side, barbell (loaded) is racked on other pins ,same holes of flat bench,i came inside the rack, hold the barbell and row to dead :slight_smile: excuse my english; tomororow is back day and can do some footage if you want[/quote]
I could certainly be off, but I’m picturing something similar to this, only doing a row instead of a rack pull of course. Would that be kinda-sorta-almost like it?

Pretty related, Meadows wrote an article about using bands and chains for bodybuilding. Could be worth a read:

[/quote]

ciao Chris,

kinda-sort-like except that bands I use are light a/o medium (from 50 to 100lb),load used is mainly the same I use with no banded rowz as I want to have a " fixed bar path" so I don’t overload the bar as I do with reverse band bench…
barbell is racked on pins and not on safety bars,details on pics

[quote]red04 wrote:
I actually really like doing rows against bands lying on a bench, so basically the exact opposite. Start with a stretch, strong pull, strong contraction(I try to hold it against the band’s natural tendency to bounce). I started doing it as a recommended exercise/warmup to help my bench form(‘pull the bar to you’) and discovered it feels amazing for feeling a contraction in my back, and moved on to using it as an actual movement on back day.[/quote]

yep me too do the inverted rows lying on the bench, i use it like a “finisher” excercise on back days, I found it causes a better peak contraction than “fat man rows” where barbell is on the pins ,your feet are on the bench and you do a body rows…but “my” reverse band barbell row are just a normal row but inverted :slight_smile: